GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
C

Can't endorse that. That ill-disciplined coat hanger could cost him a week. Stupid and reckless.

Can't see that costing a week, was reckless and I don't think deliberate.

Plus, if they ping Cotch for that I hope they ping the StKilda player who did a very similar tackle.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
the whole narrative after this game is that we earned no respect for that performance. Supporters of 17 other clubs hate us, and social media gives them a platform. I expect the entire weeks media coverage to be about Lynch being suspended (or not).

Reactions: 1 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I started to get the same awful feeling towards the end of the 2nd qtr and during the 3rd qtr that I experienced last week. It was an overwhelming fear that the Tiges were going to be overrun by a younger, hungrier outfit.

I hope it’s just the lack of match fitness in some of the key personnel, shorter qtrs preventing them grinding opponents to death and no Soldo, rather than the beginning of Rome’s decline.

• Sad

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
She's 100% right.

It was a selfish, dumb, individual first thing to do. If the Saints bloke had turned his head he'd be sitting in the stands next week.

He should have been dragged off the ground and had his backside smacked when he was six and got that sort of behaviour out of him.
I often agree with things you say ...but there was NOTHING in that...it was utterly harmless , without any force and clearly intended to have no force. The game is becoming ridiculously precious ...who needs the stress perhaps... But to say "its a bad look for the game" or a reportable offence is crazy.

Reactions: 9 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I liked the brief glimpse of Balta rucking.

Yeh you hope that brief cameo shows he should be the only choice for relief Rick next week.

And how about some of his pack spoils from way back?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Once upon a time if the Pies were playing against the Cats the majority of Tiges supporters would be barracking for the Cats, however I reckon its just about flipped on it’s head, Cats seemed to be a really disliked club now by opposition supporters

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Once upon a time if the Pies were playing against the Cats the majority of Tiges supporters would be barracking for the Cats, however I reckon its just about flipped on it’s head, Cats seemed to be a really disliked club now by opposition supporters
Not sure I'd want to play Collingwood on a roll in a GF. Reckon Geelong might be able to win through, and now that the monkey's off the back, Brisbane will be a lot tougher in a GF also.

Geelong is the best result for us I think.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not sure I'd want to play Collingwood on a roll in a GF. Reckon Geelong might be able to win through, and now that the monkey's off the back, Brisbane will be a lot tougher in a GF also.

Geelong is the best result for us I think.
I’m still of the belief our best is the best, however It’s still anyone’s imho

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Yes commentary not about 'TEAM' when it comes to Geelong seems to be all about Danger franking his greatness with a Premiership and of course the prodigal son one last premiership.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
We are going more akin to the tail end of 2018 than 2019.

We were rolling like an avalanche last year, and after flogging the Bears we were slow to get going against the sooks until we kicked in after half time.

Tons of disruptions and we havnt had continuity and havent had the luxury of returning our best players from injury over 6-8 weeks leading into September.

Houli and Edwards, Cotchin in and out, Dave back from a long injury, Dion back from a long lay off.

Lambert not fit battling with an alleged chronic hip issue, Daniel down on form, George has been down all year, Caddy in and out.

Soldo out now and Tommy also missing games.

I must be the only one thinking we have timed our run pretty well, especially with what it was looking like a month ago.

Games into our injured and missing players, Nank, Shedda, Dion, Bashar, Astbury, (all of which were fair to good last night).

Beat Geelong ,West Coast in lead up to finals, were quite dominant in the Brisbane qualifyer at stages but it got away from us through some uncharacteristic brain fades, (can't win them all).

Beat Brisbane by 41 points in August and then lost to Port by 21 pts after 4 day break, interstate travel without our full complement.

Playing the best team all year next week with all the advantages so will be tough.

Anyhow my glass is 3/4 full not half empty.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why are the media referring to 3 missing Stkilda players.
Ryder was delist material a month afo.
Carlisle wasn't even getting a game.
And if you want to know what a sniper looks like Long is the biggest one in the game currently.
Om.shocked how he only got one week suspension on the back of a 1970's elbow to the chin.
I couldn't believe they tried to challenging it and i couldn't believe they didn't have the power to increase the penalty.
But don't mention that to a Stkilda supporter. Cotchins bump on Shelid was 10 times worse.
Dikheads.

Mark Zanotti

Tiger Cub
Apr 19, 2013
He’s an interesting one Pickett.

Skills at times are sloppy I reckon, but there was a fair breeze in the first half so I may be being a bit harsh.

i also think he chooses to bump far too often instead of tackling. But he split some poor Saint in half in the def 50 in the last qtr which was a thing of beauty.

And I also think he drops his head in marking contests at times, especially when going back with the flight.

But he does cover a lot of ground I must say. And he does link up very well.

So yes he stays imo, but he still has some things to work on.
Pickett has a natural tendency to try and hurt others, and most of us including Dimma like it. Who didn't like his hit on Marshall? Whack!

But when he gets the ball and goes to kick, lately I've been thinking "here comes a nice looking kicking action straight to oppo" and lately I've been right far too often.

Reactions: 2 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I'm not happy with our form in the 2 finals this year, we're not humming along like 2017 & 2019.

The main positive from last night was that it wasn't a bruising contest so we should be right to go in 7 days.

Port are a physical side, this will be a bruising encounter. With their narrow ground it's all about centre square dominance and locking the ball in your front half.

All things considered, a win against Port in SA on Friday would be more impressive than our wins from the past 3yrs.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I'm not happy with our form in the 2 finals this year, we're not humming along like 2017 & 2019.

The main positive from last night was that it wasn't a bruising contest so we should be right to go in 7 days.

Port are a physical side, this will be a bruising encounter. With their narrow ground it's all about centre square dominance and locking the ball in your front half.

All things considered, a win against Port in SA on Friday would be more impressive than our wins from the past 3yrs.
We will be lucky to win this game. Especially if Lynch gets rubbed out, which is likely given the media beat up.

Adelaide is not a good ground for us being so narrow and stops our normal free flowing game, which I might add used to be our strength. A bit lacking these days.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010

Agree with first para & with finals being played on a regular basis now time for Tigers to get some consistency in their game. Come Friday night three Fridays games in a row with Prestia Nanks Astbury & Edwards more match fit so look out Porters especially Butters,Rozee,Burton,Dursmaa,Marshall & Motlop.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
We will be lucky to win this game. Especially if Lynch gets rubbed out, which is likely given the media beat up.

Adelaide is not a good ground for us being so narrow and stops our normal free flowing game, which I might add used to be our strength. A bit lacking these days.

Absolutely no chance he gets suspended for that even with the beat up. Not even fine worthy.