Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

I watched the St Kilda semi this arvo. Right at the end in the rooms there's a fine young lady in rfc official outfit and yoga pants. You can't miss her. Anyone know who she is?
Um, that was me and I’m a man.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I don't care how Mr and Mrs Hardwick split.

On all topics of this nature I think a human is in charge of its genitals.

Reactions: 1 user
Mind sending the link?
I saw a young freelance journalist/producer write something in the comments section of the herald sun tweet promoting their article, criticising them for their article and saying she shopped the full story around earlier but no one picked it up. I didn't know what she meant by the full story, so I checked her tweets & replies and saw these two. Note that her first tweet was written 10 days before the herald sun published their article.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 2.png
    2.png
    20 KB · Views: 271
  • Wow
I saw a young freelance journalist/producer write something in the comments section of the herald sun tweet promoting their article, criticising them for their article and saying she shopped the full story around earlier but no one picked it up. I didn't know what she meant by the full story, so I checked her tweets & replies and saw these two. Note that her first tweet was written 10 days before the herald sun published their article.

Who does she barrack for?

Thought a site like Zero Hanger might've picked that up. They're always hungry for anti-Richmond material.

Oh come on, how about let’s not stalk social media for harmful and private matters.

Somewhat of a tragedy really, Hardwick has the joy and triumph of his team winning 3 premierships but still ends up losing his long term wife. Could be any one or more of 50 reasons why they split up and we will probably never know the reason{s) for it (nor do we need to know of course). Goes to show though the enormous pressures and scrutiny that AFL coaches are constantly under, even when a coach's team is being successful.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't shed too many tears for them, Glenn. Yes, they cop a bit of heat in the media from time to time but if you balance that with the perks; salary, hours, more fringe benefits than you can count and plenty of opportunities outside of footy, then they are miles and miles ahead.

It's a bloody sweet job and I reckon it would have less to do with you getting divorced than just about any other job you could name.
Bloody lousy response.

However, you are entitled to your opinion!

Seems like it does not pay well to be successful.

Then again, envy is one of the seven deadly sins, is it not!

Just being realistic Bernie.

An AFL coach is making a huge wage by most people's standards, has flexible hours, plenty of leave and generally starts early and finishes early each day. Not to mention that their work day often involves being fed as many meals as they like and usually spending some time in the gym or doing some other exercise. Probably the worst thing they deal with from a family point of view is being away for a couple of nights a few times each year for road games.

Compare that to say a police officer or a nurse married to each other and working 12 hour shifts and dealing with all of the pressures in their lives and it's like apples and grapes. If you're getting divorced as a senior coach I'm pretty confident in saying it's not because of your job.
And yes i acknowledge the comparative assessment of salaries together with the perhaps less relevant issue of time at the job/workface.

But tell me that you know a coach can switch off when he leaves his place of work? That does not apply to most, dependent on how one copes with work pressure and stress, in my view?

Certainly, the coach would not seek to engage or find relief in forums such as PRE to de stress when he gets home if your comments as a Moderator of PRE or assumed leading opinionator reflect that of most supporters.

But hail all those who are contrarian.

And, just personally, I do not mind earning a good buck, but lo and behold anyone who says i should cop more sh!t because I earn a good $ is specious.

And I enjoy apples, oranges and grapes!

Have a great 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users