Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And Abraham has all the Ancers !

Heh heh heh…that was gold. That’s why they pay me the big bucks on PRE.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Reckon Wolff is longer but his stats are skewed because he hits every third one sideways.

If you were designing the perfect swing I reckon that up and over motion of Wolff and Furyk would near top of the list. Mechanically brilliant position to get the club to in order to shallow it and generate speed from the inside, just bloody hard to do.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Hope Justin Rose can hang on to win pebble beach. I’ve always liked him.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Got a pretty rough year ahead of me with multiple surgeries starting with a total knee replacement first week of March, followed by a scope on my other knee, followed by torn labrum surgery on one of my hips.

As a result, taking myself and the missus off to the States again in late August for some r and r and further rehab. That will include going to Carmel for a couple of nights and visiting Pebble Beach, Monterey and surrounds. Just a special part of the world. Won’t be able to play but I don’t care. I just wanna go there again, walk the course, the beaches etc and have a few beers with Clint at his Mission Ranch in Carmel.

Already booked in. Watching the final round now, I can’t wait. Hopefully I’m ok enough to just hobble around a bit. Maybe even a swim with the otters if I’m lucky.

Might have to see TBR for some physio. “Bend that leg Redford you softoooo ! Crrrrrraaaack !!”

Whaaargh haaargh haaargh….

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
J. Rose wins !

Been swinging it well all season so far. Noticed last week at the Farmers his tempo was fantastic and he wasn’t looking so technical.

Also gone back to a standard grip with the putter instead of the pencil grip.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
J. Rose wins !

Been swinging it well all season so far. Noticed last week at the Farmers his tempo was fantastic and he wasn’t looking so technical.

Also gone back to a standard grip with the putter instead of the pencil grip.
Good on him, it'd be a few years since he last won.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Any tips? I’d like to see Hovland have a win.
Always reckon golf is the hardest sport to bet on. You’ve got 150 blokes that, on their 4 days, can win.

Rahm is from Phoenix so should go well. Sam Burns is 41-1 so maybe a top 10 bet. Cameron Young top 10.

Suspect Cantlay will go ok and any of the wilder drivers as TPC has a bit of room.

Cantlay, Thomas, Young top 10 at $38.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
22 of the top 25 players in the world this week at TPC.

Great place Scottsdale. Highly recommend a few days in the mountains at Pinnacle Peak overlooking the city. Desert Mountain, Mirabel, Estancia and Troon North courses are up there. Bit of golf, then beers in the pool afterwards. Recovery session. Professional outlook.

She’s hot up there baby !

1675978646045.jpeg

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jason Day has quietly been coming back in to very good form.

6 Top 20's in his last 9 starts including 2 Top 10's. Might be his week.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Jason Day has quietly been coming back in to very good form.

6 Top 20's in his last 9 starts including 2 Top 10's. Might be his week.
He has MD. Needs that back to hold up.

Apparently Jordan Spieth hit 3 different spectators with 3 different shots off the tee today.

TPC suits him. He can spray it everywhere off the tee like he usually does, hit a spectator or get a spacey lie in the desert, and then still get a clean shot to the green.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Doesn't mean as much as it once did now that WGR are becoming irrelevant.
Presently only Smith and Niemann from LIV are in the top 25 I believe.

Outside of Ancer, Johnson and Reed, who else from LIV would make the top 25 ? Not many, if any. Maybe Varner. But even all of those, besides Ancer, might be questionable.

The Phoenix is absolutely stacked this week.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Presently only Smith and Niemann from LIV are in the top 25 I believe.

Outside of Ancer, Johnson and Reed, who else from LIV would make the top 25 ? Not many, if any. Maybe Varner. But even all of those, besides Ancer, might be questionable.

The Phoenix is absolutely stacked this week.

I reckon those 5 would definitely be in there at the moment, even that is 20% of the top 25 in the world which makes the way they allocate points fundamentally flawed.

DeChambeau might be in there still if he had stayed, Taylor Gooch and Kokrak were thereabouts as well, and Koepka wasn't far away and has improved form since going to LIV. Then there's plenty of other talented guys on LIV who are young enough and capable enough of getting a run together, Wolff, Leish, Na, Grace and others.

To me the WGR should be above the tour politics and find a way to actually rank the best players in the world on merit. Otherwise it is meaningless, especially when it is a self-perpetuating system where points rely on rankings.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I reckon those 5 would definitely be in there at the moment, even that is 20% of the top 25 in the world which makes the way they allocate points fundamentally flawed.

DeChambeau might be in there still if he had stayed, Taylor Gooch and Kokrak were thereabouts as well, and Koepka wasn't far away and has improved form since going to LIV. Then there's plenty of other talented guys on LIV who are young enough and capable enough of getting a run together, Wolff, Leish, Na, Grace and others.

To me the WGR should be above the tour politics and find a way to actually rank the best players in the world on merit. Otherwise it is meaningless, especially when it is a self-perpetuating system where points rely on rankings.

De Chambeau has been playing bad/injuries for over 18 months. Doubt he’s top 25.

The others - Leishman, Wolff, Na and Grace were all outside of the top 25 before LIV started and havent done anywhere near enough compared to Zalatoris, Homa and others who all moved into the top 25. Grace wasn’t even top 50 so no way he’s done enough to get into the top 25. Ditto Wolff who wasn’t even top 50 either.

Kokrak was fringe at the end of 2021 being ranked 20. Has played terrible since joining LIV so he doesn’t make it either.

Ancer, Johnson, Reed. Maybe Koepka. Maybe Gooch. And that’s about it. That’s 5.

That makes , at worst, possibly 17 out of the top 25 in the world at the Phoenix ….which is a stacked field in anyone’s language.