GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Numbers are strongly in our favour, yet it feels a bit like we're a sitting shot given our slowish starts. Some cards could be marked early if the older players don't perform.
I was thinking something along these lines this afternoon.

I don't reckon Hardwick needs too much encouragement to get some of the kids into the team.

By picking, in essence, the grand final side, he wants to find out if the hunger is still there.

I can see plenty of action at the selection table in coming weeks if players are off their tucker.

Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Is anyone really expecting a hangover? A poor performance? This is a hugely significant game. The return of footy to the G, the return of people to the footy, and waving two flags in the Scums face.We won't lose this.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
II'd love a big comprehensive win but I'm not expecting a big win.

Last year we should've pisssed it by 80+ but let them in with stupid frees and then had to fight to hold em off.

Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I’m in the iffy camp... seems every year we get out to what should be a blow out result, then we just stop and Carlton tend to get back within 3 kicks before we put it to bed.... always gets my heart ticking when should be done n dusted

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Going by the way we play now I don't care about big wins anymore. In fact, we probably don't need to use more energy if we're well in front and certain to win. Just don't get complacent and get the 4 points.

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Aarts gets the last spot over Marlion.

Interesting.

Our side apart from that Aarts v Pickett battle was pretty predictable.

Slight on Chol that after the entire pre season he again misses without a second ruck.

Shouldnt be a concern against the Blues without De Konning and the retired Kreuzer, but Casboult torched us in the ruck last year when Kreuzer went off.
I didn't think Chol has done enough during preseason as he still has his 'go missing' trait and he is an emergency only if a tall is suspect. I still expect CCJ to take over the 2nd ruck / forward role when eligible

Reactions: 3 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Hope so Mr T.

If there is any complacency in us expect the Blues to beat us.

Nine on the trot has to be broken sooner rather than later and I see them improving this year somewhat.

They would love nothing but to spoil our unfurling of TWO flags by beating us. 1972 & 1982 still hurts.

If we are switched on it may be over by half time if not it will be a close .

What’s with this Shane Edwards comments I keep hearing about?
Anyone know?
Okay, get off the fence there. There’s no each way bet here.
let’s stake the Tigers at +19

• Haha

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I am slightly worried about this game

We may fall just a couple of points short of a 100 point win

• Haha

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
We'll either win it early and back off, or they'll hang around and we'll put them away. Either way, it's the good guys by 4 or 5 goals.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Morning PREnders.

Looking forward to meeting you all ( who can ) at the London .

Hoping around 5ish.

Look out for someone wearing ..... let you all know when I’m close.

Waiting.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Didn’t know where to post this, but did anyone watch the Front Bar?

Tend not to watch because of Andy and sometimes Molloy can go over the top, but KB was on and I have to , either I needed a laugh or he was funny.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Eat 'Em Alive, Tiges! AFL is back and it is time to smash the Blues. Do not adjust your sets, regular transmission will resume shortly.:gotiges:gotiges:gotiges

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
II'd love a big comprehensive win but I'm not expecting a big win.

Last year we should've pisssed it by 80+ but let them in with stupid frees and then had to fight to hold em off.
We do enough to win this one usually without ever really blowing them away. If it goes to script we’ll cruise home by about 4 - 5 goals, but with a scare or two along the way.