Game day V GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day V GWS

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Why? He left. He wanted out.
He is finished.
Coz he was too good to let go and would've strengthened our midfield even more. Was it too much of coincidence we were able to win a flag just 1 season after he left? Who knows.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'll take the result thanks. Jack came back. Lambert back to top form. Shai continues to impress.

Good for the team to learn they can't let up against quality oppo this season. Good start to the end of season run home.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Overall did we had to do.
GWS no kelly No Congililolio No Deledio
Weakest GWS team since 2013.
We need to tidy up our inside 50's
We cant afford houli Egg and short in the backline. A recipe for a diaster.
Lambert Bolton Lynch were all quality.
Prestia starts off well then disappears to often in games.
Cotchin was invisible in the first half.
They should never play Martin in a sundey 1 o'clock game again. Late Saturday nights at Boutique night club dont help.
Soldo is just rubbish.
Got the 4 points but still we are miles off our best.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
And so the experiment begins.

Jack, Lynch, Chol, Soldo.

Did we lose too much ground pressure?

Yes and no. The Giants picked their way through our zone too easily at stages, but then we seemed to comfortably shift gears when needed.

As long as Chol remains useful, we will persist with our extra tall against Port. Hopefully the weather improves and we can unleash the skills of Stack and Bolton.

Football is such a strange game these days. Plans within plans, gears within gears.

Still a lot of rust. Egg was too small, Short needs more time, Cotch just going and Rioli out of touch.

All in all though, that performance had a distinct 2017 shape about it.

Reactions: 5 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Interesting little verbal joust between Grimes And Lids in front of us.
Lids saying something you dirty c......blah blah.
No love it seems between those 2

Reactions: 2 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I remember in 2017 sitting at a similar game against this mob, who had beaten us earlier in the year.
It was raining and after a slow first quarter we beat them convincingly and as they say the rest is history.
I came away from that game in 2017 thinking, we can win this...
Earliy today's game played in same conditions and I'm thinking the same.
Our ceiling is high I reckon.
Eat Em Alive.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I remember in 2017 sitting at a similar game against this mob, who had beaten us earlier in the year.
It was raining and after a slow first quarter we beat them convincingly and as they say the rest is history.
Eat Em Alive.

That was a great win.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Pretty schizophrenic but good 4 pts

Cotchy dusty danny bachar all a bit down i thought and won

Lynchys best game and jack through it is ominous
Yep. Early on smelled of a route but we're still yet to fully gel and they had the skill to punish our many errors.

Fifth with a bullet.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Interesting little verbal joust between Grimes And Lids in front of us.
Lids saying something you dirty c......blah blah.
No love it seems between those 2
Yeah saw that myself. Was wondering what happened. Grimes can just point to his chest and show him where the premiership medal sits

Reactions: 1 users

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Don’t know what to think after that game. Didn’t think we played overly well, Dusty had a mare but we still won pretty easily. Seemed like GWS waltzed through our zone pretty easily at time but the back 6 stood up really well. Good to see Lynch and Riewoldt get another game together and they be pretty tough to stop when the are both up and going. Pies game will really show where we are at. Win that and we will look to be peaking at the perfect time and a few of the boys who have missed a bit of footy will be fresher come finals time.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Did what we had to do. With the players the Giants were missing plus Cognilio basically missing the whole game as well it was a game we just had to win. We had a very strong team in and to drop this game would have been a real blow.

We played well in patches but at other times were very scratchy. Our biggest issue still is our inability to convert our on field dominance on the scoreboard. We still stuff around with the ball too much and choose wrong options as well as miss a lot of easy shots.

But there are good signs as we are winning and building good momentum with still a lot of improvement to come. Overall a good win.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not sure Short, Egg and perhaps Houli can all play together down back. Need more steel. I'd be inclined to drop Egg and relocate Stack back there.

Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not sure Short, Egg and perhaps Houli can all play together down back. Need more steel. I'd be inclined to drop Egg and relocate Stack back there.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Very very good win today, I found it really hard to pick my bests. Highlight for me though was caesars boy Shai having 29;touches, the boys arrived

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Houli and Short coincided very poor games I thought and its exacerbated each others weaknesses.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Eat Em Alive.

I remember listening to that game out in my shed and it was a really good game to listen to. Really good second half from the Tigers that day.
Let's hope it's a blueprint for 2019.
The Tigers are going to have a crack this year and they won't die wondering.
Just never know.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Tend to agree. Shorty worries me at times. And Egg did look a little lost today. Don't know he'll make best 22 comes finals time, unless injuries are still causing some grief.

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Tend to agree. Shorty worries me at times. And Egg did look a little lost today. Don't know he'll make best 22 comes finals time, unless injuries are still causing some grief.
Yep, egg is not a finals player at this point in time. - not strong enough at the contest.I like Markov as his replacement.