Gill’s legacy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gill’s legacy

Can see why Gil hasn't pulled the pin yet.

I reckon Gather Round is one of the best things to happen to footy for a while. Every single game sold out, clubs getting a nice kick, TV getting a boost and great for the SA economy.

Have not heard any negatives from Gather Round from those that were there and from afar it looked like a feel good success story, (Richmond losing aside).
Supporters get an extra game, all of AFL, Clubs, players benefit financially.

Happy for SA to have it for the medium term, they have done it well.

Can't really see it working in the Northern States despite the game needing to be promoted better there, I don't think this is the vehicle.

Reactions: 1 user
Have not heard any negatives from Gather Round from those that were there and from afar it looked like a feel good success story, (Richmond losing aside).
Supporters get an extra game, all of AFL, Clubs, players benefit financially.

Happy for SA to have it for the medium term, they have done it well.

Can't really see it working in the Northern States despite the game needing to be promoted better there, I don't think this is the vehicle.
I reckon leave it to SA, WA, Qld and Tassie. We can call the 2020 all teams hub as an example for Qld.

Caro on FC: "Gillon did not support Brendan Gale's presentation".....to become CEO.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
When the SA Government stumped up $14 million to the AFL the round was always going to be hailed as successful by the corrupted AFL, no matter any other narrative being played out.

Reactions: 2 users
Can see why Gil hasn't pulled the pin yet.

I reckon Gather Round is one of the best things to happen to footy for a while. Every single game sold out, clubs getting a nice kick, TV getting a boost and great for the SA economy.
Saturday Sunday games at Queen Adelaide oval were sold out due to double headers. Back slapping exercise & bonanza for sponsors ,airlines ,fuel companies ,hotels etc etc. No one made a quid for it in Vic NSW WA Tas Old. The finale the big surprise .Crow eaters have it for next three years .Well they did not make that ground at Mt Barker from a bare paddock for a one off.

Hope Gill has a deaf ear as Gerard Healy is calling for players who are only suspended for three weeks or less should be still eligible to win the Brownie.Gerard definitely one of the " smile " brigade must have come up with that after a glass or two at one of Baroosa Valley wineries over The Gather Around weekend.

Hope Gill has a deaf ear as Gerard Healy is calling for players who are only suspended for three weeks or less should be still eligible to win the Brownie.Gerard definitely one of the " smile " brigade must have come up with that after a glass or two at one of Baroosa Valley wineries over The Gather Around weekend.
Why 3 weeks? Who not 4, or 1, or 2 or whatever?

Why on earth should Mclachlan have a say!
He's hardly gonna recommend a bloke to replace him directly that will make him look like the rank Muppet he is and the mess he's made of the worlds greatest indiginous sport.

Reactions: 4 users
Why 3 weeks? Who not 4, or 1, or 2 or whatever?
Ask Gerrard .You will find him at the Melbourne Club. He will be sitting by the fireside in a rocking chair uttering into his latte " how did those pizzants at Punt Road win three when we have just won one .