Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
a. What was historic about the 2019 flag?

b. We must be doing something wrong as a club as I don’t “revere” our General Manager of Consumer Business. I don’t know if we have one or their name.

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
doesn’t paint our Dimma in a very good light
The trouble is, it is a news paper hacks job to use a bit of fact with a lot of guesswork to make a story sensationalist to sell papers so doesn't have to be all true. Only Hardwick knows the truth and he is not saying too much so that wont sell a newspaper. This is not the first ever workplace romance but as long as Hardwick keeps his head down and continues to our club to continued success we should keep away from the media which hunt

Reactions: 1 users

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
A few days later I'm still not sure if I think this will affect us or not. Whether it fits with the values this team's success was built on is an obvious question. All it takes is a couple of players to tire of the coach's voice just a little bit and things could go bad. In a perfect world it may not be anyone else's business but the players aren't robots. He demands more of someone or gives them a bake and this is in the back of their mind, perhaps they mutter something under their breath...

Personally I'd be lying if I said I still look at him exactly the same way I did a couple of months ago. Once I would've said WWDD (What would Dimma do?) would be a decent template to live one's life by but not so much now. Granted we don't know the full story or what happened when but the timeline certainly doesn't look great.

On the other hand obviously the players are playing for a lot of people other than the coach. Plus all the mindfulness stuff they've been doing about compartmentalising things and setting them aside and just focusing on the next contest. And then there's the possibility that they just don't really care.

Best case scenario I reckon is if it has been known about for quite a while as some people say. In that case it's obviously been dealt with and it clearly hasn't affected us, which just goes to show how professional the group (i.e. the players - learned largely under Dimma's tutelage) are.

Time will tell.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
*smile* day for news.
The article just repeats itself in every paragraph.
Who gives a *smile* that the bloke has a good job, he might be a *smile*.
Who gives a *smile* he bought a 1.2 milion dollar house, he still may be a *smile*.
Who gives a *smile* that Carlton people like him?
Article is utter baggage

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Re: Hardwick splits from wife
EXCLUSIVE: Why friends suspect top coach Damien Hardwick and his mistress may have been together as far back as the Tigers' historic 2019 premiership victory

* Damien Hardwick left mother of his three kids for mistress Alexandra Crow
* Danielle Hardwick and Ms Crow's ex Daniel Giese understood to be devastated
* Both declined to comment on affair that has become a national scandal
* Hardwick is the coach of the 2020 AFL premiership-winning team Richmond
* Sources claim Hardwick was caught out by his wife while in the Queensland hub
* Friends of Ms Crow had suspicions about about her during the 2019 footy season

By Wayne Flower
Daily Mail
8 January 2021

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick and his lover Alexandra Crow were suspected by friends of having an affair as far back as the Tigers' historic 2019 premiership win.

As revelations of the relationship threaten to derail the opening of the club's 2021 season, Daily Mail Australia has been told friends of Ms Crow's ex-partner Daniel Giese long suspected a third party.

'They started when I first heard she was going out with Daniel a few years ago, her heart wasn’t into it and kept Daniel hanging on a leash, so to speak,' a friend said.

The former partner of Ms Crow is among the top executives at Carlton Football Club.

Mr Giese has been a highly regarded executive within both AFL and NRL ranks for years - and also worked with the Richmond Football Club from 2010-2015.

He was living with Ms Crow at their $1.2 million Ascot Vale home when the relationship with three-time premiership coach started.

A friend of Giese's, who asked to remain anonymous, told Daily Mail Australia Ms Crow was notably absent from a wedding she had been invited to with Mr Giese in Bali during the Tigers' premiership-winning 2019 season.

'She came up with an excuse that she had no more leave which I found strange as they both knew about the wedding 15 months prior,' the friend said.

Mr Giese apparently appeared unsettled on the trip, causing concern among his mates that all was not well at home.

'All I know is that my intuition was never wrong about her and I knew I should have said something but I didn’t want to get involved,' the friend said.

Ms Crow missed the wedding in the same year she took to Twitter to gush over the Richmond coach.

