Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
As an aside, one thing these floods should show us is nowhere in Australia should ever have an issue with water supply.

In a big irony, Lismore has no water. Cant hose mud. No water.

A few stories you wont hear on news;

A mate of mine jumped a 2m chasm on a quad to get out for food.

Evac centres are Grim (note capitalised) - the remainers with nothing left and no support are scratching for meth, dogs are fighting, urban campfires burning.

Old lady in a ceiling fighting for the last foot of air below the roof tin with pythons, rats, possums, spiders and cockroaches

A pig farm up a landslid cut off valley has 2000 starving pigs squeeling for a feed. Pigs squeel loud

A neighbours brother had an aneurism mid flood, in a horror coincidence, neighbour had to hitch a boat to the ICU through 15m deep raging river

Im lucky like usual - ive got power, booze and my own clean bed. Havnt needed to draw any help, but im spending sunup to sundown often up to my balls in a unique swamp silt, rebuilding fences that have been buried by landslides and washed away. One of my landslides is as big as the MCG.

Me and mrs EZ will get the farm cow proof then help people.

Its a proper disaster.

How goods coal? Dont be afraid

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In a big irony, Lismore has no water. Cant hose mud. No water.

A few stories you wont hear on news;

A mate of mine jumped a 2m chasm on a quad to get out for food.

Evac centres are Grim (note capitalised) - the remainers with nothing left and no support are scratching for meth, dogs are fighting, urban campfires burning.

Old lady in a ceiling fighting for the last foot of air below the roof tin with pythons, rats, possums, spiders and cockroaches

A pig farm up a landslid cut off valley has 2000 starving pigs squeeling for a feed. Pigs squeel loud

A neighbours brother had an aneurism mid flood, in a horror coincidence, neighbour had to hitch a boat to the ICU through 15m deep raging river

Im lucky like usual - ive got power, booze and my own clean bed. Havnt needed to draw any help, but im spending sunup to sundown often up to my balls in a unique swamp silt, rebuilding fences that have been buried by landslides and washed away. One of my landslides is as big as the MCG.

Me and mrs EZ will get the farm cow proof then help people.

Its a proper disaster.

How goods coal? Dont be afraid

I've never been flooded in the country, but I was flooded many years ago in StKilda. One of the things which is hard to convey is just how muddy the water that rises is. Everything under the water line is simply wrecked. Such a mess to clean up and so many things to replace.

It really is awful.

But I do have 1 question - is any of this water headed for the Murray-Darling? It could do with a good flushing out but I looked at a map or two and couldn't work out if the water will get there or not.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The
I've never been flooded in the country, but I was flooded many years ago in StKilda. One of the things which is hard to convey is just how muddy the water that rises is. Everything under the water line is simply wrecked. Such a mess to clean up and so many things to replace.

It really is awful.

But I do have 1 question - is any of this water headed for the Murray-Darling? It could do with a good flushing out but I looked at a map or two and couldn't work out if the water will get there or not.

DS
This east coast rain doesnt ds3,

The great dividing range sheds it to the sea, or into the darling system.

However, west nsw and The darling flooded a month or so ago. Menindi lakes etc choccas

If ever you want a great easy trip, drive The Darling Way from vic border (wentworth) to qld border (cant recall the town) - takes you through Wilcania, Bourke, etc. mostly sealed roads

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
At what point will people leave these flood prone areas? I sure ewouldn't be anywhere near it if my house was flooded a few years apart. Climate refugees in our own land.

Lots of people in lismore restumped after the 17 flood, they went 2m up,

Then the 22 flood raised them a metre.

Some wont rebuild. Most uninsured, which will force them to live in the damaged and prone house.

I know a creative couple who had all their heavy furniture on pulleys attached to a ceiling beam inc their bed.

They hauled it all up, but it wasnt enough.

I guess people adapt and survive.

Most will understand its better than being dead. The horrible reality i fear is too many will beleive the opposite.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Lots of people in lismore restumped after the 17 flood, they went 2m up,

Then the 22 flood raised them a metre.

Some wont rebuild. Most uninsured, which will force them to live in the damaged and prone house.

I know a creative couple who had all their heavy furniture on pulleys attached to a ceiling beam inc their bed.

They hauled it all up, but it wasnt enough.

I guess people adapt and survive.

Most will understand its better than being dead. The horrible reality i fear is too many will beleive the opposite.
Heard a bloke on the radio during week, he elevated his house 3 1/2 metres and still got flooded out, heartbreaking.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The

This east coast rain doesnt ds3,

The great dividing range sheds it to the sea, or into the darling system.

However, west nsw and The darling flooded a month or so ago. Menindi lakes etc choccas

If ever you want a great easy trip, drive The Darling Way from vic border (wentworth) to qld border (cant recall the town) - takes you through Wilcania, Bourke, etc. mostly sealed roads

Thanks Ezy, suppose I am looking for a silver lining out of all this, makes sense that the Great Dividing Range is, as usual, the deciding factor. I do hope some of the water goes down the Murray Darling.

