Game Day - Tigers v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v GWS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good to win at Sydney Showgrounds too, our record there before today was 4 wins from 8 games.

Now we get a 6 day break, another interstate game, and we play a team with a long break. How's that work? Ok, so scheduling means we get 2 interstate games in a row with a short break, which I reckon should not be the case for any team (I do recall looking at this and a couple of other teams had the same) but to also get a team with a 14 day break is a bit rich.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Have a listen to the crowd, outnumbering the giants on their home deck. First the yell of ballll then the Pickett goal, the roar was so loud

Good to see 2 angles of that, on the first shot it looked like the GWS player was close to Marlion, but the behind the goal footage showed Marlion had good separation. One of those things which is so much harder to see when not at the game.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just a great, hard fought victory. Now drinking some red soaking in the win. Life is good :)
I were already drinking Red from the stress of the VFL game and continued throughout the day, ended up being a good combination :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I always noticed this with past photos of our players after a win but still don't know if that 'hand on another player's leg' was some in-joke done by the players. Always laugh at it and now Hugo's learnt....

1685866105425.png

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thought Himmelberg went well today , I think we could fit him in down back , not sure he’d be our answer up forward though

Reactions: 1 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
GWS were cleaner in close than us all day. Easy to pick on individual plays but overall impression at ground level they were better
Balta was magnificent Everytime he was in the play felt confident he would win it
Our biggest weakness was dump kicks.
Himmelberg looked magnificent but I think we contributed to that. Although he can take a contested mark and appears good by foot

Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
GWS were cleaner in close than us all day. Easy to pick on individual plays but overall impression at ground level they were better
Balta was magnificent Everytime he was in the play felt confident he would win it
Our biggest weakness was dump kicks.
Himmelberg looked magnificent but I think we contributed to that. Although he can take a contested mark and appears good by foot
I thought baker changed the game with some of his flat kicks into the forward line.

Reactions: 1 user