If Geelong wins the 2021 premiership... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Geelong wins the 2021 premiership...

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Salty Scott should hand his medal to Shocking on the dias if they win. Gilligan also booked to present the premiership cup.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Salty Scott should hand his medal to Shocking on the dias if they win. Gilligan also booked to present the premiership cup.
Yep like how Bevo handed it to Bob Murphy, it would be a nice touch if Salty called Shocking up on the stage to give him his medal.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Geelong have been peaking for a little while now. They’re also old and the GF is over 2 months away.

There’s a higher chance they’ll lose form to niggles or injuries when you depend on a larger number of older players.

They’ll be ripe for a repeat of 2020 if another team heats up during finals...

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That’s one team I can’t deal or cope with if Geelong win.

They are in the box seat. I’ve thought that since the recruitment of the big 3.

I couldn’t stomach seeing Scott..

-Selwood
Dangerfield
Rohan
Miers
Hawkins etc etc... could nearly go through their whole side.

I could stomach Melbourne winning even and that says a lot...

Reactions: 1 users

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
If the cats win it, it will be because they are the best team on the day.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geelong have been peaking for a little while now. They’re also old and the GF is over 2 months away.

There’s a higher chance they’ll lose form to niggles or injuries when you depend on a larger number of older players.

They’ll be ripe for a repeat of 2020 if another team heats up during finals...

This is certainly a possibility, but we're about to hit August so not a bad time to start peaking. Can they keep it up, will they get injuries? Time will tell but the age of their team would be something they are looking at. Maybe manage players, but that is a risk as you want them in form come September.

Dismissing Melbourne? Yeah, I remain a little unconvinced by Melbourne just because I'm not sure they can score enough to beat the likes of Geelong. They are capable of limiting Geelong's scoring but they need to score themselves. We'll see how their form is come September.

Footscray seem to be going well at the moment. Biggest question remains their defence, especially against a forward line with Hawkins and Cameron in.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Perhaps eh, BUT its all about on the day. We aint great, BUT we have a solid game plan, and some bluddy big bodies
Yeh, if they get their best side on the park for the finals will be tough to beat.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Perhaps eh, BUT its all about on the day. We aint great, BUT we have a solid game plan, and some bluddy big bodies
IMHO Cats are the team to beat , yep youve got to get there first I.e Tigs v Pies 2018 , I think it’s as even as it’s been , now with WA hosting the finals a possibility WC are back in the race , all other top 8 sides are good on their day, just think the Cats are the safest bet

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Only because some out there dont realise that.....happy to help :)

We've had enough practice these last 4 years, I doubt anyone here has forgotten! (despite the game day thread melting, we're all guilty of)

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
They have kept together a good assisant coaching group. Matty Knights, Scarlett, Enright, Lappin, Grigga and O'Bree. It compares well with Kingsley, Lonergan, McQualter and Clarke. Salty must have a fair bit of money if he can afford to sacrifice his entire wage like he did last year.