Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This match day thread will have the longest lead up to the first bounce. Until of course the prelim match day thread.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
BetterTigers said:
Well I'm absolutely pumped for the game!! Already in the MCC queue with a handful more diehards! Feels like the biggest game for 20 years or more.

how big are the MCC queues? because we are reliant on them to push this crowd towards 6 figures.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
I was up at 5am trying to stay busy but I literally woke up thinking GAME DAY... I'm in Taipei and have a full day of meetings with a big presentation at 4.30pm (Melb time) with a MNC, then I'm literally straight home to have a beer to calm the nerves and hope my Global pass doesn't play up like it did a little last night...

I think part of the angst is this will right a few wrongs of the past should we win, I'm onboard and think we have a great chance in this game, I think if we play our natural game we can and should beat the cats..

Normally its us that is making changes because of the other team, this time its the cats..

Tigers by 18 points, Go Tigers!

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
josey said:
Thanks.

I might aim for 6 as well.

What time do the gates open?

Was thinking get there early, then get a pass out and go to the Royal (assuming I can get back in without having to Queue up again).

What could go wrong? ...........

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Mopsy said:
Have never wanted something as much as this in my entire life.

:hihi I reckon Im the same.

Im so nervous i can;t stomach my lunch

Tommy H

Tiger Champion
Apr 5, 2014
Feeling pretty calm here. Sun out in the north of Melbourne, wind is up a bit. I've just got a good feeling about tonight. The G will be rocking with tiger fans tonight. We've played in front of some huge crowds already this year. Crack in early and match them for intensity from the start. They will look to come out and knock us of our game. We've gotta be prepared for their early barrage. If we can match them early we will beat them. Our time is now Tigers, hunt in packs, attack like your lives depend on it. Leave nothing out there. This is our dung hill, this is our game, get out there and maul these pretentious, arrogant flogs Tiges!

TigerMad

Dec 18, 2002
TigerMad said:

Was thinking get there early, then get a pass out and go to the Royal (assuming I can get back in without having to Queue up again).

Still not sure how pass out work tonight.

Opening times
Gates

Public

5.30pm

AFL Reserve

5.30pm

MCC Reserve

5.00pm

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
TigerMad said:

as I said the other day, there is no such thing as passouts and haven't been for years. if you leave the stadium, you will have to scan your ticket out, then queue up again when you return.

TigerMad

Dec 18, 2002
Ian4 said:
how big are the MCC queues? because we are reliant on them to push this crowd towards 6 figures.

MCC will be full.
Guest passes were reduced from 4 to 2 for MCC members for this game.
Have friends who is an MCC member who had to buy a dining package in MCC to get a ticket.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Harry said:
Feeling faint.

Need beer.

Just tucking into a couple now to quiet the nerves before we jump in the car for the two hour trip.

Might have to take it easy or tonight could become a bit of a blur!
(I'm not driving btw)

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
how good woud it be .... S%it... we won,, now what.

Super Saturday - watch the VFL - Watch the other 2 elimination finals.. I dont want to see who we play against (Ess v Swans game).

Come on tigers,,,,,,,, make up for all the Christmas - birthday and fathers day and win this one tonight. you call it following your processes, I call it just play bloody good team, intense footy, move it quickly and dare to take the game on like most of our 2017 games.

TigerMad

Dec 18, 2002
Ian4 said:
as I said the other day, there is no such thing as passouts and haven't been for years. if you leave the stadium, you will have to scan your ticket out, then queue up again when you return.

Bugger!
There goes plan A!

Thanks Ian.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Tiger Pops said:
how good woud it be .... S%it... we won,, now what.

Super Saturday - watch the VFL - Watch the other 2 elimination finals.. I dont want to see who we play against (Ess v Swans game).

Come on tigers,,,,,,,, make up for all the Christmas - birthday and fathers day and win this one tonight. you call it following your processes, I call it just play bloody good team, intense footy, move it quickly and dare to take the game on like most of our 2017 games.

Win tonight and the past 35 years will be forgiven.

Well sort of.