Game Day vs Western Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day vs Western Bulldogs

SpaceAce said:
This will be the best game they will play all year, I can assure you.
Tonight we lost to a very ordinary side!

Let them have their night.

Positives are it wasnt Carlton, Essendon, GoDees or Norf that did it to us.

Saw the Dogs at once stage were very fast to run defensively in 2 waves of 3 defenders ahead and behind our smalls when we broke forward.

Anyone notice if this happened all game?

imagine if that ground was our Home ground we would be bottom 4 for the next 300 years.
we play that ground like *smile*.

craig said:
Geez we are looking small compared to the Dogs who looked like midgets against the Blues.

Still trying to be cute, and too many dumb blind long kicks to outnumbered forwards.

We are getting killed by a team that doesnt have a forward line and is using their Full Back as their Full Forward, but has a midfield with their tails up.

If you have time to be cute with a shimmy and a delayed release handball you have time to square up and keep for goal. Too much Showtime inside 40.

frawleyudud said:
Look, I'm the first to bag coach and team but this time I don't think there's any reason to do so. We have almost our entire leadership group in the stands. The best midfielder in the comp has decided to call it a day. We are relying on young kids to win us the games and we have unearthed some rippers. We lost 2 players on the night. Vloss and Rioli played jt out but they were struggling. Selections were all wrong. Doggies played their game of the year and could do no wrong. Agree though that we need to come up with a plan that we can use when our pressure is not there. Not sure Dimma can do that. Midfid major concern. Club finally starting to address but will take time for them to come through. Need to poach ready made pure mid but don't think we can with Martin, Prestia and Lynch now at the club.

Tend to agree, I'm not actually sure why we didn't ice up Rioli, he clearly couldn't run and he only managed to touch it twice after quarter time (I think).

crackertiger said:
Midfield was hopeless tonight. Nank was given a bath by a Junior Ruckman. End of story

Nope. Nanks held his own. Only played 68% game time though. English is going to be a damn good ruckman though. Bulldogs midfield setup was far superior. Our midfield was pumped tonight.

Combination of lots of things - not turning up to play for a start after a 10 day break is inexcusable; consistently zoning off in a poor press rather than play one on one; thrashed in centre clearances; no one to compete with Bont either in the middle or forward; Naughton given too much space plus too many of our better players having shockers or hopelessly out of form (eg Lynch - effort costs nothing to get to a contest son).

Throw in our injuries & there you go. Thought the kids played well/tried hard. However Menadue not up to it & Higgins dreadful. Hardwick & the coaching staff had a shocker too - why wasn’t Bolton tried in the midfield until the last 1/4 amongst lots of questions. Important things here - what did we learn & what structure changes do we need to make for a start. A second ruck option & address centre clearances is top of the list imo.

Just checked some of the stats, one stands out

BRANDON ELLIS - 14 DISPOSALS, 100% EFFICIENCY, -24 METRES GAINED

How about kicking the ball FORWARDS???

Tenacious Tiges said:
Yep, agree.
Prestia’s free - “only a handful of his jumper”
Houli’s free - “geez it was there but just”

Must only be okay if it’s a Geelong jumper or Collingwood jumper. What a media fan boy, gee I had the adulation of duds and barracking by the commentators.

You know, guys like Lou Richards, Bob Stilton and Jack Edwards would just bloody commentate the action and not opinionated or cheer. Today’s commentary is just sh!te. I like Jono Brown and Carey. They are fair in their opinions and say it as it is not like the rest of the media wankas.

In the week they are eulogising Mike Williamson they should be forced to watch 100 of his games and be instructed to emulate him or get the eff off air.

TigerFlag2017 said:
I think the loss tonight was 90% in the head. Just didn't turn up.

Cop out. Dont buy this at all. We just arent good enough, especially our nonexistant midfield. The games won there and we basically dont have a midfield.

Bulldogs also just have our number every time. If theres a bogey side its the doggies.

eddazol said:
Didn’t come to play. Injuries no excuse

Of course they are an excuse when you have the caliber of talent and leadership players out like we do. Take out the best players from the Pies and see how they go. Last year they lost a lot but nowhere near the talent of the Tigers.

It is not excusing our performance but not having leaders out on the ground told a story tonight. Kids need direction from players like Rance, Cotch, Riewoldt etc.

mrposhman said:

Handballing to a team mate 10m away under the pump still counts as 100% efficient - but just dumb

It was just a shocking game all round pure and simple.

Our worst of the year.

We were slow from the get go.

No point losing ya minds it was a shitful team performance.

Chuck it in the bin and move on.

TimeToRoar said:
Handballing to a team mate 10m away under the pump still counts as 100% efficient - but just dumb

Yeah I know, just shows where his head was at today. Back to the old Brandon Ellis, not the decent one we've seen over the last few weeks. Disappointing.

frawleyudud said:
Look, I'm the first to bag coach and team but this time I don't think there's any reason to do so. We have almost our entire leadership group in the stands. The best midfielder in the comp has decided to call it a day. We are relying on young kids to win us the games and we have unearthed some rippers. We lost 2 players on the night. Vloss and Rioli played jt out but they were struggling. Selections were all wrong. Doggies played their game of the year and could do no wrong. Agree though that we need to come up with a plan that we can use when our pressure is not there. Not sure Dimma can do that. Midfid major concern. Club finally starting to address but will take time for them to come through. Need to poach ready made pure mid but don't think we can with Martin, Prestia and Lynch now at the club.

prestia wouldnt get you dom Tyson in return.
Martin stayed by looks like he is at north Melbourne
lynch. Ablett and lockett would struggle in our forward line. how are we always out numbered going forward especially now with 6-6-6

mrposhman said:

he is rubbish. the more he plays the weaker we are