GWS have problems | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS have problems

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Calculated play by the club to publicly rule out Graham this early in the week.

The subtext to GWS is: we bat deep... we're not taking anyone into the game who isn't cherry ripe... how about you?

FWIW, I'd be amazed if any of Davis, Whitfield or Coniglio plays.

Good comment, #8
Don't reckon Coniglio will be selected
Whitfield will play but he is a potential liability and going to be very tender
Davis will probably front given he is their skipper but he's banged up and could also be another liability.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
My gut tells me we're going to win by the same margin as in 2017.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Good comment, #8
Don't reckon Coniglio will be selected
Whitfield will play but he is a potential liability and going to be very tender
Davis will probably front given he is their skipper but he's banged up and could also be another liability.

Also Whitfield has been reported to have lost weight post-op and will be anything but match fit.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Might have to do another runner from the drug testers then ....................

No need. Mate of mine knows a way around them, works a treat.
When they aren’t watching, Poor some yellow Gatorade into the tube.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
No doubt every tackle or bump on Whitfield will have some extra mayo, or any of their other known injured/recovering players. Coniglio, Davis etc

There's extra Mayo in a GF anyway, so it'll be two servings of mayo every tackle. If Whitfield plays I'm guessing he'll start on the bench. Massive risks playing injured players. Get a couple of rotations down on your opponent early and it's all over.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
We’ve put the line through Graham. It’s interesting how the media keep focusing on the Rd 3 match when we were still struggling without Rance, lost Short and Cotchin during the game, and I think Jack was out too, plus it was at their home ground. They don’t talk about the return game in Rd 17 which is far more relevant.
Grimes was out suspended as well.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Whitfield has lost 3-5kg. Coniglio is the age old question how "match ready" is he, high risk, high reward. Davis I rough - calf - G O N E, but defied the odds and stayed on, issue there is how will it pull up... If inhibited on a relatively dry day, hes may be giving Jack or Tom a head start on every lead. Please I hope all 3 play. !!!

do you have a source on this or is this just the usual thing for an appendix removal?

FYI, I agree. i want all 3 to play.

We’ve put the line through Graham. It’s interesting how the media keep focusing on the Rd 3 match when we were still struggling without Rance, lost Short and Cotchin during the game, and I think Jack was out too, plus it was at their home ground. They don’t talk about the return game in Rd 17 which is far more relevant.

much like how Geelong beat us by 67 points earlier in the season.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
do you have a source on this or is this just the usual thing for an appendix removal?

It said on the news last night he lost 5kg since the operation but had put 1.5kg back on since.

I remember a game this year where Davis went off with a back injury then played forward & could hardly move. He played the next week down back again & seemed fine. I heard him in some interview this week saying it's more of a back issue than a calf & it flares up now & then.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Good luck to Davis playing with a back issue on Tom Lynch! That man is an aggressive beast. If Davis even thinks about playing in front of him I suspect his day might be over very early in the piece.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I hope they play Davis, Whitfield and Congilio. And lids for good measure. Would be a massive mistake.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Good luck to Davis playing with a back issue on Tom Lynch! That man is an aggressive beast. If Davis even thinks about playing in front of him I suspect his day might be over very early in the piece.

Do not be surprised to see Tom engage him into a wrestle off the ball to test him out , Being rag dolled around will feel nice with a crook back.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Thought it was the final against Carlton 14 not 17?
I think??

Conca, Griff ? Anyone else? Thought it was 3 players?

Nah - I was referring to us and players missing in 2017 - Cotch was the only player in doubt because of his hit on Shield in the prelim which was assessed by the AFL - no case to answer

We had no injuries of note in 2017 that I can remember which was a big bear of the media - they couldn’t believe the dream run we had with our stars through that 2017 - 2018 period. We played the 3 finals that year with the same 22.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Also Whitfield has been reported to have lost weight post-op and will be anything but match fit.

Was it close to 5-10 kgs?
Might have heard wrong.
Certainly looked more stick figure type then previous yesterday when he was running laps.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If there is one club that knows the result of playing players not 100% fit in a final its us.
Gws will pay for selecting so many 50-50 players

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He wont have much energy.
He'll be running out of fuel after half time.

Hope he plays

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
I have so much respect for Davis and he needs to weigh up captaining his team in a GF vs quickly becoming a on field liability or making it 21 v 22 early into the contest. I can see him leaving it up to the last minute, perhaps post the 30 min to go warm up. He would not be one to over play a calf injury, somehow he kept playing on Saturday... adrenaline - jab in the leg etc?? Unlike many other injuries once that muscle goes you no value at all on the ground. Compounding this would be the risk of playing Coniglio after his injury and a 3-4 kg lighter Whitfield 10 days post appendicitis. We ruled our our injured player, Dusty and Cotch knocks, they will play sore but most do this deep into September, Broad passed his concussion test and is a vital player in the back 6-7... someone remind him should we win not to take any photos post game this time round !