How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Whatever happens, given there’s now another game (Norf v Arsendon at Marvel) confirmed as an exposure site, and thousands more being asked to get tested, I’d be staggered if there’s any crowds at any Melbourne games this week. (If they go ahead at all in Melbourne that is.)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If I was Adelaide, there's no way I'm coming over this weekend and risking being stuck here for a few weeks.

They would be pretty strongly asking for a game shift or a postponement I'd imagine.

id say tigers wouldnt have to think too hard about agreeing to a postponement?

a 4 week pause on the entire fixture would be perfect for us

maybe a byron sports fields grand final in october?

Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Hopefully Benny tells Gilligan to GAGFd when he asks us to play the game in Radelaide.

This is what happens Gilligan when u deliberately F us over. We got no interest in doing u a massive favour

Either the game is in Melb or it don’t happen at all.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Some suggestion a positive case might've contracted it at Marvel (Essendon/North).

With more than 50 exposure sites, I'd almost suggest if you go to the footy in Melbourne this weekend, you're asking for it.

Only if you haven't bothered to get the vaccine if you are eligible.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon a week off for the whole competition would work better, the restrictions in Melbourne are currently only short term and it is worth a try. Although we have a few cases we have been able to track most of the movement of the virus, there's just the initial link we don't have.

Who knows what will happen over the next few days, hopefully not many more cases.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Only if you haven't bothered to get the vaccine if you are eligible.
Well as long as you're protected that's all that counts.

"Sorry dear, I really wanted to go to the game. You'll be out of hospital soon enough.

It's just like a bad cold.
...just a cold...
...just a cold...
...just a cold...
...just a cold...
...just a cold..."

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As 4 games are scheduled in Melb this week, why are we moving?

Reactions: 1 user

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
I would be quite happy to postpone the game altogether. There is no way we should even entertain the idea of playing this game in Adelaide and gifting the crows a home game.
Postpone the game, lets reset and get our boys back fit and primed to make a charge for the threepeat.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Because the Crows may not get back home if they come to Melbourne
Correct. Given SA has shut the border, even if the Govt give them permission to come back, they would need to 14 day quarantine.

I think now a postponement looks on the cards. Also will depend on if any lockdown measures come in from Friday (as rumoured)

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
It's Adelaide's fault we're in this mess anyway, don't send the virus our way and the border stays open. Just give us the 4 points if you don't want to risk a couple weeks in a Melbourne hotel. Tough titties I reckon.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If I was Adelaide, there's no way I'm coming over this weekend and risking being stuck here for a few weeks.

They would be pretty strongly asking for a game shift or a postponement I'd imagine.
That’s ok. They forfeit and we get the 4 points.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well as long as you're protected that's all that counts.

"Sorry dear, I really wanted to go to the game. You'll be out of hospital soon enough.

It's just like a bad cold.
...just a cold...
...just a cold...
...just a cold...
...just a cold...
...just a cold..."

Yeah, it's just a cold, vaccine can wait, herd immunity can wait, just stay home and we'll all be fine.

DS

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Even if Adelaide do make the trip, they’ll be subject to restrictions, and certainly won’t be able to go to the shops.

Might need to pre-pack those shopping bags.

Last edited:

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
It's Adelaide's fault we're in this mess anyway, don't send the virus our way and the border stays open. Just give us the 4 points if you don't want to risk a couple weeks in a Melbourne hotel. Tough titties I reckon.
Nope
It’s the Victorian Government Fault . There Gold Star contract tracing is more like the colour of soiled baby nappies
What a joke Victoria has become .

Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
This is laughable what how many cases 10 to 15 and we need take games into another state no wonder we're behind in covid response compared to rest of the world deal with it pathetic.

Reactions: 3 users