Gill’s legacy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gill’s legacy

Eddie was saying on last nights footy classified, that Gill would be foolish to leave the no1 sports admin job in the country, when he is only 48 and that he might be staying on.
Also promoting the idea that Brendon should replace B Scott as head of football.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Also promoting the idea that Brendon should replace B Scott as head of football.
Lol, that’s like getting a participation medal. Why would Gale go for a lesser role than he currently has.

Gale way too overqualified for that position. .

Reactions: 2 users
I think it was a mistake re-signing Adelaide for 3 years. There have no reference point to really know how successful the weekend really was.
Typical AFL. Major decisions made with relatively little information or analysis.

Off the record quote by anonymous club CEO on Brendan Gale’s AFL CEO situation.

“Since 2014 he has won three premierships, got 100,000 members, put $20 million in the bank and set up external businesses for the Richmond Football Club yet he didn’t make the top two.

“And don’t forget he’s a lawyer, played 250 games and was president of the Players’ Association. I mean how is Kylie Watson-Wheeler ahead of Brendon Gale?”

Reactions: 19 users

“Since 2014 he has won three premierships, got 100,000 members, put $20 million in the bank and set up external businesses for the Richmond Football Club yet he didn’t make the top two.

“And don’t forget he’s a lawyer, played 250 games and was president of the Players’ Association. I mean how is Kylie Watson-Wheeler ahead of Brendon Gale?”
Indeed.

I’ve said this before but why aren’t the so-called AFL journos reporting on the very apparent rift between the Richmond Football Club and AFL HQ? All we get are throw-away lines buried five paragraphs deep about a “war” between club and HQ.

Reactions: 2 users

Anyone But Benny at AFLHQ I suppose.

Watson-Wheeler might be chosen to hose down the rumblings from Club land about a replacement from the AFL boys club sausage factory

The Richmond Tax is off field too.

Reactions: 4 users
Eddie was saying on last nights footy classified, that Gill would be foolish to leave the no1 sports admin job in the country, when he is only 48 and that he might be staying on.
Not saying that these things will come to pass. Just that Eddie was talking both up..

This is an incredible statement of facts. Not appointing Benny might be Gil legacy.

Reactions: 1 users
Benny was clearly the best candidate and should have gotten the job. I reckon Benny should have taken over with Tom Harley as his number 2IC with an eye to taking over when Benny has straighten out the AFL boys club.

Gills legacy in Tassie is 3 fold

firstly, he has overseen the demise of footy in this once mad footy state.

second, he has successfully divided the footy supporting public down the middle over a stupid stadium. I mean, both the state footy supporters and non supporters were all behind the state getting a team, finally it looked a reality and then through shear arrogance and tin ear, he has divided the place, caused divisions that had taken years to heal and jeopardised ongoing support for a team.

thirdly, ignored one of the states best contemporary footy minds, someone who can unite everyone and deliver results for the top job.

I mean, what the.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Benny was clearly the best candidate and should have gotten the job. I reckon Benny should have taken over with Tom Harley as his number 2IC with an eye to taking over when Benny has straighten out the AFL boys club.
If Benny got the CEO job then we'd see the Pussies....

1682059265788.png

He's not in the boys club. And they're concerned he'll upset their apple cart. Its the only plausible explanation AFAIC.

Objectively, you couldn't possibly have a better CV.

Reactions: 4 users

Gale shouldve told them to GAGF ages ago

Reactions: 1 users
Benny doesn't deal with corruption might be the reason.

View attachment 18993
'didn't support his presentation'. What a joke.

Why?

Maybe it was because the fact he was a bigger and better footy player than him dented GMs ego?

Maybe because he's shown himself to be very effective at ambitious reform, off field and off, the boys club are scared they can't control him?

Does GMs wife still own a quarter of spotless catering who has the footy contract? Maybe he's concerned Benny's transparency and integrity modus operandi will mean its put out to open tender in line with good governance? Perish the thought!

Maybe the Auld Brothers might be concerned that he might change employment and procurement policies, with crazy ideas like advertising positions, that might not let them get their third brother and a few cousins on the payroll?

The whole thing stinks, and reinforces the views of anyone who thinks the AFL is dodgy and needs review and reform.

Reactions: 10 users
'didn't support his presentation'. What a joke.

Why?

Maybe it was because the fact he was a bigger and better footy player than him dented GMs ego?
Maybe it was because the fact he was is a bigger and better and more honest person than him dented the GM’s ego?

Gill's legacy?

Something smells...

poop.jpeg

Jumping before this?

titanic.jpg

They keep postponing this as they know they will have to answer why Gale was not chosen. His record speaks for itself. People laughed (with good reason) when he said he wanted to get Richmond to 75,000 members, out of debt and 3 flags by 2020. He over-achieved - 3 flags, money in the bank and 100,000 members.

The only reason they don't want Gale is because he isn't a member of the private school boys' club which runs the AFL, and they don't want the power and the gravy train to end. The turds run the show at the expense of the supporters and we will eventually walk away if the farce continues.

They run the most popular sport in the country, yet the AFL is one of the most disrespected organisations in the country by the stakeholders: the members who own the clubs and the supporters who prop up their salaries. You have to be pretty bad when you run a very popular sport, yet everyone hates you.

DS

Reactions: 3 users