Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

pumped

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 14, 2014
tigersnake said:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-2015-sudanborn-mabior-chol-puts-family-first-20151107-gkt80g.html

Really sounds like a great kid, not just a talented footballer.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
jb03 said:
You always loved your mature aged plodders. Might be time to take down those Miller and Kingsley posters.

i took them down long ago.
not sure how much longer Magic McGuane posters will stay up tho.

interesting to look at our win/loss % with and without Edwards and Stephenson in our team in 2013. could argue we would not have made the finals without them on our list.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
pumped said:
Really sounds like a great kid, not just a talented footballer.
Great read that Age article. I agree what a great kid, will be interesting to see what he can do with an opportunity. He will be hungry and sounds like he has the kit bag according to Adrian Fletcher. Will be nice to see this kid succeed.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:
i took them down long ago.
not sure how much longer Magic McGuane posters will stay up tho.

interesting to look at our win/loss % with and without Edwards and Stephenson in our team in 2013. could argue we would not have made the finals without them on our list.

You know trolling is against site rules. ;D

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Brodders17 said:

May as well throw McGuane in there too if we're going to try the silly argument approach.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I'm surprised he wasn't given no.1. Can't see how there is any room to fit any other number on his back....not much space there.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Part of the reason we have a massive age gap in our ruck stocks is due to Stephenson, for the 7 games he contributed was it really worth it? Geelong delisted Orren and picked up Blicavs in the rookie draft, that to me is good list management not grabbing a 30 y/o with 8 games experience. Edwards was another wasted pick, 12 games in two years is a failure in my opinion. Glad we've smartened up our act.
Not quite the same list though for us. Geelong have had multiple rucks, vardy, Macintosh, Simpson. They are able to take a punt on a rookie. For various reasons, we've not been able to get into that position.
I think the strategy was as previously stated. Get some mature bodies to help the kids when they break down. Glad we're not in that situation any more. As long shots as these kids are, it's far more interesting and exciting.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Gunna be fun to watch this youngster develop. Watched his highlights package n also a couple of snippets on the club site where he bobs up during the training drills.
For such a long thin pelican he certainly looks smooth, co-ordinated n balanced. Obviously lots of growing n developing to do for senior footy, but there might be some interesting highlights along the way.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
bullus_hit said:
Part of the reason we have a massive age gap in our ruck stocks is due to Stephenson, for the 7 games he contributed was it really worth it? Geelong delisted Orren and picked up Blicavs in the rookie draft, that to me is good list management not grabbing a 30 y/o with 8 games experience.

just to clarify, the cats drafting a 29yo ruckman with 0 games experience = good list management and the tigers drafting a 30yo ruck with 8 games = bad list management. have i got that correct?
the cats also replaced Stephenson with a 28 yo ruck, on their senior list, who had played 8 games over the previous 2 seasons, and then played zero games in 2013. was this good or bad list management?