Gameday - Tigers V Bombers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gameday - Tigers V Bombers

Back on tonight’s coaching. Apart from the keeping’s off they constantly had free players in the middle which allowed clean entries into forward 50. Our inability to stop that was frustrating.
This. If you are going to allow them the ball at least close off the corridor. Mark Neeld type coaching tonight

Reactions: 3 users
People say you can't bag Dimma as he got us 3 flags. Perhaps he also cost us another 2

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
You keep going on about 2 goals. They kicked 10. 10 is the number, not 2.

And forget about the past and other teams Essendon may play. We’re talking about tonight. We had no answer for it - and against a rubbish team to boot.

Under control. Ridiculous. Essendon were always in the game. The inside 50’s, time in possession, scoring shots and ultimately, the scoreboard tells you that.
Conveniently avoided my main point, how do you propose we would have changed up our forward line pressure with the cattle we had? 18 points with 7 minutes to go, yes it was in our control but for one of the worst final 7 minutes of disposal and decision-making you could see. That's why they kicked 10. And the poor forward 50 entries the whole game. I'm on the side of the coaches, if that was the obvious solution, they would have done it. Need my beauty sleep. Goodnight.

Reactions: 1 user
This. Can see in Picketts attempt at the marking contests. Never goes up trying to mark but trying to tap it down. Even when he has a clear attempt at it does the same. That is a mindset given by the coaches
We are playing a winger/midfielder as essentially a key forward, it’s not fair on him. He has to go back to the wing.

The other thing I noticed about Marlion is that he is not attacking the opposition player as hard as he used to. I reckon he is spooked or confused about what he can and can’t do anymore. Seems to 2nd guess himself

Reactions: 10 users
Can’t have Graham Cotch Jack Dusty Prestia in the forward line at any one time
They’re too slow can’t hold the ball in and its an easy rebound for the opposition

Reactions: 4 users
Damn right. Infuriating. All night long.

I thought after quarter time we’d adjust for it and get control, but it just never happened.
We used to be the kings clogging up the corridor. Our wingers especially Macintosh were the catalyst. Tonight Macintosh was playing in the first row of the Southern Stand.

Our coaching standards are poor. Who ever is coaching Samson Ryan in the ruck ought to be shot.

I will spew up if I see him not keep his feet after a ruck contest. FOOTBALL BASICS! Keep your FEET! Once you see this lack of effort… it is hard to unsee!

It was a great decision to trade for Taranto. Imagine if we had another couple of Matt Clarke spuds instead. Two more Dow's, RCD or Brown's running around.
Throw in Higgins Coleman Jones
You might else throw in Will Martyn
Sonie hasn't shown anything this year.
The others I'm better

Our coaching standards are poor. Who ever is coaching Samson Ryan in the ruck ought to be shot.

I will spew up if I see him not keep his feet after a ruck contest. FOOTBALL BASICS! Keep your FEET! Once you see this lack of effort… it is hard to unsee!
Ivan Maric.

Flat as a night carter's hat. We are going to have to deal with poor draft choices with Tassie concessions looming. We might have to cut short a few pension plans or we are up to our necks in poo.
And its happened quickly.

Geelongs coming along behind us but not as rapidly as expected.

Miller won the Reserves Game with the last Goal.
How he did not play is baffling.
Miller 's form has been a yo yo but the fact is he played very well last week and deserved his spot in the side this week. This is what you get when you don't select sides on form. Nank was woeful tonight; how many easy marks did he drop?? We have hamstrung ourselves with this *smile* dual captain rubbish. If he wasn't captain he wouldn't be in the team. His form was poor before he got injured.

Reactions: 8 users
Miller 's form has been a yo yo but the fact is he played very well last week and deserved his spot in the side this week. This is what you get when you don't select sides on form. Nank was woeful tonight; how many easy marks did he drop?? We have hamstrung ourselves with this *smile* dual captain rubbish. If he wasn't captain he wouldn't be in the team. His form was poor before he got injured.
We saw this coming. Got a feeling he put Samson off someway. Samson combined better with Miller.

Reactions: 2 users
Conveniently avoided my main point, how do you propose we would have changed up our forward line pressure with the cattle we had? 18 points with 7 minutes to go, yes it was in our control but for one of the worst final 7 minutes of disposal and decision-making you could see. That's why they kicked 10. And the poor forward 50 entries the whole game. I'm on the side of the coaches, if that was the obvious solution, they would have done it. Need my beauty sleep. Goodnight.
What are you talking about forward line pressure specifically for ? It was the entire around the ground inability to close off their uncontested possessions as they inched and spaced us out all night long that was the issue.

We had no answer for it, even if you believe our coaching staff always do have the answers. Reality check: they don’t always have the answers - as the scoreboard and any amount of metrics tells you was the case tonight and is contrary to you thinking that we “had them under control”.

We never had them “under control.”

Nank has been bloody awful for two seasons..should not be playing...sorry but he shouldnt be selected over form from previous years.....ditto jack graham,he is slow and out of positiom every game almost..he is not a wingman and not a foward
Play miller and cumberland

What are you talking about forward line pressure specifically for ? It was the entire around the ground inability to close off their uncontested possessions as they inched and spaced us out all night long that was the issue.

We had no answer for it, even if you believe our coaching staff always do have the answers. Reality check: they don’t always have the answers - as the scoreboard and any amount of metrics tells you was the case tonight and is contrary to you thinking that we “had them under control”.

We never had them “under control.”
If our coaching teams had answers we wouldn't be 0 wins from 12 games with a result under a goal and own the worst streak of that nature in the AFL/VFL.

Dimma always says we will learn; it is clear we don't; or can't.

Starting to see why Sheds jumped ship to the Crows recruitment team. Realised hes surrounded by spuds
Don't flatter them.
Recruiting team. Not sure they should be called that.
Do u want the list?
From 2017 Higgins, Coleman Jones, Dow, Collier-Dawkins & Brown
None in our jumper tonight
Dow couldn't last 3qtrs. That's fked. He kept Graham Cotchin Flappers McIntosh on and took off Dow.
That's Sack yourself quality

Nank has been bloody awful for two seasons..should not be playing...sorry but he shouldnt be selected over form from previous years.....ditto jack graham,he is slow and out of positiom every game almost..he is not a wingman and not a foward
Play miller and cumberland
The selection of dual captains was a mistake. It reeked of a club very comfortable with itself and which didn't want to make a tough call. Nank should not be in the team right now.

I loved the 3 flags in 4 years; obviously. But the way we have dropped off since 2020 has been really disappointing. Particularly our continued inability to win close games.

Reactions: 7 users
Can’t have Graham Cotch Jack Dusty Prestia in the forward line at any one time
They’re too slow can’t hold the ball in and its an easy rebound for the opposition
Our best forward line is well structured but a combination of injuries and poor form has meant we haven’t had it once this season

Lynch and riewoldt
Cumberland and MRioli
Dusty and Shai and other mids rotating through
Ryan if we have him playing as 2nd ruck

Jack also plays so much better these days when Lynch is playing

This. Can see in Picketts attempt at the marking contests. Never goes up trying to mark but trying to tap it down. Even when he has a clear attempt at it does the same. That is a mindset given by the coaches
He actually has forgotten how to mark.
Those bullshiit attempts he tries at every chance, has made him into fumbling mess.