If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
The AFL just secured a loan of credit of $500m. Why should club members be footing the bill for their poor investments?
If cuts need to be made so be it.

No way known our club is going back to the dark ages on the back of the men's team winning 2 Premierships in the last 3 seasons.
If it is the whole league is going under.

Have said it before, the unprofitable AFLW league should be the first thing to go.

The million dollar question is why is the AFL broke? Think of the money they have spent in the last few seasons on absolute money pits.
It's crazy!
I have no issue with general membership
I have an issue about debiting supporters accounts who have a reserved seat component /package etc that gets forwarded to the MCC and Spotless/Epicure catering
End of story
Happy for those that want to keep paying or have already paid up front
Cheers
I am more worried about putting food on table for the family rather than contributing to the MCC and AFL coffers

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The AFL just secured a loan of credit of $500m. Why should club members be footing the bill for their poor investments?

Watch them *smile* the $500 million on AFLX.2.
New goal review system that worst then the current one.
Bonus to GWS & GC.
Bronze Statue of Gill out the front of AFL houses taking a specy over Gary Ablett jnr.

Reckon they’ve spent half the money on new fly screens for the office.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watch them **** the $500 million on AFLX.2.

They're playing that at the end of this year if what I'm reading is correct based on talk of shorter quarters, 3 Grand finals, extra subs, wildcards & whatever other ####ing agendas they're attempting to push through on the back of this virus.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

No way known our club is going back to the dark ages on the back of the men's team winning 2 Premierships in the last 3 seasons.

Have said it before, the unprofitable AFLW league should be the first thing to go.

The million dollar question is why is the AFL broke? Think of the money they have spent in the last few seasons on absolute money pits.
It's crazy!

Just a question TOO, have you rung the membership department and asked for refund?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They're playing that at the end of this year if what I'm reading is correct based on talk of shorter quarters, 3 Grand finals, extra subs, wildcards & whatever other ####ing agendas they're attempting to push through on the back of this virus.

Its a desperation cash grab, by the time winter really hits and ther cold and flu season drawns down hard along with the Covid numbers climbing, footy is going to be the furthest thing from anyone's mind.

Every second person with a run of the mill upper respiratory infection is going to think they have the Covid.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The only refund i will see to get back is the $200+ for Auskick and the $250 for registration at juinor footy.
And also the $350 from swimming.
I thought you'd be too old for Auskick.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida

It's crazy!
The league isn't broke, in fact it is in better shape than most Australian businesses. Like most Australian businesses, they don't build up massive cash reserves, but instead invest it back into the business. It's not crazy, it's how businesses grow and any decent CEO would be doing the same with their business.

To me the only vaguely valid criticism is why there isn't a clause to protect the league against this in player contracts. It wouldn't be hard I don't think to tie player salaries to a minimum revenue requirement such that players are paid only a subsistance salary in time of natural disaster or war that prevent games being played.

Last edited:

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Supporters should not be put in a position where they have to.
Ticketek and Ticketmaster have refunded seats for the away games even though it will take 20 days . Why should the club just refund the reserved seat in the packages ? Interesting wording on the email sent for those who did purchase away seats already was that the game wouldn’t be proceeding

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
The league isn't broke, in fact it is in better shape than most Australian businesses. Like most Australian businesses, they don't build up massive cash reserves, but instead invest it back into the business. It's not crazy, it's how businesses grow and any decent CEO would be doing the same with their business.

To me the only vaguely valid criticism is why there isn't a clause to protect the league against this in player contracts. It wouldn't be hard I don't think to tie player salaries to a minimum revenue requirement such that players are paid only a subsistance salary in time of natural disaster or war that prevent games being played.
Hate to tell you this
League is broke
Common knowledge that they have been looking for a line of credit for the past 4-6 weeks
Major sponsors will be pulling out
There will be no VFL or AFLW programs in 2021 irrelevant what the clubs spin
As they cannot afford it , there ain’t no money
Banks supplying the lifeline will ensure that funding will be spent in correct areas to survive
Like when you have a housing loan with progress payments
It’s that bad .
Reason they are trying to get the season going and play is there obligation under contract for TV deal in place
Forget about players health and staff help
Why play

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
He is deluded
Season resume ?
Just keeping grabbing the cash Benny

Paying Bennys wages

Every Bank , Car leasing Company. Gym have suspended or deferred payments , but not the RFC
Very unlikely anyone will see a game this year
RFC collecting monthly payments to pay to keep staff employed I assume , as it’s the only revenue available . Amazing

Bit stingy there Stig.

