GWS have problems | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS have problems

Late SEN radio training report was that Cogs and Whitfield running well but that Davis might be their biggest worry.

Yer, I'm starting to agree with the flow here. Play them all instead of match-fit men.

Reactions: 4 users
There is a difference between match fitness and running big time.

Reactions: 2 users
How are our sore boys travelling?

Gee Dusty needs to play a big game

*smile* has just about stopped everyone this year.

How are our sore boys travelling?

Gee Dusty needs to play a big game

****** has just about stopped everyone this year.

Wonder how the tagger will go as a full-back?
He’ll go to Prestia then. How’s Dusty travelling? Didn’t he get a corkie?

If he switches players I reckon we could cause some match-up issues during those times that could help get Tiger players free.

I want to know why he’s so effective as a tagger on champion players
What does he do to stop them
Is he using unfair tactics
He’s not exactly big so how come they can’t brush him off

I have so much respect for Davis and he needs to weigh up captaining his team in a GF vs quickly becoming a on field liability or making it 21 v 22 early into the contest. I can see him leaving it up to the last minute, perhaps post the 30 min to go warm up. He would not be one to over play a calf injury, somehow he kept playing on Saturday... adrenaline - jab in the leg etc?? Unlike many other injuries once that muscle goes you no value at all on the ground. Compounding this would be the risk of playing Coniglio after his injury and a 3-4 kg lighter Whitfield 10 days post appendicitis. We ruled our our injured player, Dusty and Cotch knocks, they will play sore but most do this deep into September, Broad passed his concussion test and is a vital player in the back 6-7... someone remind him should we win not to take any photos post game this time round !

I have large calves and I can tell you they hurt big time when they are tight and they take some time to relax again. The other thing that you get is tightness in your Achilles usually due to the calf and this certainly has an impact on the power that you can exert from that lead. I can see Lynch burning him off with the lead due to a reduction in the power in his legs. Big risk to take him into the GF.

Late SEN radio training report was that Cogs and Whitfield running well but that Davis might be their biggest worry.

Yer, I'm starting to agree with the flow here. Play them all instead of match-fit men.

either way we benefit - blokes are underdone or at higher risk of breakdown, or they play a second-stringer.

We still have to respect them. Davis is quality and a tough player, even injured. They have a lot of heart to get to where they have.

Reactions: 1 users
I want to know why he’s so effective as a tagger on champion players
What does he do to stop them
Is he using unfair tactics
He’s not exactly big so how come they can’t brush him off

From what I've seen of him, seems to be a cleaner tagger than people like Greenwood who almost bear hugs players and gets away with it. De Boer is very very fit and therefore stops players getting free space so impacts upon whether they are even given the ball at all. I haven't seen the stats but for the players that he goes to I would think you would see a big drop on handball receives that they get.

On the tagger though, it will impact is, but we bat very deep in our midfield. If Dusty gets tagged then we have prestia in career best form supported by Edwards, Lambert and Cotch who a lot outside of our footy club I think have forgotten how good he is. I doubt Cotch will be tagged which could mean he could have a very big impact on the game on Saturday.

If I were GWS I'd tag Prestia. He's killing it. Then of course Dusty might cut loose. If they tag Dusty, he goes forward. I guess they could try switching The Farmer between those two when that happens.

On second thoughts I'd also be tempted to tag Shed - he's also killing it. But its a hard choice - we usually see one of DM/SE/TC stepping up at different times during the game.

I reckon either way Cotch/Lambo/Ross will benefit. Lambo's had a pretty quiet September so far - he's due for a big one.

Giants match committee and Leon Cameron will lose it for them. there's not much depth there and they've already got a messed up head about Davis, Whitfield and Coniglio .. do we? don't we? ...
none of that going on at Tigerland ..

Giants match committee and Leon Cameron will lose it for them. there's not much depth there and they've already got a messed up head about Davis, Whitfield and Coniglio .. do we? don't we? ...
none of that going on at Tigerland ..

Well not this year no.