Game Day - Tigers V Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers V Blues

Reckon we win this. I'm expecting white hot pressure on the Carlton mids.
Some unsociable footy.
Our overlap will destroy them.
Tiges by 28 points

Reactions: 5 users
Blues missing Weitering, Docherty & Walsh. We get Martin, Lynch & Nank back & are basically at full strength on the G.
We won't get a better shot this year.
So if we can't get this done or at least be competitive in a close loss it's going to be a very tough season ahead.
My fear is it will be anyway. The depth of our squad just isn't there.

Gut says Blues by 15.

Reactions: 2 users
Blues missing Weitering, Docherty & Walsh. We get Martin, Lynch & Nank back & are basically at full strength on the G.
We won't get a better shot this year.
So if we can't get this done or at least be competitive in a close loss it's going to be a very tough season ahead.
My fear is it will be anyway. The depth of our squad just isn't there.

Gut says Blues by 15.
Cumbo and Sonsie played when we beat Brisbane in the 2022 final in Brisbane - so there is a few players for depth..! Throw in Jack Graham too .
I may be clutching but may as well be positive this morning before I flip tonight

Reactions: 1 user
Broad definately the one for Leysy.

Has kept these athletic talls like Cameron in check previously.

Not sure Grimesy has the athleticism these days.
My concern with that is Curnow will drag Broad to the goal square and make it a battle of strength.

They also have Jack Martin out who normally plays well against us and to a lesser extent Motlop and Marchbank are also out.

Bar Graham, we are at full strength so the talent will be all out there. So it will come down to having the hunger and desire to win the ball for 4 qtrs and to run and carry and take the game on. Do that and we can beat them.

Reactions: 1 users
We rested players for this game and paid a heavy price last week with the side uncompetitive for an hour. We will have had a heavy week leading into that game and this week will have done nothing. So. We should be surprisingly fresh.

RFC has a lot invested in this game. It's planned.

Whatever we can produce in the Phoney Season we will produce. I expect Carlton to be off. Teams no longer set their fixtures around beating us. Carlton were set last week and this week they play some dud side. Nineteenthmond.

It's up to Yze and his lieutenants to deliver tonight. We are set for this game.
Yeah good call Jack

We aren’t a prize scalp any more and could take a few of our own

Reactions: 1 users
This is it. The olders guys want another shot at a flag.....it lives or dies on this game!!
Not confident of a win but am super confident we will come with massive assault on this match.

Last edited:
Yeah good call Jack

We aren’t a prize scalp any more and could take a few of our own

This is a make or break game, Carts. And let us not think of the impact on pay-by-the-month memberships if we don't turn up two weeks in a row. Arses are on the line.

IF Yze can get the players to actually turn up we will see close to peak early season Richmond tonight.

Reactions: 4 users
heads dropping is a worry for any team and on the back of last week for us a mega worry

Dusty , Nank & Lynch back may put a bit more steel into our guys spirits

At the G , rebound from last game and the injection of quality players - finger crossed for a way better performance

Full strength indeed, bar Graham

My fear is that our senior core are just professionals doing a job these days.

The passion that fueled the dynasty hasn’t been evident for a while.

Reckon the next flame gets sparked when we unearth the next 1-2 generational talents.

Reactions: 6 users
i went into 2024 expecting to be 0-2. But hoping we could beat the Power and Swans at home to even the ledger. So I'm going into tonight as if its a free hit. But I can't see us getting within 20 points.

No matter who plays on Curnow he’s a protected species didn’t receive a free against Lions
So expect umps to make it up to him and pay the softest of frees

Everyone blowing smoke up the blue baggers ass and reckon they may be drinking too much of their own bathwater.

With their outs we may just be in with a sneaky chance...

Reactions: 4 users
If we can play for 4 quarters we're a chance. But I haven't seen a good 4 quarter effort for too long.

Unfortunately, I reckon were at the point where the dynasty is over and we're trying to pick up the pieces after the party. Carlton are on the rise and are a chance to do some real damage this year. We are at opposite ends of the cycle and Carlton should win comfortably.

DS

Interesting that Jack Riewoldt said that on field, the team was very quiet last week. No voices. That’s not good.

Hopefully Lynch and Nank improve that. (Dusty is a Humphrey).

Interesting that Jack Riewoldt said that on field, the team was very quiet last week. No voices. That’s not good.

Hopefully Lynch and Nank improve that. (Dusty is a Humphrey).
Shorty had a very poor audition as Captain.