Greyhound threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greyhound threads [Merged]

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
Bunnerz said:
my opinion only but i think its crap,

Well, I think anyone who uses the suffering of animals for entertainment is crap. The entire industry should be taken out the back and shot. Same with horse racing.

Go to hell, bastards. :mad:

E

easy_tiger

hmmm, they probably should ban bacon and eggs on this logic, which is fair enough.

the only philosophical separation between racing dogs, and thoroughbred horses, is poor people race dogs, rich people race horses. easy target the underclasses.

do they really reckon there wont be illicit dog racing in NSW?

the whole world is regressing in a very weird way i dont understand.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
easy said:
do they really reckon there wont be illicit dog racing in NSW?

Of course there will be. But numbers harmed will be much smaller, economic incentives will be tiny compared to now.

And your point about horse racing is completely valid - although the outright cruelty of live baiting and death pits where the dead dogs are thrown are not part of that industry. I've seen photos of dead dismembered greyhounds with their ears cut-off so they can't be identified through their microchips.

I reckon horse racing will be banned at some point in the future - but for now it's too big an industry to take on.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
antman said:
Of course there will be. But numbers harmed will be much smaller, economic incentives will be tiny compared to now.

And your point about horse racing is completely valid - although the outright cruelty of live baiting and death pits where the dead dogs are thrown are not part of that industry. I've seen photos of dead dismembered greyhounds with their ears cut-off so they can't be identified through their microchips.

I reckon horse racing will be banned at some point in the future - but for now it's too big an industry to take on.
I don't think there's a chance in hell, horse racing will ever be banned, way too may powerful people in the world who love the industry and pour money into it , including Shieks and the Royal family

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
I don't think there's a chance in hell, horse racing will ever be banned, way too may powerful people in the world who love the industry and pour money into it , including Shieks and the Royal family

"I'm sorry Your Majesty, but you're an unspeakably cruel bastard and these studiously-bred creatures will need to be returned to their natural environment at once."

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"I'm sorry Your Majesty, but you're an unspeakably cruel bastard and these studiously-bred creatures will need to be returned to their natural environment at once."
And what about the corgies ;D

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Remove the gambling and the both the dogs and horses will adjust so those that truly love the sport and animals will remain involved.

A bit like dog shows and equestrian events.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
Remove the gambling and the both the dogs and horses will adjust so those that truly love the sport and animals will remain involved.

A bit like dog shows and equestrian events.

Are equestrian events more cruel than racing?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
jb03 said:
Are equestrian events more cruel than racing?

Not from what I've seen. Why, do you think they are ?

Might be more cruel to be forced to watch them.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
jb03 said:
Yeah not sure. it was a genuine question.

An ex-girlfriend was from a strong line of Equestrian families. From what I could see the horses were treated well. Unless you call mane braiding cruel. Sure, worked hard in training but the horses were well looked after. Those that didn't cut it often ended up in riding schools.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
jb03 said:
Yeah not sure. it was a genuine question.

Nowhere near it. I've been experienced in both. You'll find in equestrian circles the horses are pampered, well loved pets who are treated like royalty.

Rowdy

11 + 2018 = 12!
Jul 15, 2009
Well I hope they look at show dogs next, the amount of inbreading is way over the top, and the pups without the perfect look, fair to say they end up the same as "slow greyhounds", at least Greyhounds, must report all breading before the actual breading unlike show dogs, breaders of show dogs chose if to register or not, how many ugly ones get registered???? No one knows how many litters of show dogs are bread each year as the only breed of dog required to register ALL litters are Greyhounds