Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
China already knows about renewable energy and is building heaps of renewable technology for export. We used to be a world leader in this, we've probably missed the boat now. They are also investing bigly in renewables in overseas markets as well as donestically.

How are all those 120 odd new coal power plants going?? Haha.

So u honestly believe their renewable credits on a balance sheet out way the damage & unregulated harm as they also put big debits of harm on that balance sheet till 2030. FFS. Get off Aust back and look elsewhere.

Actually heard last night what we produce in a year in emmissions, Good ol' China does in 16 days! And it will get worse

Dont get more, im all for change but not by hypocrisy of allowing countries get away with such bs

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ok, I get it, so the logic is that, since China are not doing enough on climate change then we should do nothing?

Ok, fine, by that logic I think I might take a nice trip to Western Sydney then come back to Melbourne and not worry about COVID. Some people aren't following the rules, why should I? Seem reasonable?

Sounds like a pathetic excuse for inaction on an issue we all know is a responsibility we all share. We need to act and we need to pressure China and everyone else to act. Plus, we need to stop contributing to the problem by exporting fossil fuels.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Ok, I get it, so the logic is that, since China are not doing enough on climate change then we should do nothing?

Ok, fine, by that logic I think I might take a nice trip to Western Sydney then come back to Melbourne and not worry about COVID. Some people aren't following the rules, why should I? Seem reasonable?

Sounds like a pathetic excuse for inaction on an issue we all know is a responsibility we all share. We need to act and we need to pressure China and everyone else to act. Plus, we need to stop contributing to the problem by exporting fossil fuels.

DS
What utter crap on poor assumptions on unfounded claims. U can do better. Aust is meeting its agreed targets contray to what u r peddling

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What utter crap on poor assumptions on unfounded claims. U can do better. Aust is meeting its agreed targets contray to what u r peddling

But Al, my agreed target, a bit like Australia's target on climate change, is to avoid spreading COVID unless it stops me from taking my trip to Sydney and come back to Melbourne. I know it isn't a very good target but, hey, I feel that I can meet it without too many people getting infected.

To dodge one's responsibilities for one's own actions on the basis that others are not taking responsibility is simply a cop out - climate change, COVID - avoiding responsibility is avoiding responsibility.

DS

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
We under promise and under deliver?

Bit like the vaccination rollout really.

DS
So *smile* what. Seriously. Your so of on the wrong tangent. Big time. Your not getting it. Enjoy your trip too.

Australia signed an agreement and is meeting its targets.
Country is making sustainable changes and integrating change it can do as its aim to even beat its 2030 target.

Your expectations are not what is being put on the slate for the Aust Govt to achieve. "we under promise and under deliver??" or other similar bs statements by many.

What you want is irrelevant, or me or anyone else for that matter. And to put one thing into perspective, I honestly dont mind reading on your views on renewables. Thats your perspective (agree or disagree), but not to constantly falsely claim state the country isnt achieving (it assigned) tagerts based on your views or assumptions. If they fail a target, I will join the chorus to get them a whack too. FYI & u already know on some part I have done solar, s/battery and also ran my cars on LPG since 1985. Love the change for cleaner and better fuels. Had also read on electric magnetic research supplying houses free energy. Bloke in UK was working on it but there were fears of vaccums it created or it was unstable.

When China hasnt got any targets till 2030 that annoys the F of me. Then add Brasil destroying the Amazon (forgotten issue). The overfishing by china. These are major factors to climate.

Yeah vax roll out ahh. AZ is suddendly OK!!!!! Isnt it great?!!
Results of fully vax figs are being celebrated but lets not forget it does take 3 mths to see results for AZ (so May & before that taking affect now with the 2nd dose). Many who stuck the knife in of full vax figs knew too it takes 3 mths to see impact of AZ. Now May & before taking affect. Hopefully end of Nov the country is well placed and we can all move on on this polarising issue

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah I get it, you expect China to act on climate change but we don't have to.

Nah, everyone needs to act.

We all know this.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We need to act.

If China don't we need to apply trade sanctions on them.
The Paris Agreement is under the auspices of the United Nations. They gave China and India leeway, they're the ones that need to claw it back. The rest of the world will support that, no problems.

China has begun building a space station. "Developing nation" my arse.

