Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

He gave a tall option better than anyone else has for a while..Balta accepted. Also good mover..can cover ground and be creative. Persist and harden his mindset and we could have a very good player. We need another tall who can mark and be dangerous at the moment..run with him for a couple of weeks.

Omarkum said:
He gave a tall option better than anyone else has for a while..Balta accepted.

In what way? O'Brien had 22 hitouts to advantage, Chol had 1. 54 hitouts to 13. Just 2 marks. 2 tackles. Low pressure act score. Had 1 disposal in each of 3 quarters (broke out in the 2nd with 5).

He did okay, but I was still a little underwhelmed by some of his efforts and commitments to the contest.
Won't be fussed if they put another game or two into him to see if he has anything to offer/provide regarding a future career.
That said, not convinced yet on what I have seen in the VFL let alone just one game at senior level.

tigerlove said:
In what way? O'Brien had 22 hitouts to advantage, Chol had 1. 54 hitouts to 13. Just 2 marks. 2 tackles. Low pressure act score. Had 1 disposal in each of 3 quarters (broke out in the 2nd with 5).

There aren’t too many players in the afl that we haven’t had an opportunity to get.
Here’s another example.
Blair and wacko could have drafted him with our last pick but took Mckenzie instead.
Blair ended up pretty happy but history shows it wasn’t as good as it could have been.

All that carnage & yet Mabs survives. Hope he builds on a promising game last time up.
Guess we need some support for Soldo in the ruck n Balta's been a bit tired n raggedy his last couple of games. Happy to see Cholly get the chance to play a couple / few games in a row. Reckon he simply needs to produce a bit at senior level if he wants to keep a spot on the list.

I like the fact he is playing again. I would have went Bolta over Soldo, but once that decision was made, I’m glad that we went with two ruck options. Also I expect Chol to compete and bring the ball to the ground for the small forwards.

Reactions: 1 users
I like the fact he is playing again. I would have went Bolta over Soldo, but once that decision was made, I’m glad that we went with two ruck options. Also I expect Chol to compete and bring the ball to the ground for the small forwards.

We had Balta last week and the Balta/Chol combination were annihilated. Soldo will do very little around the ground just like Chol last week but at least he'll square the hitouts at a minimum. Not against giving Chol another go as second ruck but if he doesn't put in a much better performance he surely has to go back to VFL.

Chol could be good as a second ruck/forward. He can mark and this adds some randomness to our forward play, he either marks or gets it to ground for the small forwards.

I like giving him a few games, now is the time for him to show he can make it or not. Ball is squarely in Chol's court.

DS

Chol playing very well to half time Giving us another tall option in the forward line

Last edited:
I don't know of any ruckman apart from nic nat (i'm so overated ) anui that can apply forward half pressure like that tackle he did in the 3rd qtr. He just needs more game time to get comfortable.