If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Why would they cancel the season in May when it’s been made very clear they are prepared to play into summer which means November , a further 6m away. Ludicrous suggestion , whilst their is a will they will find a way once restrictions are lifted

It's not about whether they should cancel the season in May. Right now the fact is there is no season due to this virus. Who knows what the future holds? May, June, July? 2021? How long is a piece of string?

The idea would be that payments are deferred for those who require funds to be available NOW if their circumstances have changed due to hardship.
If the season is cancelled at a later date such as June then there's no issue. If the season goes ahead they'll be required to pay the difference ala the AFL membership.

Please note: if you pause your scheduled payments, a future catch-up payment may be required to resume your AFL Membership once certainty around the remaining matches is communicated.

This way loyalty systems are also retained.

It just seems entirely wrong to me that members who are doing it tough, through a job loss are still paying CC payments for a service they're not receiving.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Nothing been said in regards to 25% discount on all memberships , why ?
Season if it ever goes ahead would be 17 game . Fair is Fair ! .

Reactions: 2 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Because I still have employment, I am happy for the club to keep charging me my membership if it keeps them afloat. I have allowed membership of my martial arts club to be taken out of my account even though we cannot train because it means the instructor can have some form of income and the club will be able to continue after this crisis. I am happy for my gym membership to keep charging a significantly reduced fee if it means that the gym instructor s get a basic income so that they can feed and house themselves. People are doing it tough at the moment and I see it as my civic duty to help in whatever little way I can in a crisis.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I understand that peoples circumstances will be different, I’m sure if anyone made their case the club would suspend or cancel membership. Members shouldn’t misunderstand that the financial plight on clubs is real , none of our revenue streams are active , football, Gyms or wantirna club , they will be counting on members to stick rather than bail , all clubs will

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Because I still have employment, I am happy for the club to keep charging me my membership if it keeps them afloat. I have allowed membership of my martial arts club to be taken out of my account even though we cannot train because it means the instructor can have some form of income and the club will be able to continue after this crisis. I am happy for my gym membership to keep charging a significantly reduced fee if it means that the gym instructor s get a basic income so that they can feed and house themselves. People are doing it tough at the moment and I see it as my civic duty to help in whatever little way I can in a crisis.

Those of us who are still working can contribute while the rest shouldn't have to.

Just hope they keep us working from home, but my work has increased if anything and I'll be sorting out various messes for a few years after this.

Those who have lost income should be able to drop out for the rest of the year and not lose loyalty status.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We need fewer clubs - in particular fewer from Melbourne - but we also need an even number.

Disagree. Prefer to revive the VFL than see the likes of Gold Coast propped up over the traditional clubs. Their history is our history.

Gold Coast is a project club that will require massive investment for some time yet. Perhaps in perpetuity. The Melbourne clubs are better financial propositions. Besides, the AFL is going to need all the supporters it can get, and Gold Coast have none.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Car lease companies reach out and put monthly payments on hold for 3 months . House mortgage payments, banks reach out and suspend monthly payments for 3 months . Gyms close and suspend payments till a time of reopening
RFC want to keep debiting for something they cannot supply . Life needs to put into perspective sometimes

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Obviously gunna be quite a few people struggling to cope financially because of this situation that will need to suspend or cancel their membership payments n thinking this can easiest be done by individuals contacting the club on a case by case basis. Not sure what's possible for some to get their funds returned as no-one knows if we're getting half a season or it's all done after round one.

Guess I'm lucky enough that I'm fairly close to retiring anyway n my on going finances aren't going to fall over by keeping my monthly membership payment going ( my measly bloody super eggs taken a serious butt *smile* though ) so for me the club can have my funds this year.

Saw our great era through the late 60's early 70's and all our miserable years in between this recent shiny bright glory time. When we were broke, inept both on and off the field, virtually selling our club to Bond for some survival cash, rattling tin cans n subsisting in premises full of possum poop.

Strongly believe that once this coroner crap is all over there's going to be a hell of a lot of re structuring n cleaning up to do before the entire comp gets back on an even keel. Those clubs that have retained most of their financial strength and control of their systems and personnel will be in best position to gain an advantage over others in the comp. We'll need as many of our members where financially possible to write off their memberships this year n help the club stay as strong and healthy as possible to maintain our current edge over the comp.
Last thing I ever want to see is our club become virtually irrelevant within the comp again.

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Obviously gunna be quite a few people struggling to cope financially because of this situation that will need to suspend or cancel their membership payments n thinking this can easiest be done by individuals contacting the club on a case by case basis. Not sure what's possible for some to get their funds returned as no-one knows if we're getting half a season or it's all done after round one.

