Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Put it this way, I think Dimma and the crazy gang spend very little time worrying about the umpires in the overall scheme of things, but hey, knock yourselves out.
They may not worry about it, but they accept the fact that we get screwed most weeks.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
They may not worry about it, but they accept the fact that we get screwed most weeks.

They see it as irrelevant to our success or failure so would not waste much time even thinking about it IMO.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
All that article says is Tom Browne reported the AFL is sceptical, it doesn't actually say anything from the AFL directly. It's a bit like the Hocking one which was something like 'word is Steve Hocking watched Richmond closely in the hub and wasn't happy with how they manned the mark' but there's never been anything I'm aware of directly attributed to Hocking.

If those same journo's were reporting something from within Richmond in those terms, this forum would jump on them for making up unsubstantiated crap, and rightly so.
Dirt sticks, just ask a lefty.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Dimma saying gettting rid of prior op will go a long way to solving the umpiring shitshow we find ourselves in. Fagan agreed. I agree 100%. Been saying it for years. Buckley suggested it years ago, 5 or 6 years ago. Nobody picked up on it.

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I think Gale and Hardwick would both regret going public in hindsight. If nothing else, they should be trying to sell the venue to the fans from a business point of view.
The club has said it plays for the fans and represents the fans.

the fans have clearly in many membership surveys said they don’t want to go to the Dump.

I don’t think they should regret it all. Yeah it’s taking on city hall, but it’s also sticking true to your values and what you’ve told your members you will represent.

personally It took me 25 minutes to get from flinders st to southern cross waiting for a connecting train and I missed the whole first quarter. Maybe bad planning on my behalf but ffs. The upside once there is you are closer to the action than at the g. Also getting out was *smile*. (This is to Sandringham line)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The club has said it plays for the fans and represents the fans.

the fans have clearly in many membership surveys said they don’t want to go to the Dump.

I don’t think they should regret it all. Yeah it’s taking on city hall, but it’s also sticking true to your values and what you’ve told your members you will represent.

personally It took me 25 minutes to get from flinders st to southern cross waiting for a connecting train and I missed the whole first quarter. Maybe bad planning on my behalf but ffs. The upside once there is you are closer to the action than at the g. Also getting out was *smile*. (This is to Sandringham line)

I, too, live on the Sandringham, line, great for the MCG, but there is generally 1 Sandy train from Spencer St when leaving the game, but you have to be quick, I had to run down the escalator to catch it.

DS

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hardwick was not jumping out of his skin to welcome Leppa back .

Maybe there was a fallout between the two?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Reckon Leppa wanted to have twelve months away from footy to refresh and recharge before having another tilt at senior coaching. He seems in demand already.

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Dimma saying gettting rid of prior op will go a long way to solving the umpiring shitshow we find ourselves in. Fagan agreed. I agree 100%. Been saying it for years. Buckley suggested it years ago, 5 or 6 years ago. Nobody picked up on it.
From as a kid onwards playing footy, I was always led to believe that if you didn't get a kick or a handball away whilst being tackled it was incorrect disposal. Not sure when that changed , but Dimma & Fagan basically saying the same.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Losing both McRae and Leppa was very costly. I understand the club made an error where McRae could have been retained but was poached.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Hardwick was not jumping out of his skin to welcome Leppa back .

Maybe there was a fallout between the two?
Read that as there are no spots and if he jumped at yes then the narrative would be rfc will push out one to get leppa

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The whole Leppa departing thing still seems a bit vague......
I've listened to leppa a fair bit lately on radio. I had the feeling that when pay was slashed that he didn't see the time put in as worth it. Bit of a burnout factor. He's said that this is an issue for assistant coaches & staff across the board.
Hardwick has also reiterated it. The workrate expected of these people is huge.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I've listened to leppa a fair bit lately on radio. I had the feeling that when pay was slashed that he didn't see the time put in as worth it. Bit of a burnout factor. He's said that this is an issue for assistant coaches & staff across the board.
Hardwick has also reiterated it. The workrate expected of these people is huge.
Hmmm. Maybe. Interesting time to be throwing it in when people are being made redundant, jobs in footy are scarce etc. Looks like he’ll be back in the fray next year.