If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
I contacted the club today asking for a refund on my membership due to hardship.
I was told that my payments would be suspended but the club are not refunding at the moment.

Interesting. I wonder if that will be the same response for a member who paid their membership amount in full in November (one can only assume).

Wonder what the long term implications will be on membership (value and numbers) with the stance taken by the clubs. How many members will shed their memberships and just take the risk of buying just game day tickets?

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Agree Oldie, but this is our time. Want season to go ahead while we have the likes of Cotchin, Edwards, Grimes, Houli, Martin, Lynch, Prestia, Riewoldt, Valistuin, and possibly even Rance.
Next year they are a year older and it looks like all teams may reduce lists to 35.
Allowing for the fact that we will have also to make room for the draft, here is not much chance that this group of 10, will ever again have the opportunity to run out together again.
Going to be hard for those clubs that have a high % of players 30 and over. Do they run the risk of keeping the experience and releasing younger under-developed players or do they cut the "oldies" so they set themselves up better long term.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Next year they are a year older and it looks like all teams may reduce lists to 35.

Smaller list should be optional, and if you can afford to pay your 40 then do it.

Jeez we just chopped Townsend and Moore and they were snapped up - our bottom five would make the opposition stronger.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Going to be hard for those clubs that have a high % of players 30 and over. Do they run the risk of keeping the experience and releasing younger under-developed players or do they cut the "oldies" so they set themselves up better long term.
Chimp, Jack R and Sheda are all over 30, might be an idea to revisit the Veterans List for a year or two.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Chimp, Jack R and Sheda are all over 30, might be an idea to revisit the Veterans List for a year or two.

Can’t see Hocking doing that.
He’ll have some hair brain idea of players wearing snow skies for 2020.

Reactions: 2 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Rance and Houli over 30’s to depart the list at years end will help us keep a better balance with these changes.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The biggest chance for footy is that it's purely a domestic code.
With likely bans on international flights for some time, many sports won't be as fortunate.
More internationally focused sports such as cricket, tennis, golf etc. are going to really struggle to survive.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Here is a good one in regards to AFL and refunds
Friend who has 8 Medallion Club seats and Marvel which also access MCG . Pays monthly .Direct Debit has continued , no explanation, no notifications. Tried to ring Marvel/AFL only to be told that there aren’t any staff working in that department and that they were all stood down .Accessed his account online last night and changed details on credit card so payment would not continue . Amazing

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Friend who has 8 Medallion Club seats and Marvel which also access MCG . Pays monthly .Direct Debit has continued , no explanation, no notifications. Tried to ring Marvel/AFL only to be told that there aren’t any staff working in that department and that they were all stood down .Accessed his account online last night and changed details on credit card so payment would not continue . Amazing

Nice way to keep people from cancelling.
The old one's are back,
1, The lines are busy.
2. Our office hours are between 9.00 -9.05am Monday to Tuesdays
3. The recorded message "we will be back after the CV passes"
4. Listening to the Marvel anthem while your on hold for 3 days.

Best way of sorting this out is straight up and down, like ypu said either change your CC details or just block the future withdrawals through the banks website without changing or cancelling your card.
Flk ringing them...waste of time.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005

Up and gone with the cash, well done Dill, good way to treat your members and employees.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Wife and I will not seek refund as we wish to continue to financially support the club in these trying times.

A bit like when we donated to Save our Skins.

Like many, we have taken a fairly heavy financial hit, but at the same time have reduced spending by staying home. No fuel costs, etc., etc.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wife and I will not seek refund as we wish to continue to financially support the club in these trying times.

A bit like when we donated to Save our Skins.

Like many, we have taken a fairly heavy financial hit, but at the same time have reduced spending by staying home. No fuel costs, etc., etc.

I've worn out 3 pair of shoes from just walking from the couch to the fridge.

• Haha

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
Wondering if anyone else received a club survey canvassing thoughts for membership refunds, credits towards memberships (over 1 to 2 years) and membership additions (hats/scarves - receiving ones this year and none in future years).