Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think you’re on the money on all your points, ezy. And yet again Caro proves that she is incapable of writing about the actual game, as opposed to the circus that goes on off field.

I generally like Caro. I just reckon this article is a piece of crap.

if dimma beat up his wife? was rooting richmond AFLW (or AFL) players? yeah pass judgement.

middle-aged man trades in for something with lower kilometres is not revelatory.

How is anybody to know Dimma hadn't had a root for a decade? Or that Mrs H didn't deliver him an ultimatum 'Its me or the club' and he chose the club?

Ive got a mate whose ex-wife I loved. awesome, easy, couple. I was shocked when they broke up, we had the obligatory 20 beers, and my mate told me he hadn't had a root for 3 years!

I believe only fools judge other people relationships

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Crows Feet up to her ole antics again. Sure its not ideal for this to happen but to suggest this is a special case is a joke. This happens in most workplaces in the country every year. No doubt happened at the The Age multiple times when she was there! Hypocritical of her not to be prepared to report that.

Its happened in every workplace I've ever worked in - married men and women shag work colleagues every day. Some of these hook-ups end of their own accord, others end in divorce.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I'm in the camp that it's better to reflect over time on a moral position than to proffer a knee-jerk opinion.

In that sense, I don't have a problem with Caro being late to the party.

I think it's a well thought-out piece but, ultimately, I reckon she's got it wrong on a few levels.

For starters, it's disappointing for her to declare her feminist credentials yet almost completely relegate Ms Crow to a powerless onlooker. The implication is that Hardwick used his senior position to his advantage. We can't know this is true and I hate the implied disempowerment of the lady in question. Referring to Ms Crow as 'a younger and more junior colleague' is a one-dimensional characterisation that, on the face of it, denigrates Ms Crow as much as it was designed to diminish Hardwick. Caro does this while decrying the idea that “Mrs Hardwick” never had 'a true voice or even her own name'. Ms Crow is a successful, accomplished woman in her 30s. She's been written about as though she's simply a pawn. I think that's sad and, really, quite awful.

Secondly, there is this declaration: 'Affairs of the heart like so many private issues are difficult to write about in the context of a large sporting organisation but no one can deny this situation has not rocked the Tigers and therefore is fair game.'

That is simply disingenuous. You can't, on the one hand, acknowledge a 'private issue' then, on the other hand, say that, for some ill-defined reason, it's suddenly OK to treat the matter like it's gossip-column fodder. Either it's private or it isn't. There is no half-way house on that. It reeks of Caro choosing to wade in when there was enough information in the public arena to justify an intrusion on the private nature of the relationship.

That's a pretty yucky place to find oneself and I suspect, on reflection, Caro may not feel this is her finest work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I'm in the camp that it's better to reflect over time on a moral position than to proffer a knee-jerk opinion.

In that sense, I don't have a problem with Caro being late to the party.

I think it's a well thought-out piece but, ultimately, I reckon she's got it wrong on a few levels.

For starters, it's disappointing for her to declare her feminist credentials yet almost completely relegate Ms Crow to a powerless onlooker. The implication is that Hardwick used his senior position to his advantage. We can't know this is true and I hate the implied disempowerment of the lady in question. Referring to Ms Crow as 'a younger and more junior colleague' is a one-dimensional characterisation that, on the face of it, denigrates Ms Crow as much as it was designed to diminish Hardwick. Caro does this while decrying the idea that “Mrs Hardwick” never had 'a true voice or even her own name'. Ms Crow is a successful, accomplished woman in her 30s. She's been written about as though she's simply a pawn. I think that's sad and, really, quite awful.

Secondly, there is this declaration: 'Affairs of the heart like so many private issues are difficult to write about in the context of a large sporting organisation but no one can deny this situation has not rocked the Tigers and therefore is fair game.'

That is simply disingenuous. You can't, on the one hand, acknowledge a 'private issue' then, on the other hand, say that, for some ill-defined reason, it's suddenly OK to treat the matter like it's gossip-column fodder. Either it's private or it isn't. There is no half-way house on that. It reeks of Caro choosing to wade in when there was enough information in the public arena to justify an intrusion on the private nature of the relationship.

That's a pretty yucky place to find oneself and I suspect, on reflection, Caro may not feel this is her finest work.
Well said

Reactions: 1 user

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
I dont know any details or who did what but media like a sensation and will jump on the side that sells a paper. Look at the bartel split, media carrying on like nadia is a darling whilst ripping into Jim, ive heard nadia wasnt an angel on a trip to coachella with her friends.

Theres 2 sides to everything. As far as im concerned if dimma can still do his job well then let him get on with it. Im over the speculation and the other crap. There's bound to be some angst but there's people on high wages here that should be able to put personal feelings aside and just get on with the job.

(As an aside ive been on the wrong side of a spouse having an affair)

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
There'd be a few people who share Caro's position. I think its overstated but there might be a bit of finessing needed in some relationships between coach and players. I'd suggest a lot of player partners might have concerns with what happened.

Probably better that Caro rather than a Cornes wrote this article.

In the end its a private matter. Will the messenger being tarnished tarnish the message. Maybe but I tend to think it may keep a potentially satiated tiger a little bit keener and hungrier if its us against the world again. We're pretty good at it.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My personal view is the only thing stopping anyone from having an affair is opportunity, even though they might not even be aware of that.
The reason why I wouldn't have an affair is, I know how I would feel if my wife cheated on me.

Reactions: 5 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
The reason why I wouldn't have an affair is, I know how I would feel if my wife cheated on me.
I wouldn’t have an affair because being married to one woman is hard enough!! Eventually the little thing on the side will start demanding things from you and that’s when the real problems arise.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I simply can’t be bothered. I’m way to lazy to see someone on side. All that work, sneaking around, catching up at crazy times and text messages. *smile* that *smile*, one woman is painful enough.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Exactly, no-one ever really knows what goes on behind the closed doors of a marriage.

I never understand the pious attitude people have towards affairs, either. My personal view is the only thing stopping anyone from having an affair is opportunity, even though they might not even be aware of that.

Opportunities happen, it is still a choice one makes.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The reason why I wouldn't have an affair is,

I've always had the view that, if you get caught masturbating, your wife and kids will still love you and your life and finances will remain intact :cool:

Reactions: 1 users