Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Geez Frank Nobilo is boring. Sits on the fence about everything and almost wilfully avoids upsetting anyone with anything. Constantly stating the obvious. Zero personality.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Apparently the PGA Tour gave them “special releases” after they asked for them.

I'd love to know their rationale, on face value it is huge hypocrisy.

You've got two groups of guys playing on other tours in events funded by the Saudis. One lot are sent to purgatory and the other are welcome to tee up next week back in the PGA.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

You've got two groups of guys playing on other tours in events funded by the Saudis. One lot are sent to purgatory and the other are welcome to tee up next week back in the PGA.
Herbie has played in Dubai and UAE for a few years now, and won the Dubai Dessert classic a couple of years ago. Would be unfair to prevent him from doing so this year. They can't afford for him to get shirty and walk to LIV because he's a huge talent.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Herbie has played in Dubai and UAE for a few years now, and won the Dubai Dessert classic a couple of years ago. Would be unfair to prevent him from doing so this year. They can't afford for him to get shirty and walk to LIV because he's a huge talent.

This isn't the Dubai events on the DP Tour though, this is the Saudi Open on the Asian Tour.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
This isn't the Dubai events on the DP Tour though, this is the Saudi Open on the Asian Tour.
Yes, he played in both the Dubai desert classic, DP tour and Saudi Open, Asian Tour last year as well. Would be poor form from the PGA to prevent him from playing in events that he may have committed to before LIV.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yes, he played in both the Dubai desert classic, DP tour and Saudi Open, Asian Tour last year as well. Would be poor form from the PGA to prevent him from playing in events that he may have committed to before LIV.

It's not just Herbert though, there's other PGA guys as well like Camerons Young and Champ.

Different with the Dubai events because the PGA and DP tours have a partnership but in this case you have PGA tour guys playing in an event on another tour (Asian) with no PGA tour connection, in a tournament funded by the Saudis.

It's basically exactly the same thing as LIV and yet the LIV guys were instantly banned from the PGA tour but these guys will be welcomed back next week.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It's not just Herbert though, there's other PGA guys as well like Camerons Young and Champ.

Different with the Dubai events because the PGA and DP tours have a partnership but in this case you have PGA tour guys playing in an event on another tour (Asian) with no PGA tour connection, in a tournament funded by the Saudis.

It's basically exactly the same thing as LIV and yet the LIV guys were instantly banned from the PGA tour but these guys will be welcomed back next week.
Perhaps they too had committed to a playing schedule.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Something to do with these blokes cutting their teeth on the Asian Tour and wanting to re pay them and support them I think.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What a pissweak decision by the PGA Tour to suspend play at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am. Geez if you suspended play for that level of wind you’d be suspending half the rounds that the British Open is played in or even week to week amateur club golf. Pathetic.

Only slack I’ll cut them is that it already takes 6 hours per round because the hack, lame celebrities spend more time goofing around than they do playing golf which, when added to the slow play of people like Speith (who was warned for slow play again yesterday), then it truly goes beyond the pale and what anyone can bother televising and watching.

They reckon the ball was moving on one of the greens at the Monterey Peninsula course but the wind died down anyway, but they didn’t go back out.

Soft.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
What a pissweak decision by the PGA Tour to suspend play at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am. Geez if you suspended play for that level of wind you’d be suspending half the rounds that the British Open is played in or even week to week amateur club golf. Pathetic.

Only slack I’ll cut them is that it already takes 6 hours per round because the hack, lame celebrities spend more time goofing around than they do playing golf which, when added to the slow play of people like Speith (who was warned for slow play again yesterday), then it truly goes beyond the pale and what anyone can bother televising and watching.

They reckon the ball was moving on one of the greens at the Monterey Peninsula course but the wind died down anyway, but they didn’t go back out.

Soft.

Always been an unpopular opinion of mine that Bill Murray is a five star flog who completely ruins every golf event he is in.

I used to be a member at Barwon Heads and if you didn't play when the ball was moving on the greens there you'd rarely play.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Always been an unpopular opinion of mine that Bill Murray is a five star flog who completely ruins every golf event he is in.

I used to be a member at Barwon Heads and if you didn't play when the ball was moving on the greens there you'd rarely play.
Bill Murray and others have had their day at the Peb eg Ray Romano, Alice Cooper etc.

Time for some fresh blood and a re jig of the tournament. Different date for a start.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jeez I never realised how far Wolff smashes it. Hope he does well, unusual swing but he’s entertaining. Had some mental health issues but a young guy with huge talent

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
He hits it looooong. Cameron Young goes further though.
I haven’t seen anything other than this final round but I think Wolff has him covered. Outdrove him by 30 yards on a par 4 when they both caught it well. And Wolff almost drove a 380yard par 4 on fly.
Young having a great round. Ancer looks nervous, not striking it well

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I haven’t seen anything other than this final round but I think Wolff has him covered. Outdrove him by 30 yards on a par 4 when they both caught it well. And Wolff almost drove a 380yard par 4 on fly.
Young having a great round. Ancer looks nervous, not striking it well
Hmm. Maybe. I’ll keep an eye on that. But last year Young was 3rd on Tour for distance off the tee and Wolfie Wolff was 6th.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Hmm. Maybe. I’ll keep an eye on that. But last year Young was 3rd on Tour for distance off the tee and Wolfie Wolff was 6th.
Wolff just out drove him by 15 yards again. But they aren’t necessarily going hard every time with driver? They are both crazy long.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Wolff just got him by 15 yards again, both into wind both on fairway. Wolff hit it 330 yards into wind!