Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Baloo said:
It's everything tonight, win and we're a good chance to win the big one, lose and it's probable straights sets exit.

I actually would fancy our chances if we were to line up against Sydney or Essendon next week. It's the following week that I think we would have no chance in and, in effect, the year becomes 1995 or 2001 all over again. Hopefully we wouldn't fall away again like we did in 1996 and 2002.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Wow, I'm getting to the ground around 3.30 to line up for a good seat in the MCC (gates open at 5), but lining up already?! Wow.

I hope it stays dry, not sure the wet would favour us as much as people think, their bigger bodies and all.

Leysy, might see you at the London after we secure our seats. I'll be the tall bloke with the Tigers scarf.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Have never wanted something as much as this in my entire life.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm off to the pub for lunch then Mum's Aged Care Home for happy hour later on Better pace myself or I'll conk out before the game. :spin

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
If we win tonight, I start strict diet for the rest of September. Im probably 14kg from what I should be and my wife is concerned that any increase anxiety and stress (the lift of a Richmond tragic) may lead me to a heart attack. I can literally feel my chest pump in games like GWS (away) Freo - Sydney - Bulldogs.... and even games like Collingwood, Melbourne and Essendon the games where alive with 10-15min to go.

So win tonight and onto the man shakes on Sunday.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
I'm coming down from the Otways and don't get to many games. It's been a freezing week down here and I have been stuck in the house all week with an injured ankle. So to say I am looking forward to tonight is an understatement.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get into the ground tonight. Should I aim at getting to the ground an hour before or will the lines be massive?

E

easy_tiger

Mopsy said:
Have never wanted something as much as this in my entire life.

:hihi

This is shaping into the best game day thread of all time

Loving the stories of tiger days across the world.

Im on the farm, 25 deg not a cloud in the sky.

Drank too much coffee and walking in circles

Off to an old tiger mates for tea and the game

If we win, driving to melbourne for the PF and a few beers with the cream of PRE.

Go tigers.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Biggest game in our recent history.

I was bloody calm until I read this thread. ;D

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Same. Knocking off at 3pm. Straight to pub from work to take the edge off the nerves.

Mr Pumblechook

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2004
josey said:
I'm coming down from the Otways and don't get to many games. It's been a freezing week down here and I have been stuck in the house all week with an injured ankle. So to say I am looking forward to tonight is an understatement.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get into the ground tonight. Should I aim at getting to the ground an hour before or will the lines be massive?

MCG is suggesting that if you get there any later than 6:30 you risk missing the start of the game. We're aiming to get there at 6:00.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Tiger Pops said:
I can literally feel my chest pump in games like GWS (away) Freo - Sydney - Bulldogs.... and even games like Collingwood, Melbourne and Essendon the games where alive with 10-15min to go.

Is that not normal? I get that all the time!

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
MCC lines starting to build ... still only 50-100 atm but I expect it to grow quickly after lunch. Loving the hum and the facts there's only 2-3 catters here drowning in yellow n black. ;D Get in there Tigre!'

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Just got into the city to soak some atmosphere as the game time approaches before heading home to watch the game with family & hopefully some Tiger tragics like myself and others on PRE.

All I can say is gee it's a wonderful day for football.

A few clouds with the sun still out.

Less than 8 hours to go now. Countdown

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
On way into Mel now. Blue sky and scattered clouds. Pub lunch to ease the nerves.
It's all before us. Play our best and we win.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Got my Tiges t-shirt on, my Tiges windcheater on and my pre-game Tiges-are-playing-nerves on as well.

Heading home after work with a bottle-o stop on the way to get some quaffing scotch to calm my nerves.

Will be watching the CH7 shitty coverage and trying to avoid shouting at teh screen.

Wife and Daughter will prolly be up the other end of teh house trying to stay as far away from me as possible. I'm not that bad am I? Surely not.

Go Tiges - Get in there!!!

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Mr Pumblechook said:
MCG is suggesting that if you get there any later than 6:30 you risk missing the start of the game. We're aiming to get there at 6:00.

Thanks.

I might aim for 6 as well.