Game Day vs Western Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day vs Western Bulldogs

We are making a habit of looking flat after long breaks. Need to change something up.

Flat, no pressure, players jogging on transition, tackles too easily broken, disposal inside 50 ordinary other than Stacks pass to Baker leading up

Awful

Last week I watched some of the Freo v Dogs game and noticed a great plan the Dorkers had.

At every opportunity they put the ball on Daniel's head and let their forwards use him as a stepladder! They also spread their forward line so there wasn't a moshpit every time they went forward. What do we do? Bomb it long and hope someone gets the crumb for a snapped goal.

Right about now I am feeling sorry for Lynch...

K3 said:
Last week I watched some of the Freo v Dogs game and noticed a great plan the Dorkers had.

At every opportunity they put the ball on Daniel's head and let their forwards use him as a stepladder! They also spread their forward line so there wasn't a moshpit every time they went forward. What do we do? Bomb it long and hope someone gets the crumb for a snapped goal.

Right about now I am feeling sorry for Lynch...

the Ground Helps. alot more room at the MCG & Optus then this shithole

tigerlee said:
Of course they are an excuse when you have the caliber of talent and leadership players out like we do. Take out the best players from the Pies and see how they go. Last year they lost a lot but nowhere near the talent of the Tigers.

It is not excusing our performance but not having leaders out on the ground told a story tonight. Kids need direction from players like Rance, Cotch, Riewoldt etc.
Yep, if you really look at it our leadership atm is like Melbourne’s rainfall since Dec 18, non existent.

Gone - Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin (really say no more), *smile*, Griggs, Short, (tonight early) Rio and Vlaustin and then you have the money men as the senior players with hamstrung Houli.

craig said:
TBH i dont think we are actually missing Short that much Id say Stack and Houli have him covered.
Even if he was available next week I don't think he walks back in by any means. Backline was one tall short tonight... Virtually all other shortcomings were midfield and forward tonight.

Pandaboy said:
Cop out. Dont buy this at all. We just arent good enough, especially our nonexistant midfield. The games won there and we basically dont have a midfield.

Bulldogs also just have our number every time. If theres a bogey side its the doggies.

Yep. Similar game played by Collingwood. Massive more disposals and marks. Sometimes quick movement out of backline sometimes keepings off then bang. The blueprint is there. Not all teams have the cattle to implement but we can't compete against the best teams with this game plan.

Move Houli up to the wing he is not AFL standard hen he has to play a defenders role.

Was exposed tonight along with others.

yandb said:
Move Houli up to the wing he is not AFL standard hen he has to play a defenders role.

Was exposed tonight along with others.
I concur, he ain’t good on his back foot.

Had to go out so couldn’t watch the game; in hindsight that’s probably a good thing.

A disappointing result but not that surprising. We always struggle against the Dogs for some reason. We’ve beaten them once since 2013 and in reality we should’ve lost that as well. The thing that really concerns me is the margins in our losses. We are falling away very badly and getting smashed. Out percentage is pathetic.

Hopefully this is lie the Saints game in 2017. Too bad to be true. Just move on to next week. Freo in Perth will be tough but if we are at our best we can win.

22nd Man said:
Seems like the first instinct is handball.

Or, start a handball, then stop midway and the decide to kick but get tackled.

zippadeee said:
the Ground Helps. alot more room at the MCG & Optus then this sh!thole

Agreed, but the way we went into the F50 was just horrid! The time players, with skill, lowered the eyes and tried to hit up a leading player, better things happened.

Is it really so hard?

Ridley said:
Had to go out so couldn’t watch the game; in hindsight that’s probably a good thing.

A disappointing result but not that surprising. We always struggle against the Dogs for some reason. We’ve beaten them once since 2013 and in reality we should’ve lost that as well. The thing that really concerns me is the margins in our losses. We are falling away very badly and getting smashed. Out percentage is pathetic.

Hopefully this is lie the Saints game in 2017. Too bad to be true. Just move on to next week. Freo in Perth will be tough but if we are at our best we can win.
Freo's forwards could have a party next week.