Greyhound threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greyhound threads [Merged]

jb03 said:
You are avoiding the discussion. I have not commented along those lines at all but considering your disdain for the industry and what happens to the greyhounds i assumed you must be doing something about it.

not sure what you are trying to say.
i object to animals suffering for human entertainment. i dont support greyhound racing because if it, and i think anyone who does support the industry should be aware that many many dogs are killed as a result of this industry.

if you disagree just say so and dont try to deflect.

Brodders17 said:
not sure what you are trying to say.
i object to animals suffering for human entertainment. i dont support greyhound racing because if it, and i think anyone who does support the industry should be aware that many many dogs are killed as a result of this industry.

if you disagree just say so and dont try to deflect.

What am i deflecting? I said i assumed you must own greyhounds because you are disdainful of their treatment post racing. from your subsequent posting it seems i was wrong.

jb03 said:
What am i deflecting? I said i assumed you must own greyhounds because you are disdainful of their treatment post racing. from your subsequent posting it seems i was wrong.

you are right. i dont own any greyhounds.
back to the subject, do you think itis ok that 1000s of greyhounds are killed just because they arent quick enough?

25,000 thoroughbreds, 20,000 harness as well.

Its unfortunate but i think it is 350,000 jobs that these codes give to Aussies.

close it all down and that's another 2% per cent unemployed and struggling to live.

duck shooting, fox hunting and fishing is human entertainment too brodders...you like?

Brodders17 said:
you are right. i dont own any greyhounds.
back to the subject, do you think itis ok that 1000s of greyhounds are killed just because they arent quick enough?

No i do not.

Bunnerz said:
25,000 thoroughbreds, 20,000 harness as well.

Its unfortunate but i think it is 350,000 jobs that these codes give to Aussies.

close it all down and that's another 2% per cent unemployed and struggling to live.

duck shooting, fox hunting and fishing is human entertainment too brodders...you like?

duck shooting, fox hunting, tiger shooting, bull fighting, elephant hunting, quokka soccer- all forms of animal cruelty that should be banned.

fishing- killing animals for food is accepted, people fishing with single lines certainly is preferable to trawler using long lines and nets.

as for the jobs in those industries- if they cant be run without causing such suffering to animals then yes they should shut down. another option might be to reform those industries so animals arent seen as disposable to objects that can be just discarded when they are no longer considered useful

Brodders17 said:
duck shooting,

fishing- killing animals for food is accepted, people fishing with single lines certainly is preferable to trawler using long lines and nets.

I don't see much difference between game shooting (ducks, quail, rabbit) and fishing. It all ends up on the dinner table at the end.

Baloo said:
I don't see much difference between game shooting (ducks, quail, rabbit) and fishing. It all ends up on the dinner table at the end.

Unfortunately it doesn't all end up on the dinner table. You only have to look around on duck opening weekend to see it's not the case. Many animals are left wounded to die a slow death.

rosy23 said:
Unfortunately it doesn't all end up on the dinner table. You only have to look around on duck opening weekend to see it's not the case. Many animals are left wounded to die a slow death.

We used to try and avoid duck opening in Vic, especially at the lakes. Too many once a year shooters. Preferred hitting the rice fields in southern NSW where we had farmers call us up when they had too many ducks.

jb03 said:
I wouldn't dare not otherwise i have to suffer the mental abuse from Baloo

you only need to agree with LD, not start to mimic him

Leysy grew up in Cape Grim farm territory in North West Tas. His family still live on a hobby farm there.

Is everyone comfortable that every cow bred to milk (friesian) that is born a male is taken off to be slaughtered in it's infancy.

And likewise any Angus that is born a female leads the same fate weeks after birth.

One of leysy's best mates has around 500 cows culled a year for these reasons.

It equates to many 10's of thousands of animals killed each year for $$$. Most of the milk is powdered and exported as is the beef.

Devils advocate, as Leysy loves his steak as much as the next person, but how is this much different than say the horse racing industry.

Both "owners" are doing this purely for $$$.

Leysy Days said:
Leysy grew up in Cape Grim farm territory in North West Tas. His family still live on a hobby farm there.

Is everyone comfortable that every cow bred to milk (friesian) that is born a male is taken off to be slaughtered in it's infancy.

And likewise any Angus that is born a female leads the same fate weeks after birth.

One of leysy's best mates has around 500 cows culled a year for these reasons.

It equates to many 10's of thousands of animals killed each year for $$$. Most of the milk is powdered and exported as is the beef.

Devils advocate, as Leysy loves his steak as much as the next person, but how is this much different than say the horse racing industry.

Both "owners" are doing this purely for $$$.

Cows are full of delicious steak whereas greyhounds are not.

agree with leysy.

where i live, people are killing kangaroos at the moment and that has opened another can of worms.