General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What's minimum wage for a pick 7? Hopefully you get a good player and Bowe improves. The average salary across the two from that perspective does become more palatable. He was highly praised as a junior. Bloody interesting to see how this turns out.
Wages for a pick 7 or pretty much any pick in the first two years is roughly $100 k plus senior match payments, so that's not really relevant. How much a player earns after the first two years is purely subject to performance n contract negotiations.

It might be stupid, but surely Mould Coast saw something about Bowes that made him worth such a fat contract. Always possible that a change of scenery, a massive push out of the comfort zone sees a player find that extra gear for potential to step up to output. Maybe he's a way overpaid hack, maybe he's a somewhat overpaid reasonable player, or maybe he finds a reason or a way to earn the value of his fat contract.

It's a fair bit of speculation, but a draft pick 7 thrown in as a sweetener would be mighty tempting for some.

Imagine a #lolnorf with obvious cap space all of a sudden having pick 7 to sit alongside their pick 1 at this years draft plus the added bonus of a 2nd and 3rd future that they must trade into a reasonable mature player for this year. Shekels would almost be irrelevant over the two years to get a fat draft bonus.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If we did the Pick 7 + Bowes trade I think it would be only for one reason.

Because we need the pick for the Taranto + Hopper deal.

BTW, I have heard that Bowes is owed $1.6 million for the next two years. That is why pick 7 is included.
The speculated $ 600 k a year is a fairly fat call, $ 800 k a year coz he's been back loaded to buggery is hovering somewhere between incompetent n insane.

Reactions: 1 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Pick 7 is a decent carrot to dangle.
Bold move to take on Bowes contract but could very well pay off.

GC would still want a late 1st rounder back I would have thought.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If we did the Pick 7 + Bowes trade I think it would be only for one reason.

Because we need the pick for the Taranto + Hopper deal.

BTW, I have heard that Bowes is owed $1.6 million for the next two years. That is why pick 7 is included.
Media are now running with the story. Bowes + pick 7.
How would Bowes be feeling now?
Ouch!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Pick 7 is a decent carrot to dangle.
Bold move to take on Bowes contract but could very well pay off.

GC would still want a late 1st rounder back I would have thought.
Could also blow up your salary cap and in 2 years time you lose players like Bolton , Baker , Sonsie etc

This deal is only good for us if we get rid of 2-3 players that cover this salary that we no longer have a need for

and even tat is questionable