'Hi @damienhardwick, first time caller long time listener. Just wondering when you will be getting a statue,' she wrote upon Hardwick equalling Tigers legend Jack Dyer's coaching record.

Mr Giese and Danielle Hardwick, who apparently learnt of her husband's affair during a trip to the team hub in Queensland last year, cut forlorn figures after news broke of the affair this week.

The Tigers coach has not been spotted in public with his new lover - a Richmond sales representative - since news of the scandal broke this week.

It is understood the pair remain in hiding at a rental property in trendy Elwood, on the shores of Port Phillip Bay.

Mr Giese was seen going out for a bike ride on Wednesday morning after fielding numerous inquiries from Melbourne's footy-mad media.

He declined to comment when approached by Daily Mail Australia.

The successful salesman, who is general manager of consumer business at Carlton, is revered among Blues fans for his open and honest interaction with them about their club memberships.

Mr Giese can be seen actively engaging with fans on footy forums where he toils to meet their lofty expectations of the club.

He was recruited to Carlton in 2018 after spending almost three years in a near identical role at Melbourne Storm.

It remains unclear if he worked alongside his ex-partner at Richmond, who continues to work with the club's commercial sales team.

Records show Mr Giese jointly purchased their home in May 2019, about two months before Ms Crow hit Twitter praising her future lover.

Hardwick's relationship with the young Richmond staffer allegedly developed while the pair were caged inside the Queensland hub.

The hub, introduced so the competition could continue during the pandemic, has been blamed for putting pressure on families.

Daily Mail Australia has been told the Richmond coach began the taboo relationship with Ms Crow - known widely as Alex - during the Tigers' time in the hub while still married.

Hardwick allegedly split with his wife last month with the endorsement of the Richmond hierarchy.

The Tigers remain committed to Hardwick despite intense speculation he was preparing to stand down or be walked out.

The club has confirmed it's aware of the relationship between the two.

While Hardwick has not been spotted publicly since before Christmas, he will be forced to face the scandal whether he likes it or not with the recommencement of training for the 2021 season scheduled to kick off this week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9120535/AFL-coach-Damien-Hardwick-mistress-years.html
"The Daily Mail" is the ultimate trash media, this is thier wheelhouse

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
As much as we love Dimma “the coach”, you can’t hide from the fact that if he has cheated on his wife, he’s a dog of a bloke.

Reactions: 1 user

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
There’s not more to this story is there?

Stay tuned.
People are just being silly now. There was one "other" woman (as in one woman apart from his ex wife) and while Peggy and/or Benny and/or some of the players may not have been thrilled he hasn't been sacked and at this stage he's not gonna be. I'll be staggered if we find out otherwise.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
The (adult content) video doing the rounds at the moment with Dimma, the mobile phone and the players at training, is pretty funny.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
As much as we love Dimma “the coach”, you can’t hide from the fact that if he has cheated on his wife, he’s a dog of a bloke.
Gawd help us, world's gone barking mad. There'd be millions of dogs out there. Might surprise ya Frangers but there's plenty of wimmen get a bit on the side as well.

Reactions: 7 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
No, I mean what I wrote.
TBR, you’re implying the Richmond hierarchy knew of this for the better part of two years.

Well, against the fact we have been told the matter was considered at Board level late 2020, your belief or supposition calls into quest the Club’s corporate governance.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Third coach wife split according to News.com. But they are choosing not to name him.

Since when did the journos become so sensitive to impact of naming people?

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Third coach wife split according to News.com. But they are choosing not to name him.

Nah, they won't invade peoples privacy unless it has Richmond attached to it.
Now get back into lockdown

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Must be from one of those little clubs.
Not news worthy.

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013
I’m starting to get worried by some of the texts I’m getting from so many people and some whose mail is usually pretty good.
The club has serious form in relation to imposing their views/morals/opinions on their customers (us), with their overdoing of the woke stuff on many who just want to barrack for a football club and not get involved in politics.
So it wouldn’t surprise to see them pressure an employee (coach) out of the place because he’s done something they don’t like. I hope not, would be a serious overstep and could be the undoing of a great era.

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002

On flipboard, apparently Simon Goodwin and his wife Maggi have split after 15 years.