How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
This is laughable what how many cases 10 to 15 and we need take games into another state no wonder we're behind in covid response compared to rest of the world deal with it pathetic.
Remember nobody has died for 8 months
Hospitals are empty
Don’t let the facts get in the way now as they are the facts

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Nope
It’s the Victorian Government Fault . There Gold Star contract tracing is more like the colour of soiled baby nappies
What a joke Victoria has become .
I can't believe they didn't call a snap 3 day lockdown a few days ago. The QLD government locks down after someone has sneezed. I think it works to minimise transmission while contact tracing happens. 3 days early beats an extended period later. Plus there would be a crowd at the G this weekend.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The QLD government locks down after someone has sneezed.

correction: the Qld govt locked down and closed borders in the lead up to an election.

now, we dont hear the 'keeping qld'ers safe' bite so much, and there seems to be much less snap Covid decisions.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I can't believe they didn't call a snap 3 day lockdown a few days ago. The QLD government locks down after someone has sneezed. I think it works to minimise transmission while contact tracing happens. 3 days early beats an extended period later. Plus there would be a crowd at the G this weekend.

there will be no crowds. 5 day lockdown coming. Benny Gale to confirm we are playing in Sydney

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Good chance our next 2 or 3 games will be interstate. We should be lobbying for a 3 - 5 week pause to the season.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's been 16 months and nothing.
All politicians, no matter which party, are culpable.
They are only interested in self preservation.
It would be so easy as you say to make it happen.
No, the federal government is culpable.

Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
If I was Adelaide, there's no way I'm coming over this weekend and risking being stuck here for a few weeks.

They would be pretty strongly asking for a game shift or a postponement I'd imagine.
Quite ironic given it was a critical failure in SA hotel quarantine that has led to the outbreak in Melbourne. Now we miss out on a home game. They’ve *smile* us both ways.

Looks like the game will be in Sydney.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
correction: the Qld govt locked down and closed borders in the lead up to an election.

now, we dont hear the 'keeping qld'ers safe' bite so much, and there seems to be much less snap Covid decisions.
I love Anastasia. Without her no footy and no flag for Tigers. Might have kept the Vic riff raff for most of the year out but small price to pay.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I love Anastasia. Without her no footy and no flag for Tigers. Might have kept the Vic riff raff for most of the year out but small price to pay.

never thought of it that way.

OK, our tiger Ana it is

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Why Sydney? We should go to our home at Metricon.

Tell the AFL to *smile* off.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Good chance our next 2 or 3 games will be interstate. We should be lobbying for a 3 - 5 week pause to the season.

We need to just check with our medical/conditioning people first - maybe a 4-6 weeks pause would suit better

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Why Sydney? We should go to our home at Metricon.

Tell the AFL to *smile* off.

maybe we should forfeit the season. Peggy phones Gil and says 'ya'll go ahead without us, we're just going to consolidate our club and try pay off our fines and donations and try and get on top of the new rules'

remain undefeated b2b premiers for another year

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Lockdown...

Just hearing that word makes me depressed again.

Hopefully Richmond can create magic for us again. Only the biggest club can have the biggest effect on the most people during tough times. It’s their ethical obligation to keep winning premierships!

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Not sure that's right. We had snap lockdowns with a couple of transmissions just before Easter and another lockdown in January on the back of the first UK strain hitting the community. Both lockdowns were swift, short and sharp and seemed to limit transmission (or maybe it was just a coincidence).

I'm definitely not an apologist for QLD ALP / Annastascia Palachook (I just wish the LNP could put up a viable opposition) but I can't fault the way they have handled COVID. I was back in the office in July last year, eating out, watching the footy. Meanwhile poor Victorians were stuck at home.

Reactions: 3 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
So if we play in Sydney forfeiting our home game, do we get compensated later in the year with a home game to make up for it ? Or is it just a case of bad luck & this is the times we are in ?

BrisTiger24

Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
So if we play in Sydney forfeiting our home game, do we get compensated later in the year with a home game to make up for it ? Or is it just a case of bad luck & this is the times we are in ?

This is Richmond...can't believe you need to ask the question!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
umm.......yeah, nah.