General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Interesting comment on the Real Footy podcast yesterday that Geelong pulled out of the Hopper negotiations because his asking price would make him the second-highest paid player at the Cats. Gelong were concerned with the effect on club culture where most players are paid under their market value. Jake Niall made the observation that the structuring of player payments is more important than draft picks.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Interesting comment on the Real Footy podcast yesterday that Geelong pulled out of the Hopper negotiations because his asking price would make him the second-highest paid player at the Cats. Gelong were concerned with the effect on club culture where most players are paid under their market value. Jake Niall made the observation that the structuring of player payments is more important than draft picks.
It could be true, but not everyone is into Farms and surfing.
Hopper is leaving GWS for more noise and atmosphere not for a retirement village.
He is 25 not 35

Reactions: 6 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

Million dollar Dusty would suggest otherwise

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Cats looking at taking Bowes and getting pick 7!

They are not mucking around.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
As the cost of living is cheaper in Geelong I am sue that also helps them in paying less and of course some players prefer the more relaxed lifestyle.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
As the cost of living is cheaper in Geelong I am sue that also helps them in paying less and of course some players prefer the more relaxed lifestyle.

And most of them get given Simonds homes on the sly anyway. This "flat pay structure" is getting far too much airtime. It's only possible because of circumstances unique to Geelong.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah I heard that this morning by Sam Edmund.

I suspect it will be Pick 18 for Bowes & Pick 7.
Yep - sneak in the rule change to enable Geecheat to get maximum return. Their cheating ways never cease to amaze.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah I heard that this morning by Sam Edmund.

I suspect it will be Pick 18 for Bowes & Pick 7.
Thats tells me that there are at least a few retirements being announced. Selwood? Isaac Smith? Zac Tuohy? Jonathon Ceglar? Dalhaus? Dangerfield? I could go on and on.......

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Cats looking at taking Bowes and getting pick 7!

They are not mucking around.
So Hoppers price will upset the players, but at ~800k a season, Bowes will be one of the top paid players at the Cats??

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So you can listen to AFL Trade Radio at anytime during the day, which of the below Line-ups would you choose to get your hour fix?, I'm thinking maybe the 12pm Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey may be best?, although most on PRE would go Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd :)

Who's on and when

7am AEST: Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd
9am AEST: Cam Luke and Josh Jenkins / Adam Cooney
11am AEST: Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich
12pm AEST: Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey
1pm AEST:
Sam Edmund and Brenton Sanderson / Brendon Goddard
3pm AEST: Damian Barrett, Stephen Silvagni and David Noble / Matthew Rendell
6pm AEST: Sam Hargreaves and Matthew Rendell

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
So you can listen to AFL Trade Radio at anytime during the day, which of the below Line-ups would you choose to get your hour fix?, I'm thinking maybe the 12pm Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey may be best?, although most on PRE would go Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd :)

Who's on and when

7am AEST: Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd
9am AEST: Cam Luke and Josh Jenkins / Adam Cooney
11am AEST: Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich
12pm AEST: Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey
1pm AEST: Sam Edmund and Brenton Sanderson / Brendon Goddard
3pm AEST: Damian Barrett, Stephen Silvagni and David Noble / Matthew Rendell
6pm AEST: Sam Hargreaves and Matthew Rendell
Breakdown on what will be covered :

7am AEST: Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd - All the Trade rumours reported on bigfooty
9am AEST:
Cam Luke and Josh Jenkins / Adam Cooney - Rehash what was said by Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd
11am AEST:
Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich - Rehash what was said by Cam Luke and Josh Jenkins
12pm AEST:
Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey - Rehash what was said by Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich
1pm AEST:
Sam Edmund and Brenton Sanderson / Brendon Goddard - Rehash what was said by Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey
3pm AEST:
Damian Barrett, Stephen Silvagni and David Noble / Matthew Rendell - Rehash what was said by Sam Edmund and Brenton Sanderson / Brendon Goddard
6pm AEST:
Sam Hargreaves and Matthew Rendell - Rehash what was said by Damian Barrett, Stephen Silvagni and David Noble / Matthew Rendell

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Part of me would laugh if the RFC did it and took Jack.

Imagine the tears from all and sundry after the Tigers take Jack on board and turn him (the highly rated junior) into a gun and then draft another young gun with pick 7 along with grabbing Timmy and Hopper.

The Lolz would be delicious.
And then Jack Bowes ends up a Premiership player, in the fine tradition of Jacob Townsend, Mitch Morton and Shane Ellen.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Why has McCartney stated it would be sad losing Bruhn but not the same on Hop & Taz?

Mitch Blobbo's looking for a 3rd club.....bloody hell. Could be another Scumwood hack.