I'm not referring to you wanting your money back - just your miserable attitude towards Brendon Gale and the Club - especially as both have performed truly magnificently over recent years for us members (and all supporters).
These are extraordinary times - even unprecedented (has anyone used that word?)
Technically the season is still due to be completed and theoretically we might all get our moneys worth (in which case immediately cancelling all memberships would have been the wrong call).

RFC deserves a lot more respect (and a bit of time too) than what you've said to date.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Agree with Stiggy.
AFL is broke.
They're scrabbling to get games so they meet the deal with the TV stations and to put some money back into the till.
How can the AFL be broke??
Seriously, record crowds, record membership numbers, huge TV deals, huge major sponsors.
They have been pissuing money away for years and no-one has had the balls to check and ask where is ALL the money gone.
Im not sure why Gillian Is being praised,
I just want to know where the money has gone.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Bit stingy there Stig.

I'm not referring to you wanting your money back - just your miserable attitude towards Brendon Gale and the Club - especially as both have performed truly magnificently over recent years for us members (and all supporters).
These are extraordinary times - even unprecedented (has anyone used that word?)
Technically the season is still due to be completed and theoretically we might all get our moneys worth (in which case immediately cancelling all memberships would have been the wrong call).

RFC deserves a lot more respect (and a bit of time too) than what you've said to date.
Well you tell me then where the reserve seat money for home games is going / gone
You won’t be attending the footy
Did you go to round 1 ? You still paid for your seat in membership package didn’t you
Guess what , those who took the option of purchasing away seats for Rounds 2 ,3 and 6 are getting a refund as confirmed by email . Why not the home games . ??
At a guess , monies raised through memberships/ reserve seat packages has been used to fund other programs such as the absorbent cost of AFLW etc
I ain’t Stingy at all. But if you honestly think that funding Aligned Leisure and AFLW programs is a great idea , good luck to you
You tell me why they are charging for a reserved seat in the packages ?
They are keeping the money
Away games refunded

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I might add future
I have no issue what so ever with a general membership. Club can keep that proportion
Have huge issue with the reserve seats component for the home games . Which gets forwarded onto MCC for game day etc
Someone tell me where the money has gone when those who have pre purchased away games are getting a refund
Not one person on here can tell me the answer to that . Everyone assumes “ oh it’s ok , club keeps the money , ah no
I await the answers

Reactions: 3 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Well you tell me then where the reserve seat money for home games is going / gone
Did you go to round 1 ? You still paid for your seat in membership package didn’t you
Guess what , those who took the option of purchasing away seats for Rounds 2 ,3 and 6 are getting a refund as confirmed by email . Why not the home games . ??
At a guess , monies raised through memberships/ reserve seat packages has been used to fund other programs such as the absorbent cost of AFLW etc
I ain’t Stingy at all. But if you honestly think that funding Aligned Leisure and AFLW programs is a great idea , good luck to you
Away games refunded

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
My issue with this is that this industry will be destroyed due to the
love it
Article written last night
Issue will be all recreational facilities will be closed for a long long time due to virus
But good pick up Taz

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
My issue with this is that this industry will be destroyed due to the

love it
Article written last night
Issue will be all recreational facilities will be closed for a long long time due to virus
But good pick up Taz
no worries Ja Stig :)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

This is one of my biggest critcisms of the AFL. They don't own a lot of assets. they rely on various levels of government funding for infrastructure and now the chickens are coming home to roost. yes they have Marvel and thats a godsend for them (something the NRL doesn't have), but footy really should have been trying to own stadiums and training grounds for decades..

How can the AFL be broke??
Seriously, record crowds, record membership numbers, huge TV deals, huge major sponsors.
They have been pissuing money away for years and no-one has had the balls to check and ask where is ALL the money gone.
Im not sure why Gillian Is being praised,
I just want to know where the money has gone.

GWS and Gold Coast Suns. I estimate they have wasted something along the lines of $800 million on them.

Away games refunded

good post.