If Geelong wins the 2021 premiership... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Geelong wins the 2021 premiership...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its an asterix Flag this year not due to Covid, but no Tigers in Finals.
I reckon besides the 300 injures.
None of the kids have jumped out to take a position in our best 22.
That's the biggest issue i have coming out of this year.
I will say it again unless it's a top 5 pick or a fluke rookie selection our drafting beyond pick 10 is crap.
I think Dow we be ok.
Collier Dawkins maybe.
Naish, im better
Cj, wants to leave
Higgins left
Ellis left
Ellis got the boot
Fingers crossed the club uses this year's picks to get ready made players out of clubs and not to *smile* 6 down the drain.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Considering geelongs complete dominance of the home and away seasons during the past few years do we need some rule changes to peg them back a bit?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Considering geelongs complete dominance of the home and away seasons during the past few years do we need some rule changes to peg them back a bit?
New rule: Ducking the head.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Any AFL accredited jernos prepared to write an article on how dramatically Steve Hocking’s rule changes have impacted our dominance & improved Geelong’s chances? If they do somehow win this years flag it will get zero respect from me. A big fat asterisk of doubt. What an absolute disgrace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Any AFL accredited jernos prepared to write an article on how dramatically Steve Hocking’s rule changes have impacted our dominance & improved Geelong’s chances? If they do somehow win this years flag it will get zero respect from me. A big fat asterisk of doubt. What an absolute disgrace.
It’s almost like SHocking et al designed the new rules to suit the Cats list profile. :cool:

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If they somehow lose this years premiership it'll be *smile* hilarious.

Everything's been set up perfectly for the Moggies to waltz this years flag home. The only team with a game built to beat them has been butt *smile* by injuries and savaged by the new rules.

Rest of the teams in pretention are to flaky n have too many gaps n deficiencies in their list. One of them would need to have an amazing finals series to even get close to taking the flag this year.

If / when we don't make it, I'm barracking for the Swannies. They've done an amazing job of bouncing back this year n got some players that are fun to watch. Plus they wear my old home clubs colours, so I'll wish them well.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh I’m staggered there hasn’t been any critical analysis of the rule changes and their impact. All we heard at the start of the year was that they saved football and since about round 5 when everyone realised they hadn’t it’s been crickets.
No coincidence Kermit is real quiet about the whole rule changes/shocking thing. And now he is almost patronising towards the tigers. *smile* muppets.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Waiting for the "we need to peg back geelong" articles for their home and away dominance during the past few years.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
They've looked the best to me all year. Not really sure why so many people have been so dismissive of them.

Really hope someone can, but don't think anyone can stop them. They need a few injuries or a bizarre day weather wise or something to prevent them from going all the way. Maybe the Dogs at their best playing fast on the G can grab them, but even then they have an amazing ability to suffocate teams and stop that from happening.

Somebody DO SOMETHING !!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
there needs to be momentum to get rid of the standing rule.

#getridofthestandingrule

Dimma was asked if you had to choose, do you draft a player who can kick or one that can apply pressure and tackle? Dimma said a player that can apply pressure and tackle.

We drafted players and developed a game plan based on the rules in place and built a dynasty, then Geelong and the AFL tap us on the shoulder and say "sorry guys, you can't play like that anymore". Not only does this set us back this year, but we have to turn over the make up of our entire playing list to suit the new rules, which is pretty much a full re-build.

I know we don't like to complain but surprised the club isn't making any noise about this.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

A piece like that will get slightly less media coverage than Mick Warner's "The Boys' Club".

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geelong are very good and recruited to try and make up the very small margin they needed to get that last step.

The rule changes have favoured their style of play and penalised our system. But I reckon Geelong would have been damned hard to beat anyway, they were damned hard to beat last year and have added players to make them better.

That said, I think the stand rule is a joke, it is a terrible rule. Something needs to be done about the way they are turning this game into chip, mark, stand ad nauseum - it isn't the free flowing game I grew up with.

Plus, the reduction in scores coincided with limits on interchange. Wasn't the interchange limit imposed in 2014? Average scores in 2014 were 5.5 points down on 2013 and the trend is down. The AFL can't seem to decide whether they think tired players will increase scores or whether fresh players will increase scores, maybe they should look at the rule changes and the scoring. Not that scores need to be higher, that's just what the AFL profess to want.

Geelong look to be the best team at the moment. Many factors go into winning a flag, but luck plays a part and they are doing well on the injury front. Add to that the fact that Geelong have a very experienced team, a couple of good players to return, and it is hard to find another team who will beat them. I can't see Melbourne beating Geelong, maybe Footscray? Brisbane and Port simply don't look good enough.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not sure why people say Melb can’t beat them. They did already this year. They’ve beaten all other teams in the 8. They lost to the dogs by 3 goals when crucified by the umps. They won’t lose to them again.
Cats-Dees Gf for mine.