GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Dogs

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What a great win. What a great team. Wrestled them to the dirt then rubbed their noses in it.

An epic laying down of the law.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just got home, longggggggggggg way home tonight with trains out and then roadworks but stoked I was at the game, its always good to be at a game you weren't expecting to win and then you do.

I thought our talls absolutely destroyed them tonight, only Naughton really stood up. Astbury, Balta, Broad and Grimes were awesome down back and made Schache look like a joke of a number 2 pick and Bruce to look like the spud that he is, leading to him trying to take Grimes out at every opportunity.

Cordy is another spud tall, Keath is ok, but geez he likes a hold.

Bakes as a forward / mid has me drooling, is the perfect long term Lambert replacement but can play that role with him still in the team too.

Shai was immense as was Nank who absolutely schooled Martin, when he don't argued him, he made him look like a schoolkid.

Its hard to picking anyone out not playing their role tonight, the forward / midfield pressure was excellent, Cotch really raised that in the 2nd quarter. I thought we were comfortably beaten in the 1st but were pretty good in the 2nd but just couldn't stick the ball through the big sticks, the goal towards the end of the 2nd was a confidence booster. Our centre clearance game in the 2nd half was outstanding (geez Shai is soooo good at the centre clearance).

I thought RCD did some nice things and didn't look out of place,

I was sat in level 2 of the ponsford stand (I'm usually the other end), but saw Mate in there. He's enormous. Was standing at the end for the song, was in the row in front of me and was still taller than me!! Haha

Reactions: 8 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
So Treloar had 27 disposals - he must have had them all in the first half.

Beavo frustrated that we had RCD and Ross play in the middle at times and we beat up their much hyped midfield. :clap2
Unpopular opinion - he's good, played well and I'd happily have him at the Tiges.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Two guys that simply don’t have the required desire in Scache &
JJ

A key back pair of Keath and Cordy is surely the worst in the AFL.

crumples crumpling (and teaching the bont some crumpling moves)

Daniel leaking goals whilst racking up cheap stats.

Bruce being Bruce and Wood being Wood.

should have laid them at 5.50 as they really are a 20/1 shot. Simply not good enough.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You sum it up well, Posh. What a great victory. What an amazing team and club.

We can all enjoy the rest of the weekend so much more now watching the other teams knock each other out but knowing they've got an enormous challenge on their hands to take out the 2021 premiership flag.

• Love

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Mate. I bleed for this club. You’ll die trying find a bigger supporter then me over the last few years. Except for 2018, changed to eagles after we lost the pies. But went back to the tiggers late in 2019.
.so much for faith.

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
Do not know why but I have increasingly been feeling like we will win.
I was sitting at the cricketers having a quiet beer waiting for friends before the game. I rarely bet but put a sneaky one on the tigers. I then read this post and thought stuff i feel the same. More money went on the tigers, ahh life is good.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Two guys that simply don’t have the required desire in Scache &
JJ

A key back pair of Keath and Cordy is surely the worst in the AFL.

crumples crumpling (and teaching the bont some crumpling moves)

Daniel leaking goals whilst racking up cheap stats.

Bruce being Bruce and Wood being Wood.

should have laid them at 5.50 as they really are a 20/1 shot. Simply not good enough.

Bruce is a massive spud. Another tall that hears footsteps. Dropped several marks in the 2nd half as he expected to get a hit from behind. Spent much of the 2nd half trying to take Grimes out off the ball.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Only wish Luke Darcy was commentating on the game.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I saw Bont jib it on a few occasions tonight. The Dogs don’t like the heat.

Reactions: 5 users

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I love how Baker and Bolton complement each other as small forwards. Just need a third amigo to fire.

In my mind, assuming both Baker and Bolton are available, I never want to see Aarts, Castagna and Rioli as our small forward combo again.
Not compltely "done" with Aarts just yet, he's" hard at it" at least, if lacking in the skills the other 2 possess, but I'd take that at this stage, Daniel and Jas spend far to much time completely invisible for my liking.
Loved the move of Bakes up Forward in the 3rd Q, injected some much needed energy and toughness that was lacking in the 1st Half, great move by Dimma or someone in the Coaching box, to see and make that change. But I still like Bakes down back, his attack on the ball and running in straight lines has been a highlight of late, but his versatility is a major plus for us and is nice to have if we are down in a certain area, he's a real spark plug.

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Neither Bontempelli or Petracca are Dusty but they are pretty good. Just when you think they're toast, they'll manage to get the ball to a teammate in a better position.