Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
After we bank a W in round 1 this will be old news.
Strange that Dimmas personal life is somehow intertwined in telling a young bloke to run all day..??
And that a dissolved marriage will resign us back to 1982.
Haha

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Silence from the club is a little disconcerting. McGuire threatened legal action over Collingwood rumours and had the AFL's integrity dept run an investigation. Speculation about Hardwick's job had better be *smile*.
Don't disagree. I've heard Jack is to front the media on Monday in support of Dimma on behalf of the players. My reaction to that is 1) why wait until Monday? and 2) Why not have Cotch make that statement as captain and also due to Mrs Cotchin's interactions with Mrs Hardwick recently

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Love Dimma and up there with Hafey as tiger immortal but reckon now is perfect time to make change. This year will be extremely hard for the boys to get motivated and someone new and hungry would be good fit. Mc Crae or Kingsley

Sounds like the way we got rid of Hafey, that worked well.

Why the hell would you get rid of the coach who has won the last 2 flags? Simple answer: you don't.

As for the PR angle, I would be saying absolutely nothing, giving the story as little oxygen as possible. Are there new stories about this in the press? If not, why start them? Riewoldt to face the press? I wouldn't bother, but this is better than Cotchin doing it as he would be asked about his wife's comments rather than the actual situation, I doubt he would get one question on the playing group's attitude, they would be straight in on what his wife was posting.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Don't disagree. I've heard Jack is to front the media on Monday in support of Dimma on behalf of the players. My reaction to that is 1) why wait until Monday? and 2) Why not have Cotch make that statement as captain and also due to Mrs Cotchin's interactions with Mrs Hardwick recently
Very simple. Cos its business as usual.

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
As for Cotch, even if he has lost a bit of respect for Dimma he won't let that get in the way of his love for both club and teammates. It will not affect his attitude and desire for success. He knows he has the chance to be an immortal in the history of the game if the team can clinch there 4th and even 5th flag with him leading as Captain. Then there is Dusty who will be aiming to win his 4th and 5th Norm Smith medal as well as another Brownlow. You couldn't have 2 better players in a side to have that type of motivation to pull a side together to work through this Dimma crap.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Silence from the club is a little disconcerting. McGuire threatened legal action over Collingwood rumours and had the AFL's integrity dept run an investigation. Speculation about Hardwick's job had better be *smile*.
McGuire threatens legal action if someone from the media as much as gives Collingwood a stern look.

Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Love Dimma and up there with Hafey as tiger immortal but reckon now is perfect time to make change. This year will be extremely hard for the boys to get motivated and someone new and hungry would be good fit. Mc Crae or Kingsley
Going for a threepeat is the "perfect time to make change"?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour he is taking an offer for a succession plan at Collingwood.
Buckley to Hardwick.
Buckley to stay and take a role as director of football. (Then he will leave and go to Carlton)
More to come.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't wait till tomorrow,
The maggots will see him laughing and Hugging Castagna and the rumours will finally end.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
As for Cotch, even if he has lost a bit of respect for Dimma he won't let that get in the way of his love for both club and teammates. It will not affect his attitude and desire for success. He knows he has the chance to be an immortal in the history of the game if the team can clinch there 4th and even 5th flag with him leading as Captain. Then there is Dusty who will be aiming to win his 4th and 5th Norm Smith medal as well as another Brownlow. You couldn't have 2 better players in a side to have that type of motivation to pull a side together to work through this Dimma crap.
Agree. Bring on the 3 peat and 4th & 5th Nornies.

While recognising that the main Dimma/Cotch relationship is Coach/Captain, and without personally knowing either of them (and therefore only making comment based on observations), I'd suggest their relationship goes a bit deeper. Call it mateship, call it mentor, even call it minor father figure.

Now I'm sure there are plenty of posters that have a mate that they loved like a brother, who went and did something that disappointed them (I sure have). It doesn't mean you have to no longer work with or have a social life with the person. Depends on circumstances.

It gets down to how bad the "indiscretion" is in Cotch's (or any other player's) mind. And even then, you'd like to think that as professionals they'd be able to compartmentalise things sufficiently to keep personal views of Dimma's life separate from their jobs as footballers.
For me, bottom line is it's nobody's business but those directly involved, and most footballers couldn't care less. :gotiges

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Big rumour he is taking an offer for a succession plan at Collingwood.
Buckley to Hardwick.
Buckley to stay and take a role as director of football. (Then he will leave and go to Carlton)
More to come.
Thought he might finally make it North.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
IF Dimma was involved with this woman as far back as 2019, then it clearly has had no impact on his coaching or the playing group.
We have won 2 glorious Premierships in this time frame.
The tabloid footy media parasites are just stirring up crap as usual.

Reactions: 7 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
IF Dimma was involved with this woman as far back as 2019,

how did he find the time?

and agree with the posts a few pages about about the daily mail. it is just as likely the opposite of what they wrote is true.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Why do people want to fix something when it is not broken?

Having been running my own businesses for decades until I retired 3 years ago I learnt that in a majority of turmoil situations it is best to sit on your hands and let it play out for a while before making a decision. Most times it solves itself. Those times it didn't fix itself a decision was easier to make and it didn't hurt the business if that decision was made 3 months later or a year later.

Sit tight. Allow those in the RFC Footy Department, coaches, players etc to sort it out if it needs sorting out. If they can't, then that's when management steps in!

End of Rant!
Correct. Half the worries in the world never happen. But don’t be imprudent or reckless nevertheless.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
IF Dimma was involved with this woman as far back as 2019, then it clearly has had no impact on his coaching or the playing group.
We have won 2 glorious Premierships in this time frame.
The tabloid footy media parasites are just stirring up crap as usual.

If thats the case, they should sack him for not finding her earlier.

• Haha

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Why wait ? The drum sticks are in the Tigers hands right now & they can dictate when & where!

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
I’m starting to get worried by some of the texts I’m getting from so many people and some whose mail is usually pretty good.
The club has serious form in relation to imposing their views/morals/opinions on their customers (us), with their overdoing of the woke stuff on many who just want to barrack for a football club and not get involved in politics.
So it wouldn’t surprise to see them pressure an employee (coach) out of the place because he’s done something they don’t like. I hope not, would be a serious overstep and could be the undoing of a great era.

What horse *smile*. Standing up for human rights and against racism/bullying is not politics.

If you read any of Konrad's books you'd know that being a Richmond man is about acknowledging that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes we wish we could take back. Dimma is going nowhere.