If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Morrison is online tonight saying these measures will be in place for 6 months at least.

Lets not pretend anymore. The 2020 AFL season is over & the AFL & associated clubs now need to make decisions on what they're doing regarding memberships.

he has been saying that for weeks. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I do believe he's painting a worst case scenario. SBS news were saying things could start turning back to normal by July if we strictly keep to the rules. i think for our own sanity, we should have a glass half full attitude and hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
It’ll take 6+ months for normalcy to return, but that’s different to saying there will be a 6+ month lockdown.

I believe this wave is likely to be on the downward trajectory by July/August.

There might be additional waves in the future, sure, but the country probably won’t remain in lockdown the entirety of that time in between waves.

Should sport continue in September-December if infection rates subside during that time?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Season is over.
AFL should be gearing up for 2021.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It is hard to say how long we will be locked down but unless they can get a season going with enough time for 17 rounds then you would have to think 2020 is the first completely lost season with no Premier.

Can't see there being enough time to complete a season at the moment, but things do move quickly sometimes.

DS

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Every Bank , Car leasing Company. Gym have suspended or deferred payments , but not the RFC
Very unlikely anyone will see a game this year
RFC collecting monthly payments to pay to keep staff employed I assume , as it’s the only revenue available . Amazing

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
More chance seeing a premier league game at the MCG then a game of footy.
Another 111 confirmed cases today.
At this rate 2021 will be on hold too.
With the membership we buy we are entitled to 11 home games a year each.
We are lucky to get to 3.
My 500 bucks a year is to support the club.
Benny and the boys deserve it.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This is all about having to pay for the Punt Road extension due to the AFLW. The club's coffers should be full after two flags.

Sorry but I'm not interested in propping up a fledgling competition that's unprofitable. A competition that doesn't interest me whatsoever.

The club should have provided payment options to the members.

Happy to make a contribution of say a base membership but several hundred dollars a month? For a season that isn't happening?

Last edited:

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
More chance seeing a premier league game at the MCG then a game of footy.
Another 111 confirmed cases today.
At this rate 2021 will be on hold too.
With the membership we buy we are entitled to 11 home games a year each.
We are lucky to get to 3.
My 500 bucks a year is to support the club.
Benny and the boys deserve it.
Paying Bennys wages

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
This is all about having to pay for the Punt Road extension due to the AFLW. The club's coffers should be full after two flags.

Sorry but I'm not interested in propping up a fledgling competition that's unprofitable. A competition that doesn't interest me whatsoever.

The club should have provided payment options to the members.

Happy to make a contribution of say a base membership but several hundred dollars a month? For a season that isn't happening?
Correct

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
I consider the membership payments an essential monthly expense for an organization that has provided me with an enormous amount of joy over the past few years. To me personally, that’s priceless. However, it would be naive to think that that philosophy should apply across the board due to the diverse personal circumstances of each member of the Tiger Army.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I consider the membership payments an essential monthly expense for an organization that has provided me with an enormous amount of joy over the past few years. To me personally, that’s priceless. However, it would be naive to think that that philosophy should apply across the board due to the diverse personal circumstances of each member of the Tiger Army.
Have no issues with general memberships. Got huge issue with those that have valued added packages . A proportion of that money doesn’t got to the club . Why would you pay for a seat you cannot use is beyond belief . . Why pay for a room you can’t have a drink in . Seriously