GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
The equation is simple. If we bring the heat and make the most of our opportunities plus the big boys ( Martin, Lynch, Cotchin, Prestia, Grimes) perform, game over full stop!

Reactions: 3 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I reckon our biggest advantage will be our loss earlier in the year. Port will be thinking we have a few decent ins this time around, but those ‘ins’ are transformative. We are a VASTLY better side now.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I just looked up Adelaide's weather
Directly underneath the weather is the most frequent asked questions referring to Adelaide, :rotfl1 20201015_232423.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Port have not travelled much ! A dream run Friday they Will be 10% off its Karma & Tigers will win by 4 goals ...

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I have to agree. I reckon we are slightly off. And it worries me. Hopefully we bring it on friday.
Agree with this. I don't think at any stage this year we've displayed the form that we had at the end of last year. It's why I'm not so confident against the Power. If we play to last year's end of season form we will win; simple as that. I'm just not sure we have it in us this year.

It would be a great time to find that form tomorrow night. Go Tigers!

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I reckon our biggest advantage will be our loss earlier in the year. Port will be thinking we have a few decent ins this time around, but those ‘ins’ are transformative. We are a VASTLY better side now.
A sense of false security can only be a good thing

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Agree with this. I don't think at any stage this year we've displayed the form that we had at the end of last year. It's why I'm not so confident against the Power. If we play to last year's end of season form we will win; simple as that. I'm just not sure we have it in us this year.

I think we have been at our best at times eagles game,cats etc. Against the saints we did it then we dropped off same thing against lions.I think it has to do of late due to personal coming back and getting match fitness to.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I love the idea of Bolton in our forward line our smalls haven't been great this year , but Bolton gives us class and goals seen it last week good move.

We need to bring our pressure and tackling intensity right to the top has to be all over the ground.We need a even 22 contribution to no passengers.Good delivery in our forward line and nail our chances.

Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
-They are the No 1 clearance side.
-This is something the last few weeks we have worked on & it’s helped getting the ‘midfield band back’.
-They are no 1 defensive unit & we are No 2.
-They are No 2 attacking side & we are No 3.

shapes up as ‘one hell of a fight’.
Nothing really separates these sides, so it’s going to be which leaders stand up, which young players ( also game wise ) will rise to the occasion & which coach sticks to its strengths / system the longest.
they rely on clearance into their forward line push all numbers up and press , its worked for them well ,

last time they smashed us in clearances , but we still managed to go over the top of their press into open space , and exposed it a bit by going coast to coast , i think that gets overlooked in the loss ,

they are 18th scoring from their backline , im not sure if that is because they arent good at it or havent needed to ,but we do have the edge in transferring the ball,

if we can even up the forward entries or better still dominate them I think we win , but if they get it on their terms again might be a tough night

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
People we are good.

Port ain’t that all that. This season there are only two teams that can beat us at their best - WC (never got rolling) and Brisbane.

Port are fraudulent.

They banked early wins after clearly hitting the chaotic season opening like a steam train.

They are good structurally and win the pill with genuine grunt, but that’s where it ends.

Astbury is our most important player tomorrow night. Port will look to bang it in to Charlie. Dave won’t panic, he’s seen it all before.

What else they got? There’s a sprinkling of class but it is easily smothered. The midfield bulls aren’t clean under pressure.

We got far more weapons. Class, cohesion, Lynch, Dusty. Jack will bob up. I can feel it, bruh.

And then there’s the backline. Quite simply the best I’ve seen in Tiger jumpers.

Port are fraudulent. Far more worried about Brisbane in the GF. And we’ll beat them too.

We’re the best team in the comp. Seven goal margin tomorrow.
Love the confidence Carter.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
they rely on clearance into their forward line push all numbers up and press , its worked for them well ,

last time they smashed us in clearances , but we still managed to go over the top of their press into open space , and exposed it a bit by going coast to coast , i think that gets overlooked in the loss ,

they are 18th scoring from their backline , im not sure if that is because they arent good at it or havent needed to ,but we do have the edge in transferring the ball,

if we can even up the forward entries or better still dominate them I think we win , but if they get it on their terms again might be a tough night
We can’t allow I50 entries 50 something to 20 something again to PA .
If that happens .......

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

We play as we did against WC & the Cats later half of the year , it gives us a great chance!

Reactions: 4 users

RichoMan28

#GoTiges
Mar 21, 2010
Astbury on Dixon. Balta on Ladhams. Grimes on Gray. I like our chances there. Vlas to set up in front of Dixon.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I see Hamish Harlett has come out and questioned Lynch's temperament and how easy you can get under his skin.

Port have definitely been very vocal about this game.

We must lay the first blow early in the game. Knock the confidence right out of them.

Reactions: 6 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Astbury on Dixon. Balta on Ladhams. Grimes on Gray. I like our chances there. Vlas to set up in front of Dixon.
Broad to Marshall. That's why i'm glad we kept Broad in. Allows Vlaustin to play that intercept role & Grimes can take Gray.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I watched the first half of the round 11 game against them for the first time.

Apart from Dixon missing a couple of soda’s it wasn’t as one sided as people have been saying. We still brought some serious heat with the team we had.

They broke many tackles across the ground and in the centre which set them up offensively - can’t see that happening
Dixon had way to much space to lead into - can’t see that happening again
Their young ruck - Ludhams ? had a blinder first half and kicked 2 or 3 goals - can’t see that happening
Home ground advantage - didn’t see it that first half and we have had some good recent wins at that ground against Port

Question: can Port step up again because the tigers were clearly in second gear and will ramp things up again from that effort.

• Wow