Greyhound threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greyhound threads [Merged]

flinders_72

Tiger Cub
Jun 30, 2004
Re: Deledio - the greyhound not the footballer

Don't forget to listen to this race on Sport 927 or watch on Sky @ 9.35 tonight. I won't tip him cos all my tips lately lose, but you know the drill.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Well done Lids. Bit short at $1.70 but a win nevertheless.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

$$$$$ a short priced winner is better than a long priced loser. Thanks Flinders. :clap

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield

CC TIGER said:
mk33 said:
whatever happened to the 2yo horse from Lee Freedman, was nominated on Turnbull Stakes Day but not sighted since
Wil run very soon trialled behind something academy the other day who came out and started fav but ran 4th the other day

cheers CC

flinders_72

Tiger Cub
Jun 30, 2004

Watchdog - DELEDIO is engaged to run on Tuesday, 07/02/06 at Warragul in Race 4.

Fields for this race are as follows:

Race 4 Grade 5 424 Metres 07:54PM
COLLEX WASTE MANAGEMENT
$860-245-125/TRI/QUIN R/D EXACTA

1 COLEMAN BALE
2 REBEL MONELLI
3 * DELEDIO
4 SPRING SQUARE
5 CHARMING BORIS
6 LATROBE WARRIOR
7 STORM ALERT
8 LOCHIE ALLEN
9 CHRISAAK'S MAGIC
10 GLENN ALLEN

For full details of fields, please refer to www.grv.org.au

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

For those who dont know Deledio the Horse ran Sunday and came 4th keep an eye out for it around next Thursday ;)

flinders_72

Tiger Cub
Jun 30, 2004

Just a reminder... 7.54 Warragul Race 4 tonight for Lids, the greyhound.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Lucky I read this 5 minutes after the race so didn't lose my profits from last time.

flinders_72

Tiger Cub
Jun 30, 2004

I was trialling at Cranbourne while the race was on as well and didn't back him. He seems hot and cold at the moment and needs to get a clear run early to muster pace. His older brother was a similar type and with experience he should be more consistent.

"Steward's Report

Warragul - 07 Feb 2006, Tuesday

Weather : Fine - Track Condition : Good

Race 4 COLLEX WASTE MANAGEMENT
Type: Grade 5 Distance : 424 Metres Time: 07:54PM
Deledio, Charming Boris and Latrobe Warrior were slow out. Charming Boris and Latrobe Warrior collided soon after the start. Coleman Bale, Rebel Monelli and Deledio collided approaching the first turn. Deledio contacted the running rail on the first turn and stumbled as a result losing considerable ground. Charming Boris was checked off the heels of Latrobe Warrior approaching the home turn.
Coleman Bale was vetted following the event. It was reported that the greyhound sustained a sprained right monkey muscle, a 5 day stand down period was imposed.
Delidio was vetted following the event. It was reported that the greyhound sustained sprained monkey muscles, a 5 day stand down period was imposed."

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing

flinders_72 said:
I was trialling at Cranbourne while the race was on as well and didn't back him. He seems hot and cold at the moment and needs to get a clear run early to muster pace. His older brother was a similar type and with experience he should be more consistent.

"Steward's Report

Warragul - 07 Feb 2006, Tuesday

Weather : Fine - Track Condition : Good

Race 4 COLLEX WASTE MANAGEMENT
Type: Grade 5 Distance : 424 Metres Time: 07:54PM
Deledio, Charming Boris and Latrobe Warrior were slow out. Charming Boris and Latrobe Warrior collided soon after the start. Coleman Bale, Rebel Monelli and Deledio collided approaching the first turn. Deledio contacted the running rail on the first turn and stumbled as a result losing considerable ground. Charming Boris was checked off the heels of Latrobe Warrior approaching the home turn.
Coleman Bale was vetted following the event. It was reported that the greyhound sustained a sprained right monkey muscle, a 5 day stand down period was imposed.
Delidio was vetted following the event. It was reported that the greyhound sustained sprained monkey muscles, a 5 day stand down period was imposed."

I'd like to know one thing - what are monkey muscles?

flinders_72

Tiger Cub
Jun 30, 2004

The 'monkey muscle' is the triceps muscle of the front leg, ie, it's at the top of each front leg. :)

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Geelong Greyhounds

would have rather been there tonight, at least they put in 100%

and one always leads from the front?

leaders tigers?

Skills

Tiger Champion
Apr 19, 2004
Inner City
Re: Geelong Greyhounds

Bunnerz said:
would have rather been there tonight, at least they put in 100%

and one always leads from the front?

leaders tigers?

How many times did Box No. 4 win there tonight?

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Geelong Greyhounds

Tigers were a bit like the greyhounds tonight.They ran for about 30 seconds.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Greyhounds

Well, i've bought a greyhound to race......Well, he hasn't been born yet i'm waiting for the next litter of pups
to be born. Won't be racing till for another 2 years anyway.
But has extremely good pedigree ;D

Has anyone done this?

Not as much money in dogs than horses but i'll start from the bottom.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Greyhounds

Jukes Extended said:
Well, i've bought a greyhound to race......Well, he hasn't been born yet i'm waiting for the next litter of pups
to be born. Won't be racing till for another 2 years anyway.
But has extremely good pedigree  ;D

Has anyone done this?

Not as much money  in dogs than horses but i'll start from the bottom.

Yep, I have jujes. Bought a tenth share in 8. They will start racing in the middle of next year. First time owner, fingers crossed.

PS, Can we have your old avatar back?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Re: Greyhound Racing

Dyer'ere said:
I've noticed a lot of the young fellows are getting into the dogs and the new Solo ad has dogracing.

8)  :eek: Bloody hell. It's fashionable. :eek:  8)

My old man trained greyhounds and had a good one which won a number of city races and ran 4th in a Maturity final. You wouldn't believe the crowds they'd get to the track in the mid-70s at run-of-the-mill meetings, e.g. Saturday nights at Cranbourne. For a long time afterwards, going to the dogs was seen as very 'uncool'. Turnover has picked up quite a bit in recent years - maybe it's turning full circle.