Guess I'm lucky enough that I'm fairly close to retiring anyway n my on going finances aren't going to fall over by keeping my monthly membership payment going ( my measly bloody super eggs taken a serious butt ******* though ) so for me the club can have my funds this year.

Saw our great era through the late 60's early 70's and all our miserable years in between this recent shiny bright glory time. When we were broke, inept both on and off the field, virtually selling our club to Bond for some survival cash, rattling tin cans n subsisting in premises full of possum poop.

Strongly believe that once this coroner crap is all over there's going to be a hell of a lot of re structuring n cleaning up to do before the entire comp gets back on an even keel. Those clubs that have retained most of their financial strength and control of their systems and personnel will be in best position to gain an advantage over others in the comp. We'll need as many of our members where financially possible to write off their memberships this year n help the club stay as strong and healthy as possible to maintain our current edge over the comp.
Last thing I ever want to see is our club become virtually irrelevant within the comp again.
Understand what your saying , although memberships will make little impact you will find . Yes club needs every cent although the AFL have dug a huge black hole with spending millions upon millions in expansion clubs and other programs. The clubs and AFL priorities will be to ensure all sponsors stay on board . Corporates put in millions and if they fall over , there won’t be any footy for the short term . Imagine if Virgin pull out of AFL ? Would assume that Jeep would be looking at there operations in Australia as well
Happy to be a member , no issue there , although paying for a membership that has added features and benefits that ain’t being delivered, I won’t be paying for ,, sorry
I have been stood down with zero pay
Players stood down in 50%
Don’t think people who are doing it hard should pay.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Understand what your saying , although memberships will make little impact you will find . Yes club needs every cent although the AFL have dug a huge black hole with spending millions upon millions in expansion clubs and other programs. The clubs and AFL priorities will be to ensure all sponsors stay on board . Corporates put in millions and if they fall over , there won’t be any footy for the short term . Imagine if Virgin pull out of AFL ? Would assume that Jeep would be looking at there operations in Australia as well
Happy to be a member , no issue there , although paying for a membership that has added features and benefits that ain’t being delivered, I won’t be paying for ,, sorry
I have been stood down with zero pay
Players stood down in 50%
Don’t think people who are doing it hard should pay.

In summary then it could work if the Club offers a series of options and individual members can opt for getting a full refund of monies paid or no refund - or somewhere between.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
The club should definitely be providing options for members. Nobody should be making judgements on anyone's decisions.
Yep 100% correct
I am happy to be a member but not happy to pay thousands into value added packages when they won’t happen . Especially when Banks out mortgages on hold along with Gyms , Car leasing companies . Yep can still use my house and still drive my car . Think about it !

Reactions: 1 users

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
I'm not convinced of 18 clubs, nor am I convinced about Gold Coast, but expansion, yes, needed to be done.

While we are on the topic, one thing to remember about Australian Rules Football - it has historically had one of, if not the, highest proportion of female fans attending games of any football code in the world. Look at European soccer - crowds are male dominated, and the same goes for rugby, gridiron etc. Expanding into Womens' AFL has heightened interest in what is an important market for Australian Rules Football: women and girls. It has increased participation too.

Maybe we need to drop down to 16 clubs but I also think we need to keep GWS, have a club in Tassie and there are some Melbourne clubs which are not negotiable: StKilda as he only club in the South has to stay as does Western Bulldogs (Footscray to me) as the only club of the West. The club most under threat IMO is North, and the logical move is to relocate to Tassie, that would attract a subsidy from the Tas govt. North will be asking for solidarity in this situation, but their past lack of solidarity is going to come back to bite them I'm afraid.

Fitzroy got merged and moved, South Melbourne just got moved, the weaker clubs who supported this may just reap what they sowed.

DS

scats are west, dogs haven’t been able to pay their own way for a long time

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Morrison is online tonight saying these measures will be in place for 6 months at least.

Lets not pretend anymore. The 2020 AFL season is over & the AFL & associated clubs now need to make decisions on what they're doing regarding memberships.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I just can't see how that is going to work unless 2021 is going to be impacted as well.

The players have to have a 6 week break and then you would want a minimum of 6 weeks training before a season.

I understand the players might agree to forgo the break but that will mean they are going for 12 months or more without much respite which would be a huge gamble with their safety.

And the premiers will need 6 weeks on the turps

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
scats are west, dogs haven’t been able to pay their own way for a long time

Cats might be west, but I was talking west of Melbourne, Geelong ain't in Melbourne.

Dogs need more supporters out west, not sure how they do that but they need them. Playing at Docklands probably doesn't help. If a club like the Dogs got to the crowd levels we have what would they do? Relocate home games to the MCG?

DS