Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies

Who wins the 2022 Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
A lot of magnanimous posting here on how Geelong deserved the flag and how good they are.
I have contacted my Cats supporting friends and sent congratulations through.
It’s been more than 12 hours now so that all has to stop

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I switched off and moved on at half time.
The grand Final is well in the rear view mirror.

looking forward to the trade period and bolstering our playing group for 2023

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With the Cats more mature list then most ,it will be interesting to see if clubs keep there older players longer now and recruit more mature/experienced players ? as we know the AFL are very sheep like .

No doubt the Cats have been as good as any club over the past 15 odd years , amazingly consistent, yes they have a home ground advantage like no other club, however that’s a whole different argument ( all grounds should be the same imho)

Joel Selwood is without doubt one of the toughest players to play the game , yes the ducking tarnishes him and that’s hurt the game , however I think yesterday proved what decent human he is and a deserving premiership captain.

The Cats provided lots of great different routs and personal stories with the Premiership, from Stengle, Blicavs, Thouy even Smith .

Hate saying however personal dealings with Salty Scott he is actually a pretty decent humble bloke to deal with and probably deserves this flag :vomit

Also a fitting way for Stephen Wells to sign out , has no peers in the list management game , he is everything Dudoro isn’t.

Finally the one thing about the Cats flag of 22 that leaves a bad taste ( dare I say salty) is the SHocking involvement , incredible corrupt way to win a flag .

Anyway well done to Geelong football club and there rare decent fans ;) let’s bring on 2023 , I know this win is going to hurt our boys like no other .

GoTiges

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
At least we won't hear about the wombat Pkye anymore.
He helped Sydney as much as he did Adelaide.
Has ever a coach left a club in a such a mess??

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We have now officially entered the 2022-23 Abyss.

Good luck everyone dealing with the incredible boredom of The Abyss for the next 5 months. I find the NFL helps. Maybe we could start a support group up or something. Oh the boredom…….

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I’m actually warming to Geelong now.

Before the lynch party is assembled, consider this -

Of all the teams who have played top four footy over the last 5-6 years, Geelong are the ONLY team who haven’t shirked on their efforts year in, year out.

The Bulldogs. The Crows. The Giants. The Demons. The Magpies.

The Tigers.

All have had lapses.

It would take enormous discipline and mental fortitude to front up again and again, despite the punches in the face they have received, especially from us.

Much, much respect. They are a great club.

Chris Scott is a great coach.

Now that my schadenfreude has dissipated, I can now see them for what they are - champions.

Like us.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Joel Selwood is without doubt one of the toughest players to play the game , yes the ducking tarnishes him and that’s hurt the game , however I think yesterday proved what decent human he is and a deserving premiership captain.
Good point. ... I have to admit, I've become a bit of a hater and that was only because of the way I believed he instigated this ducking stuff which I've found terrible for the game.
There was a time where I found him to be an absolute star and even as an opposition supporter, I loved watching him play.
So it's been a bit difficult to change my way of thinking. Even the stuff with Prestia and Stewart this year where most of us think it was premeditated, with Selwood basically congratulating him is a bit hard for me to reconcile.
All that aside, he's obviously a tough bastard and would die for his teammates so kudos for that.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I switched off and moved on at half time.
The grand Final is well in the rear view mirror.

looking forward to the trade period and bolstering our playing group for 2023
I lasted till they were 5 goals to 1 in Q1 - then called it quits
Had my phone for the scores in case things changed
Mowed the lawn
Played a few holes on an empty course
Last night watched the 2019 Prelim to preserve my own memory of Dangerflop, Sellwood and Hawkins (up in the box)

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
2020 2022 Geelong
The difference
2020 Taylor, Ablett, Henderson, Simpson, Dalhouse & Menogla
2022 Stengle, Cameron, Smith, Close, The Viking, Henry

Get the inclusions right and success will follow
**we haven't beaten Geelong since the 2020 GF.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Watched enough of the first qtr to see Tommyhawk make the Hick look like an idiot twice in a row. Checked the half time score n sent my Bro a congratulatory text.
Hoping we pull the finger out n get back into contention next year. Watching other teams blow their opponents away in Grannies is just so underwhelming.

Oh well, Eels n Panthers next week n a hint of Bathurst the week after. Must be gettin close to helpin the missus set up the vegie patch n twiddlin the thumbs time.

• Love

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The nightmare is real.
Can’t think of a more unlikeable team to win the premiership since Port.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I’m actually warming to Geelong now.

Before the lynch party is assembled, consider this -

Of all the teams who have played top four footy over the last 5-6 years, Geelong are the ONLY team who haven’t shirked on their efforts year in, year out.

The Bulldogs. The Crows. The Giants. The Demons. The Magpies.

The Tigers.

All have had lapses.

It would take enormous discipline and mental fortitude to front up again and again, despite the punches in the face they have received, especially from us.

Much, much respect. They are a great club.

Chris Scott is a great coach.

Now that my schadenfreude has dissipated, I can now see them for what they are - champions.

Like us.

Spot on was thinking about that never seen cats have lapses this year or silly incidents like we had 5 tigers in goal square and one lions player kicks the winning goal happened to often this year brain fades.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Actually thought Danger should have won the NS. His best “team” game ever IMO.