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Yeah I get it, you expect China to act on climate change but we don't have to.

Nah, everyone needs to act.

We all know this.

DS
Woah.
Sorry DS that is wrong to state that of me. Never said that.

Hey on 1 point, I agree with u 100% DS that we all in this world need to act. But no country should be exempt imo. Eg like China.

Man, I never once said Aust doesnt need to act. Far from it. i cant be clearer

They(Aust) are acting and meeting their agreed targets. Next level of reduction measure is set for 2030.

On another point.
I understand you expect more from Aust thats fine. I hope they do achieve more & beyond the target set for them at 2030. Time will tell.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Australia's targets are pathetic and a con job, everyone knows that. Australia uses 2005 as a base year because we started to reduce our land clearing after then - so we are getting credit for no longer doing a ridiculous amunt of land clearing. Electricity generation is slowly moving but introducing policies like being able to charge households for exporting solar power to the grid is indicative of the attitude of the current government. Transport is a disaster in this country, emissions are rising when they should be falling.

Yep, China needs to do their bit, but we have to stop hiding behind the rubbish targets we managed to negotiate. Everyone knows they are rubbish.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Australia's targets are pathetic and a con job, everyone knows that. Australia uses 2005 as a base year because we started to reduce our land clearing after then - so we are getting credit for no longer doing a ridiculous amunt of land clearing. Electricity generation is slowly moving but introducing policies like being able to charge households for exporting solar power to the grid is indicative of the attitude of the current government. Transport is a disaster in this country, emissions are rising when they should be falling.

Yep, China needs to do their bit, but we have to stop hiding behind the rubbish targets we managed to negotiate. Everyone knows they are rubbish.

DS
& in that you finally indirectly note Aust is meeting its targets. (even if u note those targets are BS in yr view or others views). Thats fine.

Those targets were though agreed on & what Aust is acting on. It got that agreement just like other countries did that many (me on that boat) didnt like (Eg for China, or other big polluters). I blv we will improve and achieve more than the next 2030 target.

Interesting to see the research data coming from that Tasmania facility that monitors air quality. How things are going the last 18 mths with CV19 restricting a lot of movement (international travel & lockdowns)

Yeah heard charging people on exporting solar. Thats poor. Couldnt blv it. They mentiioned by 2025 a guy from the enegy sector I believe from S.A. could look at charging people to feed in during peak times of sunlight as he was stated they are already maxed out in capacity from feeding in. Couldnt use the excess energy coming in. Intersting, I didnt know.

He mentioned there were heaps of solar farms & people taking up solar panels. He was hoping people begin to learn shift their energy needs into those part of the day were they are maxed out. He didnt go into to too much details how though. One suggestion mentionedby programming dryers, dishwasher to work during the sunniest part of the days.

Transport: yeah we need to start improving on cleaner fuels or pushing more research on improving equipment to covert. Eg better hybrid, electric and even LPG. Not everyone can just go buy a new hybrid or electric car or afford charging stations.

Actually - A new big apartment complex I am aware of in Essendon. Saw the plans last year. The builder is installing electric car charging stations in the underneath owners car park for people to be able to charge their cars. Thought that was awesome. Very attractive. Should be more of it to encourage change

Anyway leave u with those final thoughts

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
In the spirit of the urgers here I think Richmond should pay Josh Caddy more than his contract entitles him to, just because.

China practically has the UN in its pocket anyway.

China, the WHO and the power grab that fuelled a pandemic (paywalled)

Our investigation reveals today how a concerted campaign over many years by Beijing to grab power in the WHO appears to have fatally compromised its ability to respond to the crisis. It raises serious concerns about the extent of Beijing’s influence over the WHO and its director-general, and how this undermined the organisation’s capacity – and willingness – to take the steps necessary to avert a global pandemic. Its leadership put China’s economic interests before public health concerns. The results have been nothing short of catastrophic.

Some wonder how anyone could support Trump. He's the only one with the balls to tell the UN to stick it.

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Some wonder how anyone could support Trump. He's the only one with the balls to tell the UN to stick it.
Ah, now I understand, you werent/arent a Trump fan because you fell for all his lies and deception. you were/are a Trump fan because of his ethical battle against the WHO for the good of mankind?