How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Not sure that's right. We had snap lockdowns with a couple of transmissions just before Easter and another lockdown in January on the back of the first UK strain hitting the community. Both lockdowns were swift, short and sharp and seemed to limit transmission (or maybe it was just a coincidence).

I'm definitely not an apologist for QLD ALP / Annastascia Palachook (I just wish the LNP could put up a viable opposition) but I can't fault the way they have handled COVID. I was back in the office in July last year, eating out, watching the footy. Meanwhile poor Victorians were stuck at home.

Plus Melbourne’s lower humidity and temperature are conditions for higher rates of transmission, so you’d think Victoria would have a lower threshold for snap lockdowns than QLD. Snap lockdowns have been shown to be effective around the world, so I agree with you about our fairly slow reaction for this one.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Reports saying game will be tomorrow at Giants Stadium, with Bulldogs game potentially moving/postponed due to Melb player at Tier 1 exposure site.

Who knows if 100%, but........................in any weather..........

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Nope
It’s the Victorian Government Fault . There Gold Star contract tracing is more like the colour of soiled baby nappies
What a joke Victoria has become .
Someone brought it back from India because they wanted to attend a wedding or some such. Count the cost...

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Damn, was looking forward to the Sunday afternoon game at the G. I'm confident we can get the job done in Sydney anyway.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
If the lockdown is more than 7 days, and spills into the following weekend, then the silver lining could be that Dreamtime can take place in Darwin again.
Nup:
"Richmond are preparing to fly to Sydney at 4pm on Thursday to face Adelaide at Giants Stadium and have been told they could play their annual Dreamtime clash against Essendon, set for round 12, in Perth.

Club sources at Richmond said the AFL had told the Tigers that they may even stay in Perth after the scheduled Dreamtime game, as they are set to play West Coast there in round 13.

Sunday’s match against Adelaide was originally to be played at the MCG but is set to be moved from to Giants Stadium as the AFL responds to Victoria’s escalating COVID-19 crisis."

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Club sources at Richmond said the AFL had told the Tigers that they may even stay in Perth after the scheduled Dreamtime game, as they are set to play West Coast there in round 13.

Could work in our favour, a week in Perth ahead of the Weegles game to aclimatise and build up the "us against the city" mentality. Would love to beat them over there for once.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Given they have had to reschedule the Darwin game, move the Richmond game and there are issues with other games, plus the fact we have cases in Vic but most are still traceable, I would go for a 1 week postponement of all games and reset in a week. The lockdown in Vic will hopefully not be for long.

We really need to get out of this cycle of getting rid of the virus and it comes back so we lockdown. This is Australia, a country which does not have a lot of diseases which are rampant around the world, we have quarantined before, we know how to do this. Back years ago we had quarantine stations - Point Nepean, that island in Sydney Harbour. Why the f*** would Australia think that hotels are a decent quarantine facility? Shared air conditioning, close rooms etc, just not made for quarantine.

The Federal Government has been asleep, should have built dedicated quarantine at least 6 months ago and they are still sitting on their hands. In the words of the immortal John Kennedy: Do Something!

DS

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Given they have had to reschedule the Darwin game, move the Richmond game and there are issues with other games, plus the fact we have cases in Vic but most are still traceable, I would go for a 1 week postponement of all games and reset in a week. The lockdown in Vic will hopefully not be for long.

We really need to get out of this cycle of getting rid of the virus and it comes back so we lockdown. This is Australia, a country which does not have a lot of diseases which are rampant around the world, we have quarantined before, we know how to do this. Back years ago we had quarantine stations - Point Nepean, that island in Sydney Harbour. Why the f*** would Australia think that hotels are a decent quarantine facility? Shared air conditioning, close rooms etc, just not made for quarantine.

The Federal Government has been asleep, should have built dedicated quarantine at least 6 months ago and they are still sitting on their hands. In the words of the immortal John Kennedy: Do Something!

DS

We can't stay closed forever, quarantine stations are a band-aid. We need to get the population vaccinated as soon as possible. That's the solution IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I’m calling it early.

Perth hubs and Perth Grand Final.

All signs suggest this lockdown is shaping up to be similar to last year’s.

maisie928

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
Could work in our favour, a week in Perth ahead of the Weegles game to aclimatise and build up the "us against the city" mentality. Would love to beat them over there for once.
WA has just closed it's borders with Victoria, so not sure how the Perth game will go ahead?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I love this fluid fixturing, seems to change every half hour.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Nup:
"Richmond are preparing to fly to Sydney at 4pm on Thursday to face Adelaide at Giants Stadium and have been told they could play their annual Dreamtime clash against Essendon, set for round 12, in Perth.

Sunday’s match against Adelaide was originally to be played at the MCG but is set to be moved from to Giants Stadium as the AFL responds to Victoria’s escalating COVID-19 crisis."
But we're not set to play anyone in R13, we're set to have the bye, with WCE in R14.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Where are we playing now following the last 15 mins? 1st half at Giant Stadium, 2nd half at Metricon?

• Haha