If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Interested what members would do in case of the season being cancelled, seek a refund or treat it as a donation to the club in what would be a time of dire need?

The latter definitely for me, how could I desert them in a crisis when I have just had the best 3 years of my life as a Richmond supporter.

PS. didn't know how to set up a poll.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Interested what members would do in case of the season being cancelled, seek a refund or treat it as a donation to the club in what would be a time of dire need?

The latter definitely for me, how could I desert them in a crisis when I have just had the best 3 years of my life as a Richmond supporter.

PS. didn't know how to set up a pole.

Or a poll !!

• Haha

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Pay for 4 memberships a year in this household and am lucky if I see a game a year live. Usually when I do make it, it’s an away game, doh!

They can keep taking my donation.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Or a poll !!

beat me to it.

I was gonna say dig a 3 foot hole and stick her in with some post mix.

they wont cancel the footy season. why the *smile* would they?

worse case scenario, give your sides 100 loudest supporters their own bay and a bottle of rum each

I usually end up with a big ring of empty seats around me anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
All it takes is one infected player in the comp and its over

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Wouldn’t want to do anything to break my consecutive years of membership - so membership continues irrespective of what happens on the field.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Wouldn’t want to do anything to break my consecutive years of membership - so membership continues irrespective of what happens on the field.
There was a Tigers site years ago that had TShirts for sale “I was there when we were *smile*”. That’s my thoughts. I ain’t giving up anytime soon.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
I’d be quite happy for the club to keep my membership subs ( I pay for 5 memberships and half the time some of them don’t get used throughout the season hence it’d make no difference to me)..

However, I would definitely want a refund from the MCC for the visitors passes I’ve purchased for the Rnd 2 game and the Dreamtime game

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I have an AFL with club support membership and a club one I buy for my elderly mum which she doesn't use.
I've always considered anything that goes to the club a donation and that's how I'll be treating it.

As for the AFL component I'll definitely be hitting them up for a refund... though I reckon somewhere in the miniscule fine print they'll have covered their arses with some sort of paragraph 14, clause 85, section 259, get out of jail card!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Happy for it to be a donation , I figure I’ll save a Sydney Stack by not needing to travel down to games I.e hotel , petrol , food, liquid refreshments

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You'd want the AFL and Seven to make sure all games are free to air, or then the membership funds can be used for Foxtel Credits for the duration of the lockout. Or every member gets access to the AFL streaming service

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Has the potential to throw a couple clubs into financial ruin.
AFL will need to bail them out...

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Seven flags n the sweetest of them all in 17. Think I can live with a season of empty reserved seat if the Numpties decide to cancel life coz it's too dangerous.
Maybe they can just let us in the gate for the Grannie in Sept, that'd do just nicely n I'd be more than happy to risk life and limb.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Geelong who make a killing on their home games will suffer the most.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users