If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
All I know is that I normally receive multiple emails - including surveys - from the Club to different email addresses (as I pay for a bunch of memberships) but none of them have received this latest survey

Yeah, I pay for my daughter's membership and she has got the survey (she is 25).

I reckon it is an issue with the email address.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Who cares what the majority think? The majority view ought never be allowed to interfere with the individual members right to recover a payment made in good faith for a service which now can not and will not be provided.
There are many who are under a terrific financial strain who can no longer afford to make a financial commitment to football clubs and similar. Responsibilities to family, others and self require a review of priorities and football clubs have no right to put themselves in the way of that.
The RFC and others have quite rightly sought to protect their future(s) by standing down staff, they can’t now afford to employ.
For exactly the same reason they should be offering full fee reimbursements to members now.

Agree. We keep getting told that health is more important than football/sport (particulary golf). It's a no brainer the club has an obligation to refund you if you desire it.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I'm happy to pay the membership part, but would be happy to have reserved seating component refunded,since it seems I won't get to use this.
The membership is support of the club, and I don't begrudge the club this, the reserved seating goes, I presume to the AFL/MCG, so *smile* them.
I do not support the AFL in nay way, other than as a conduit to watch Richmond.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
Is this a sign of things to come?

In a letter to members today, the West Coast Eagles have outlined four options for 2020 - pledge, credit, pause or cancel.

Under the offer, Eagles members can pause their membership or roll it over to 2021 for just $50, or cancel their membership altogether for $35.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
The AFL and State gov won't allow 85,000+ people back in to the MCG to watch a game of football until we have a vaccine. There is no vaccine on the horizon, and even if they discovered a potential one tomorrow, it would be 12 months at least of testing to ensure it isn't a thalidomide 2.0.

So.. what do people think about buying a membership for 2021 when there will be no attendance? I'll be keeping my family membership with grand final guarantee, somehow.. (presently unemployed). Just wouldn't want to go to the back of the queue for 2022 and beyond .

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
With the membership packets are people still allowed to ask for the scarf or Hat??

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Richmond FC can 100% of my membership that goes to the club, but I am frustrated that we don't know, have not been told etc about the portion of our reserved seating that goes to the AFL, MCG etc. I want that part back (if it doesn't go to the club). I have no loyalty to either of those bodies - they have made money hand over fist and in the AFL's case spent money on a lot of dubious ventures - I have no interest in supporting them.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
With the membership packets are people still allowed to ask for the scarf or Hat??
Spoke with the club a week or so back, as had to update direct debit details.
Apparently the 2020 membership caps & scarves are in a warehouse gathering dust, until someone works out what to do with them.

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
The AFL and State gov won't allow 85,000+ people back in to the MCG to watch a game of football until we have a vaccine. There is no vaccine on the horizon, and even if they discovered a potential one tomorrow, it would be 12 months at least of testing to ensure it isn't a thalidomide 2.0.

So.. what do people think about buying a membership for 2021 when there will be no attendance? I'll be keeping my family membership with grand final guarantee, somehow.. (presently unemployed). Just wouldn't want to go to the back of the queue for 2022 and beyond .
I've just signed up for the first human trials of a new vaccine here in melbourne, starting next week (your thalidomide reference is not filling me with joy BTW).
Its a 6 month out patient trial so yes its probably at least 12months before its ready to go. The study is worth $2400 so you could kill 2 birds with 1 vaccine, keep your memberships and get footy back quicker by getting onboard! I just want to get back to the pub, so its worth the chance of horrible side effects for a beer and a game of footy. I'm taking a shot for the team. Go me.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I've just signed up for the first human trials of a new vaccine here in melbourne, starting next week (your thalidomide reference is not filling me with joy BTW).
Its a 6 month out patient trial so yes its probably at least 12months before its ready to go. The study is worth $2400 so you could kill 2 birds with 1 vaccine, keep your memberships and get footy back quicker by getting onboard! I just want to get back to the pub, so its worth the chance of horrible side effects for a beer and a game of footy. I'm taking a shot for the team. Go me.

I was on thalidomide for my blood cancer along with my my oral chemo drugs
The paperwork to get the drug was full on.
It was very a powerful drug but it worked in this instance.
And thank christ it did otherwise I wouldn't have seen 2017 or 2019.

Reactions: 7 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I'm happy to pay the membership part, but would be happy to have reserved seating component refunded,since it seems I won't get to use this.
The membership is support of the club, and I don't begrudge the club this, the reserved seating goes, I presume to the AFL/MCG, so **** them.
I do not support the AFL in nay way, other than as a conduit to watch Richmond.
I'm pretty sure the reserved seating income goes in a very major part to RFC. If not why else would they push such packages so strongly?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I was on thalidomide for my blood cancer along with my my oral chemo drugs
The paperwork to get the drug was full on.
It was very a powerful drug but it worked in this instance.
And thank christ it did otherwise I wouldn't have seen 2017 or 2019.
Thalodimide started out as a morning sickness cure. Now it cures cancer? Or is it for the side effects of other treatments?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Regardless bigwow makes a very good point & the breakdown of who gets what would be good to know.
Big wow has a case but he is justifying the argument fir refund of reserved seating on the "fact" that the money only goes to the AFL and so a refund won't have a negative impact on the RFC.
I don't have a problem with people wanting a refund....but just come out and say that you need for financial reasons or that you simply don't think it's equitable to pay for something and not receive what you were paying for.
After All no one says I don't want a refund on my holiday payment because it will have an adverse impact on the hotel, or tour company.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Thalodimide started out as a morning sickness cure. Now it cures cancer? Or is it for the side effects of other treatments?

It doesn't cure the cancer.
It supresses the cancer in the initial diagnosis along side self injecting one self with steroids.
Then high doses of chemo with stem cell therapy supresses the cancer, there is no cure.
6 years now with it, so I'm greedy I want too see more tiger flags.

Reactions: 8 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
It doesn't cure the cancer.
It supresses the cancer in the initial diagnosis along side self injecting one self with steroids.
Then high doses of chemo with stem cell therapy supresses the cancer, there is no cure.
6 years now with it, so I'm greedy I want too see more tiger flags.

Wishing you all the best @tigers80
Hope the past few years have given you a lift to continue the fight.
Take care.

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I'm pretty sure the reserved seating income goes in a very major part to RFC. If not why else would they push such packages so strongly?
Incorrect. The tickets / reserve seating allocation is a Ticketmaster / Ticketek collection not a RFC. Collection . It’s by name only on your credit card . They collect money which goes to ground provided ,eg MCC . A rebate / commission is given to the RFC and comes under reserved seats revenue in annual report .

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
the latests Fight and fight and win video narrated by Peggy made me cry.

I found it very interesting that they included footage of Cuz embracing Dusty with the script 'piece by piece, we've built success .......' (sic)

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Spoke with the club a week or so back, as had to update direct debit details.
Apparently the 2020 membership caps & scarves are in a warehouse gathering dust, until someone works out what to do with them.
RFC should just post them all out to members as far as Im concerned. They club has taken money imo that the least they can do.
I hope public are allowed back at games this year but it doesnt look likely...

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

well done on participating.

Correct me if I am wrong but there was never a vaccine developed for the Spanish Flu , SARS , MERS or Swine Flu was there ?