General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
BTW, I have heard that Bowes is owed $1.6 million for the next two years. That is why pick 7 is included.
It has to be a lot, obviously for that deal to be on the table, but that is insanity.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What's minimum wage for a pick 7? Hopefully you get a good player and Bowe improves. The average salary across the two from that perspective does become more palatable. He was highly praised as a junior. Bloody interesting to see how this turns out.
Wages for a pick 7 or pretty much any pick in the first two years is roughly $100 k plus senior match payments, so that's not really relevant. How much a player earns after the first two years is purely subject to performance n contract negotiations.

It might be stupid, but surely Mould Coast saw something about Bowes that made him worth such a fat contract. Always possible that a change of scenery, a massive push out of the comfort zone sees a player find that extra gear for potential to step up to output. Maybe he's a way overpaid hack, maybe he's a somewhat overpaid reasonable player, or maybe he finds a reason or a way to earn the value of his fat contract.

It's a fair bit of speculation, but a draft pick 7 thrown in as a sweetener would be mighty tempting for some.

Imagine a #lolnorf with obvious cap space all of a sudden having pick 7 to sit alongside their pick 1 at this years draft plus the added bonus of a 2nd and 3rd future that they must trade into a reasonable mature player for this year. Shekels would almost be irrelevant over the two years to get a fat draft bonus.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
If we did the Pick 7 + Bowes trade I think it would be only for one reason.

Because we need the pick for the Taranto + Hopper deal.

BTW, I have heard that Bowes is owed $1.6 million for the next two years. That is why pick 7 is included.
The speculated $ 600 k a year is a fairly fat call, $ 800 k a year coz he's been back loaded to buggery is hovering somewhere between incompetent n insane.

Reactions: 2 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Pick 7 is a decent carrot to dangle.
Bold move to take on Bowes contract but could very well pay off.

GC would still want a late 1st rounder back I would have thought.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If we did the Pick 7 + Bowes trade I think it would be only for one reason.

Because we need the pick for the Taranto + Hopper deal.

Media are now running with the story. Bowes + pick 7.
How would Bowes be feeling now?
Ouch!

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Pick 7 is a decent carrot to dangle.
Bold move to take on Bowes contract but could very well pay off.

GC would still want a late 1st rounder back I would have thought.
Could also blow up your salary cap and in 2 years time you lose players like Bolton , Baker , Sonsie etc

This deal is only good for us if we get rid of 2-3 players that cover this salary that we no longer have a need for

and even tat is questionable

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Could also blow up your salary cap and in 2 years time you lose players like Bolton , Baker , Sonsie etc

This deal is only good for us if we get rid of 2-3 players that cover this salary that we no longer have a need for

and even tat is questionable

I should have added that we should have zero interest in doing this btw

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Media are now running with the story. Bowes + pick 7.
How would Bowes be feeling now?
Ouch!
Broken. I think the only players in a similar position was Kennedy for Judd and the Steak knives in the Beams trade Crisp.
But both didnt come with a 1.3 mil electricity bill to pay.
Bowes wil be ok but only a gutter club would take that deal

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
So Collingwood would be paying in excess of $500,000 for 2 players to be playing at other clubs next year.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
So Collingwood would be paying in excess of $500,000 for 2 players to be playing at other clubs next year.
Easily, and they've got plenty of room in their magic cap to bring in another million$ worth of trade ins as well.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Part of me would laugh if the RFC did it and took Jack.

Imagine the tears from all and sundry after the Tigers take Jack on board and turn him (the highly rated junior) into a gun and then draft another young gun with pick 7 along with grabbing Timmy and Hopper.

The Lolz would be delicious.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If a first year draftee is 100k...

So Bowes is 1.6m for 2 yrs. Could we convince him to take 2m over 4yrs?
That's 400k per year, over and above a draftee at 100k.
(Or we backend Tt and Hops by 290k each)

RCD and Dow would be about 200k each?
Castagana 300k?
There is 400k savings compared to draftees.

Hw often do we get a chance for a top pick?

Reactions: 3 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Does that make Bowes like a sort of Veale Deal.

Kids been on good coin for not much stress for a few years now so its no wonder he hasnt stepped it right up, hasnt really had to.

Now the crunch has hit.
Last season Freo got Brodie AND pick 19 for pick 24 (with a bit of pick shuffling on later picks)

Edit: Brodie, 19, 61 and 69 for a future 2nd and future 4th.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Last season Freo got Brodie AND pick 19 for pick 24 (with a bit of pick shuffling on later picks)

Edit: Brodie, 19, 61 and 69 for a future 2nd and future 4th.
Picks 61 , 69 and future 4ths are nothing picks and simply an attempt last year designed to coverup the dump

It was effectively a swap of 2nd rounders to dump $450k

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Collingwood forum I read warns supporters to expect a 3rd rounder for Grundy as long as the other team takes on his whole contract.
If we are paying 100% of Hoppers $ next yr GWS surely can't be overly demanding at the trade table. After all they have to trade or be over the cap. this is a good bargaining chip for us in that deal.