GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I see Hamish Harlett has come out and questioned Lynch's temperament and how easy you can get under his skin.

Port have definitely been very vocal about this game.

We must lay the first blow early in the game. Knock the confidence right out of them.

Yep they are definitely going to try and get under Toms skin - couple of early goals and they will fall apart. This type of rubbish shows where their heads at. We know what it takes to get the job done.

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I watched the first half of the round 11 game against them for the first time.

Apart from Dixon missing a couple of soda’s it wasn’t as one sided as people have been saying. We still brought some serious heat with the team we had.

They broke many tackles across the ground and in the centre which set them up offensively - can’t see that happening
Dixon had way to much space to lead into - can’t see that happening again
Their young ruck - Ludhams ? had a blinder first half and kicked 2 or 3 goals - can’t see that happening
Home ground advantage - didn’t see it that first half and we have had some good recent wins at that ground against Port

Question: can Port step up again because the tigers were clearly in second gear and will ramp things up again from that effort.

Their first qtr was as good as they have played all year in that game. They beat up on our midfield of Ross, Stack and Bolton .... the ball lived in their fwd half until we were able to sling it over the top of the press. Ladhams and Dixon also kicked two goals out of their rear ends.... all that and they won by what 15 points?

If We match them in the middle - they are in big trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We must lay the first blow early in the game. Knock the confidence right out of them.
This is the key IMO. Start fast and strike early. Take the crowd out of the game. We must take advantage of our periods of dominance in play and hit the scoreboard. Too many times this year we have dominated periods of play but failed to score. It cost us badly in the Brisbane final. We can't let that happen tonight.

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yep they are definitely going to try and get under Toms skin - couple of early goals and they will fall apart. This type of rubbish shows where their heads at. We know what it takes to get the job done.
Here is what he said...

Lynch) obviously gets caught up in the emotions of the game a probably a bit more frequently than others do,” Hartlett told Adelaide radio station FIVEaa.

“I guess others are able to control their instinct and reactions perhaps on their emotions a little bit better than what Tom does.

“I think there’d be plenty of people out there who would like to see his season come to an end... I’ll leave it at that.”

It will either back fire on them or will give our boys enough incentive to ‘get the job done’.

A lot of talk coming out of their camp.
We have to be prepared that they will target our ‘guns’ to get under their skin . There will be plenty focus on our players and the umpires have just got to the umpire the game. Pay what’s obvious and not be sucked in to what PA tactics will obviously be.
We got to be disciplined and not be giving 50 metre penalties .

Scoreboard pressure is what I want from our players.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
This is the key IMO. Start fast and strike early. Take the crowd out of the game. We must take advantage of our periods of dominance in play and hit the scoreboard. Too many times this year we have dominated periods of play but failed to score. It cost us badly in the Brisbane final. We can't let that happen tonight.
Critical.
Start & silence.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I remember what we did to Geelong this year and how we did it.

Bring that game and we've got this won at a canter.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Really think it’s a 50/50 game , one advantage I give Port is the fact it will just feel like a big home game for them and for us it’s not going to have that roar Preliminary feel .

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
All good. Discussions in Adelaide this morning about whether Port should wear their prison bar jumpers for the a Grand Final.

Keep that thinking up boys.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Really think it’s a 50/50 game , one advantage I give Port is the fact it will just feel like a big home game for them and for us it’s not going to have that roar Preliminary feel .

That's balanced out in that it's our 4th Prelim in a row. Just another Prelim. Add in we know the pain of losing one and I back our guys to be ultra methodical in how we approach tonight.

We're playing in a Prelim tonight. Port on the other hand are playing Richmond.

Reactions: 3 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
My nervous energy levels are at an all time high this morning.

I really want to beat this mob on their dungheap.

Quietly confident we can do it too.

Back in 2017 leading into the QF against the Cats I placed a multi-bet with Geelong as the last leg. Reason being that the last leg of my bets always lose, and so it came to pass. I haven't done it since.

Until this week. Not sure why I chose this game to do it again. But the bet is alive with Port as the final leg.

Here's hoping history repeats itself. For the second time in my life I will never be so happy to be donating money to the betting agencies.

Go Tigers!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Its a free hit tonight.

All the spotlight is on Port. They are the ones who finished on top of the ladder.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Well, the Kiss of Death has spoken:

IF ...​

I'm going to say something this week that has the potential to leave egg on the face ...

THEN ...​

it's this: the Tigers will be eliminated on Friday night, the era's finished.

So it’s Tigers all the way!

• Wow
  • Haha

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Just on form, we are in good form.

We played the power over there last time. One of the matches of the year and we were leading at 3-4 time before giving away 3 50 meters which cost us the game off a 4 day break with our starting midfield all out of the side.

We smashed west coast a flag favorite at the time.

We smashed geelong flag favorite and in red hot form at the time, they hardly scored against us. They didnt even score in the first half, game was over at half time.

We beat the other *smile* teams we played by not even get out of second gear.

Against the lions they took a risk and i think they were ok with losing the game playing injured players plus chol to see if he could handle the heat.

Smashed the saints, we were 4 goals up the whole game.

We have red hot form and power have hardly played a game in the last month. We should jump them at the start and hold the lead all game. Our defense is too good, and lynch should bury them. Hell if hawkins kicked straight they would of lost the first final. Lynch won't be kick 2.5 this week, i reckon 3+ otherwise Jack will show us how good he is by kicking them instead.