Gill’s legacy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gill’s legacy

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
No question. Benny should be league CEO and Peggy on the commission. It'd be great for the game. But not good for the boys' club cartel, hence it won't happen.
Reported in WA daily Simon Garlick Dockers Chief Executive well in the running to get the General Manager job with Andrew Dillon taking over from Gil The Dill

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
How apt that REACH AROUND could be Gills last legacy to add to the rest of the clusters je's presided over.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Given her experience with The Walt Disney company, would seem a perfect fit to oversee the fantasyland the AFL is becoming.

I'd rather her than Dillon but it seems ridiculous that Gale isn't in the running now. He's had relevant experience and an outstanding record with that experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Anyone got the market of next AFL CEO?

Andrew Dillion would be odds on wouldn't he?

Prob still favourite.

But you'd reckon if it was him, he would have been rubber stamped by now. Definitely exploring other options.

Still fav but bookies winding odds out ILO.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Can see why Gil hasn't pulled the pin yet.

I reckon Gather Round is one of the best things to happen to footy for a while. Every single game sold out, clubs getting a nice kick, TV getting a boost and great for the SA economy.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Can see why Gil hasn't pulled the pin yet.

I reckon Gather Round is one of the best things to happen to footy for a while. Every single game sold out, clubs getting a nice kick, TV getting a boost and great for the SA economy.
what has one got to do with the other?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
If I was bringing something like this into the game and into my home state, I'd want to stick around for it as well.
So he should stay for the next new initiative, and the one after that etc?

You might want to stick around, and obviously he did, but that doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

In my experience a Boss not being able to let go of the reins because they and/or the organisation think things will fall apart if they leave is a signifier of a dysfuntional organisation.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Before getting the AFL's CEO gig McLachlan had been the AFL's Chief Operating Officer - appointed in 2008, which is the same year as his baby brother Hamish got a job with channel 7.........................
Having to put up with with Hamish long after Gilligan has gone will be quite a legacy.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
So he should stay for the next new initiative, and the one after that etc?

You might want to stick around, and obviously he did, but that doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

In my experience a Boss not being able to let go of the reins because they and/or the organisation think things will fall apart if they leave is a signifier of a dysfuntional organisation.

I don't think it's unreasonable to finish things he started.

The other thing is as much as fans hate City Hall, I doubt there would be many people who work in the industry that wouldn't rate the job he has done very highly and be more than happy to see him stay on as long as possible.

• Wow

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

The other thing is as much as fans hate City Hall, I doubt there would be many people who work in the industry that wouldn't rate the job he has done very highly and be more than happy to see him stay on as long as possible.
So he's finishing off the Reacheround. Then he's got to finish off the Tassie deal. After that he's still got to somehow finish the Hawforn / Indigenous mediation that he's having trouble even getting started. Yet he announced six months or more ago that he was packing up n finally *smile* off.
Prick's on a longer farewell tour than Whispering n Dame Nelly combined. Has he finalised the next tv rights deal or player bargaining agreement yet??? So much unfinished *smile* on his plate he'll be haunting us forever.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

That because everyone who works in the industry plays at the same polo club.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think it was a mistake re-signing Adelaide for 3 years. There have no reference point to really know how successful the weekend really was.

Reactions: 2 users