If we get Taranto and Hopper, the AFL may as well hand us the 2023 premiership now! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If we get Taranto and Hopper, the AFL may as well hand us the 2023 premiership now!

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Yep. This was the start of the downfall and they’re still reeling from it.
Delicious

And they are still paying around 300k of Treloar's contract and have Grundy on a million bucks who put the cue in the rack after signing it and then copping injuries.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Taranto worth our 1st pick, no more IMO.

Hopper our own 2nd rounder and our 2nd rounder next year. Add in a steak knives player ala RCD or a further swap of picks.

Both players have missed chunks of footy this year plus Taranto has had a concerning back injury.

GWS get a bevy of picks and most importantly some salary cap relief.

Reactions: 1 user

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
If we get Hopper and Taranto the AFL will hand us the Hardest draw next season bookmark it.

It's nailed on to happen.
We can only play one of the remaining 6 teams, twice !

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Guys.. this thread and all the posts....reckon you are setting yourselves up for some disappointment if you think we are getting both.

TT sounds likely (I wont believe until its on our website), but Hopper, nah. I know hope is good but think everyone will be disappointed when its announced he is off to the sooks. Media stirring things up b/c they love tearing us down

• Wow

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
We have finished in the middle 6 of the ladder so our double up opponents are already set. They can't hand us an overly hard draw. That can make sure we travel interstate often though.
Yeah nah, Kong.

Take a look at Geelong's draw for this year. How is it that they played Nordamelbun (and other duds twice)?

We'll get screwed.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
As I see it - this is happening. I reckon Both players want to come to Punt Rd and now it’s a matter of getting a deal done. Dimma would never have spoken the way he did on 360 if it wasn’t on the cards. “We are hoping to facilitate that” - says to me Hopper wants in.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Yeah nah, Kong.

Take a look at Geelong's draw for this year. How is it that they played Nordamelbun (and other duds twice)?

We'll get screwed.
Geelong v Norf are traditional rivals stretching back to the 1600's. Plus they are marquee games. Have a massive crowd draw. Bigger than the Q-clash, the Battle of the Bridge, the Western Derby and whatever the *smile* they call the Port v Adelaide games, all put together. There is NOTHING as riveting as a Norf v Geelong game in the middle of winter at York Park in Launnie.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
If we get Hopper and Taranto the AFL will hand us the Hardest draw next season bookmark it.

It's nailed on to happen.
I hesitate to mention that there are rules applying to our draw next season. Based on our finish it should be no more difficult than this years.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
OK, now Hop and Taz have officially nominated their destination club.

1662615377317.png

and

1662615386932.png

• Haha