General Trade Discussion 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

General Trade Discussion 2022

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Yeah if you are trading 2nd round picks (albeit with other picks coming back) for players like Long and Berry, then surely we'd have a chance with RCD and George?? It seems GC value their picks at very very little.
We’re Richmond we’re expected to overpay 2 firsts and sometimes add a player to get a trade through
When it comes to one of our players being traded out we’re lucky to get a third rounder

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Cats fans really are a special breed. Going on about Henry, Bruhn and Bowes (deal done). Who basically couldn't get a game for their respective clubs.

Tigers once Hopper is official, we would've smashed this trade period (A+) bringing in two-star mids in Taranto and Hopper.

If 17 clubs had to pick either group of players which one would they gravitate to, Taranto/Hopper or Bruhn/Henry/Bowes it isn't a trick question well maybe for deluded cats fans who are drinking to much of their own bath water.

Seriously, do any of those 3 play in 2023? how much better will they make them moving forward, all speculation.

Taranto and Hopper fix up a need, our midfield will now rank as one of the best in the league and put us into the premiership mix in 2023 and beyond.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The media stuff just makes you laugh no matter who they’re talking about. I heard someone say the Hawks will give the Pies Mitchell, a pick and pay some of Mitchell’s salary and get a future second round back. Who would do that deal?

Feb 25, 2007
Geelong will be asked to give up a future second-round pick to complete the salary-dump deal that will them get pick seven this year and Jack Bowes from the Gold Coast as long as they take on his heavy contract.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Cats fans really are a special breed. Going on about Henry, Bruhn and Bowes (deal done). Who basically couldn't get a game for their respective clubs.

Tigers once Hopper is official, we would've smashed this trade period (A+) bringing in two-star mids in Taranto and Hopper.

If 17 clubs had to pick either group of players which one would they gravitate to, Taranto/Hopper or Bruhn/Henry/Bowes it isn't a trick question well maybe for deluded cats fans who are drinking to much of their own bath water.

Seriously, do any of those 3 play in 2023? how much better will they make them moving forward, all speculation.

Taranto and Hopper fix up a need, our midfield will now rank as one of the best in the league and put us into the premiership mix in 2023 and beyond.
Yes, but you know full well Hirsute that the anti Richmond/love Geelong media will pronounce that Geelong killed it in this trade period and that Richmond sold the future - even if the club clearly thinks the future is now.

Pick 7 is handy for Geelong I’ll admit, but Bruhn is just average for mine, Henry unclear and Bowes just average as well. But they’ll be pronounced to have killed it regardless and there will be little to no mention of the picks they too have given up. They’ll just talk about what Richmond has given up.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yes, but you know full well Hirsute that the anti Richmond/love Geelong media will pronounce that Geelong killed it in this trade period and that Richmond sold the future - even if the club clearly thinks the future is now.

Pick 7 is handy for Geelong I’ll admit, but Bruhn is just average for mine, Henry unclear and Bowes just average as well. But they’ll be pronounced to have killed it regardless and there will be little to no mention of the picks they too have given up. They’ll just talk about what Richmond has given up.
Spot on Red Sox well summised.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Essington showing interest in Will Setterfield.

Looks like the Drugs are taking over from the Blues as the home for unwanted Giants.

The RFC is the home for Wanted Giants :))

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007

The media have no idea, we had 5 top 30 picks last year plus Brauer in the mid-season draft = 6 kids.

For Taranto, Pick 12 and the pick from North (19) for CCJ is not selling the farm. We didn't even need a top 10 pick to seal the deal.
Hopper, we await on that deal.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
After missing out on Bowes/7 - which was their priority according to Dildo - they gotta do something !

Do something Dildo !
He could get the daily double in Robinson and Mathieson. If he did that he would win trade week hands down.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
How are the Pussies going to get their deals over the line?

Both the pies and GWS will want Geelongs future 1st for Henry and Bruhn.
If Gold Coast give them 7 I expect Geelong to have to give them back 18, so how do they get Henry and Bruhn done and still hold onto 7.
Are Geelong allowed to trade there 1st round pick this year?
The rules are you can't trade away 3 1st rounders in row.
They used 2 on Jizza

• Angry