Terrible stories about those flooded, everything is just wrecked in a flood. Takes ages to clean up and then you have to try and replace things.

I agree with the Guardian article, climate change is a major factor in the frequency and severity of floods and bushfires. We are well beyond the point where we need to change to prevent the impact of climate change, the impact is already happening yet the LNP just claim this is a natural occurrence, which is total bollocks.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
If I hear 'It's an unprecedented disaster' by one more politician I might scream.
These disasters are entirely foreseeable if we continue on this path & they will continue to increase in scale & frequency.
Nobody will be there to help you when you're on the receiving end of wind, fire or flood & lose everything.
We need Governments that have strong climate policies yesterday. There's only one way to stop it happening.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
If I hear 'It's an unprecedented disaster' by one more politician I might scream.
These disasters are entirely foreseeable if we continue on this path & they will continue to increase in scale & frequency.
Nobody will be there to help you when you're on the receiving end of wind, fire or flood & lose everything.
We need Governments that have strong climate policies yesterday. There's only one way to stop it happening.
The gov have got $5 billion odd in a disaster fund. Unfortunately, a disaster to the Libs is losing votes in marginal electorates so that money is earmarked for car parks that no-one wants, or new local swimming pools in wealthy suburbs, or new change rooms at the local members' shooting club.....

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
. There's only one way to stop it happening.

I think its too late to stop oldy, but maybe still time to prevent enviroarmeggedon, with a massive shift from fossil fuel.

We still dont get it - lnp and agl clinging on for profit and power, and both are gone.

*smile* dinosaurs - i hope one day theres an international court forcrimes against the planet. A kangaroo court will do.

The gov have got $5 billion odd in a disaster fund. Unfortunately, a disaster to the Libs is losing votes in marginal electorates so that money is earmarked for car parks that no-one wants, or new local swimming pools in wealthy suburbs, or new change rooms at the local members' shooting club.....

HTF are they getting away with this?

Crowd funding, while theres $5000,000,000 OF OUR MONEY,

Sitting in their mates fossil super funds?

The corruption and incompetance is boundless

NNSW floods perspective; i went to Bangalow yesterday bought cold beer ($65 for a slab of VB, but thats just bangalow - the biggest vacuous *smile* shithole on the eastern seaboard), fuel with no line up, food. I couldhave bought a persian rug or an indigenous artwork for 20 grand if i wanted. Women in versace driving tesla coupes.

Its astonishing - this is a town 30km from Lismore. One is in white linen shopping homewares and browsing $5m realestate and the other is up to its genitals in stinking diseased mud and rotting carcasses.

Its very symbolic of modern australia - other than going to a black fella mission, ive never seen the rich/poor line converge so starkly.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I think its too late to stop oldy, but maybe still time to prevent enviroarmeggedon, with a massive shift from fossil fuel.

We still dont get it - lnp and agl clinging on for profit and power, and both are gone.

*smile* dinosaurs - i hope one day theres an international court forcrimes against the planet. A kangaroo court will do.

HTF are they getting away with this?

Crowd funding, while theres $5000,000,000 OF OUR MONEY,

Sitting in their mates fossil super funds?

The corruption and incompetance is boundless

NNSW floods perspective; i went to Bangalow yesterday bought cold beer ($65 for a slab of VB, but thats just bangalow - the biggest vacuous *smile* shithole on the eastern seaboard), fuel with no line up, food. I couldhave bought a persian rug or an indigenous artwork for 20 grand if i wanted. Women in versace driving tesla coupes.

Its astonishing - this is a town 30km from Lismore. One is in white linen shopping homewares and browsing $5m realestate and the other is up to its genitals in stinking diseased mud and rotting carcasses.

Its very symbolic of modern australia - other than going to a black fella mission, ive never seen the rich/poor line converge so starkly.

Was over in Lismore eZyT helping a mate of mate who lost about $200,000 in stock (no insurance), pretty much finished (cleaned up) on Friday, but while cleaning up was thinking, all the people using pressuse cleaners on the stinking diseased mud is going to be the next problem for the poor people over in Lismore.
You talk about the people of Bangalow and you are spot on, but my faith in humanity was restored about 2PM Friday when a young bloke with a tipper and bobcat asked the owner whether he would like him to start cleaning up the pile of rubbish outside his shop, the owner asked him how much do you want?? He just answered “don’t worry about it".

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
After nearly 3 weeks of monsoon-like rain along the north eastern states it's beyond doubt we are experiencing the impacts of climate change right now.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
After nearly 3 weeks of monsoon-like rain along the north eastern states it's beyond doubt we are experiencing the impacts of climate change right now.

The present bloke is not up to it BT, but we all know that. Covid my arse you pussy.