If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Donation to club. Ive suffered through decades to earn my Platinum membership and wouldn't jeopardise it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think the club (or the AFL) should offer the members a refund out of principle. But that doesn't mean I would take it. I think the morally right thing to do is make refunds available for people who want it. People might need the money if this virus continues to get worse.

in addition, I have purchased tix to 2 away games (St Kilda and Melbourne). If I can't go, then I will be expecting a full refund. no ifs or buts.

Reactions: 4 users

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
An interesting debate, there’s a story on the AFL site today about the clubs seeking legal advice about this.

My feeling is that the language (‘membership’) will mean clubs don’t have to offer a refund. This contrasts to European soccer where ‘season ticket’ is the norm and thus indicates matchday entry. Certainly GA memberships (which I would presume constitute at least half of our memberships) contain the words ‘subject to capacity’, which if the capacity is 0 means no entry and no refund.

Other tickets are another matter though. Surge (gouge) pricing is certainly kicking in (Roaming Tiger guest tickets are $70 fo Carlton, compared to $45 for GWS) and should definitely be refunded.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Like the way the poll is tracking, shows how loyal and dedicated we are to our club

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
They do, but we're the mob that stuck by the club in large numbers even when we were **** for decades.

Correct, i bought a 10 year membership in 1990 when we were at our lowest

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I am happy for the club to keep the money. However I think the right thing to do is offer a refund for those that need it.

Although if we are all unemployed in 6 months time then we might be feeling less generous!!

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'm not sure they have a choice. They would have to offer refunds minus costs. Of course people would have the option of donating it instead.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I've slightly changed my first opinion which was that I was just happy to write off and forget my membership payment and let the Club keep it.

I'm now thinking that the Club is welcome to keep all the membership component of my fees - but the payment for reserved seats (home games at the 'G and the one game at Docklands) could be refunded.

That way I'd maintain my ongoing membership years (and same as the rest of the family).
But there's no need for the MCC and AFL to get paid for nothing.

Reactions: 5 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The whole season won’t be cancelled however I’m now more inclined to think some R might be cancelled in the depths of this crisis , hopefully when we are fixtured v a red hot interstate side AWAY

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just need 1 player to contract it and have a whole team sent to isolation for the whole season to come to a grinding halt.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I wouldnt judge anyone wanting money back if they cant can see a game. some folks sail close to the wind.

I have to intercept my bank statements at the post box and destroy them before mrs ez sees them, the amount of bucks the RFC deducts from us.

But like others have said, what price unbridled joy, contentment, vindication, social superiority and optimism?

its priceless.

keep the change

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just need 1 player to contract it and have a whole team sent to isolation for the whole season to come to a grinding halt.

depends. the smart and deep clubs (like us) should have two isolated squads preparing.

I dont think a little global pandemic would interrupt the pursuit of excellence and a premiership at the RFC

we could beat depleted clubs with our VFL side

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I wouldnt judge anyone wanting money back if they cant can see a game. some folks sail close to the wind.

I have to intercept my bank statements at the post box and destroy them before mrs ez sees them, the amount of bucks the RFC deducts from us.

But like others have said, what price unbridled joy, contentment, vindication, social superiority and optimism?

its priceless.

keep the change
I still feel like I owe the Club after what they gave us in 17 & 19

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
that should take about a week

A week no chance.
There are rumours already one player is awaiting results from a BIG Melbourne club.

This season should be cancelled and have a mini cup season .
17 games each, midweek games.
You cannot give a premiership to a side that has won 14 games in front of 0 people.
90% of our game is the people/supporters.